Marine Deck Cranes Market – Introduction
- Marine deck crane is a type of simple machine, usually equipped with a wire ropes, cranes, hoist rope, and sheaves, which can be used for loading and unloading cargo.
- Deck cranes are employed to lift both heavy and light materials with a 360 degree rotating boom.
- Deck cranes can also move horizontally to transport material from one place to another; however, they are commonly utilized in the transport industry to load and unload cargo, goods, or freight.
- Furthermore, deck cranes vary in terms of operation and design that suits the loading and unloading of common freight or goods.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Marine Deck Cranes Market – Competition Landscape
- In March 2013, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI) entered into an agreement with STX Construction Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of STX Corporation, a South Korea-based shipbuilder. Under this agreement, Mitsubishi licensed to STX Corporation its marketing and production of marine deck cranes in China, Europe, and Korea regions, in order to strengthen its position in the global marine desk cranes market.
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
Established in 1950, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. is presently based in Tokyo, Japan, and is a part of the Mitsubishi Group. It is a leading global company that develops, manufactures, and sells heavy machinery and electrical component across the globe. Moreover, the company’s products include ships and space launch vehicles, aerospace components, aircraft, air conditioners, forklift trucks, automotive components, hydraulic equipment, missiles, machine tools, power generation equipment, and printing machines.
North Pacific Crane Company
Founded in 1978, North Pacific Crane Company was previously known as Alaska Marine Crane. The company manufacturers and designs high-quality offshore, marine, and deck cranes. Till date, the company has manufactured almost 2,000 deck cranes and supplied all over the world. Furthermore, the company specializes in knuckle boom, telescopic boom, fixed boom, and knuckle-telescopic cranes with lifting capacities ranging from 2 to 125 tons that are utilized in marine and offshore industries.
The global marine deck crane market is highly concentrated with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25% to 30% share of the market in 2018. Key players operating in the global marine deck crane market include
- M-W Marine, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Effer, Cargotec Oyj
- EK Marine Ltd.
- North Pacific Crane Co Llc
- The Liebherr Group
- The Company Palfinger AG
- Hawboldt Industries Ltd.
- Appleton Marine Inc.
- Seatrax, Inc.
- DMW Marine Group
Marine Deck Cranes Market – Dynamics
Key driver of marine deck crane market
Rising demand for marine deck cranes due to upsurge the income and trade across the world
- Companies manufacturing marine deck cranes are increasingly investing in research and development activities to develop new and innovative techniques to manufacture deck cranes owing to the increase in income and trade across the world. This, in turn, is a major factor driving the marine deck crane market.
- Manufacturers also emphasize on offering highly-efficient marine deck cranes due to rising globalization and commercialization across the world.
- Furthermore, increase in demand for consumer commodities and goods, due to expansion of trade with advent of multinational and multilateral agreements among the countries is also expected to boost the marine deck crane market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Marine Deck Cranes Market”
Marine Deck Cranes Market: Regional analysis
- Asia Pacific (APAC) is projected to lead the global marine deck crane market, due to prominent transportation and shipbuilding industries, primarily in China, South Korea, and India, in the region.
- Moreover, rapid urbanization and rise in population in Asia Pacific have fueled seaborne traffic, which drives the demand for marine deck cranes in the region
- Furthermore, Latin America is gaining significant traction in the global marine deck crane market, due to increase in demand for offshore cranes, which in turn is likely to propel the global marine deck crane market.
Marine Deck Cranes Market – Segmentation
The global marine deck cranes market can be segmented based on:
- Type of Cranes
- Lifting Capacity
Marine Deck Cranes Market, by Types of cranes
Based on type of crane, the global marine deck cranes market can be divided into:
- Mobile Cranes
- Telescopic Crane
- Tower Crane
- Truck Mounted Crane (boom truck or picker truck)
- Rough Terrain Crane
- Loader Crane (folding boom crane)
- Overhead Crane
Marine Deck Cranes Market, by Application
In terms of application, the global marine deck cranes market can be divided into:
- Oil & Gas Platforms
- Research & Fishing Vessels
- Government & Military
Marine Deck Cranes Market, by Lifting Capacity
Based on lifting capacity, the global marine deck cranes market can be classified into:
- 2 tons–500 tons
- 501 tons–15,000 tons
- 15,001 tons–30,000 tons
Marine Deck Cranes Market, by types
Based on types, the global marine deck cranes market can be bifurcated into:
- Electric Marine Cranes
- Hydraulic Marine Cranes
Marine Deck Cranes Market, by End-use
In terms of end-use, the global marine deck cranes market can be segregated into:
Marine Deck Cranes Market, by Region
Regional analysis of the global marine deck cranes market includes:
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of product development, financial analysis, product market sizing, competition landscape, product benchmarking, market trends, and strategic analysis to estimate the potential opportunities for and impact forces of the global marine deck cranes market. The report also includes a study and qualitative and quantitative research of major developments in the market such as mergers and acquisitions, product launches, agreements, and collaborations to recognize the prevailing market dynamics and their estimated impact during the forecast period.
- Shipboard cranes
- Cargo handling gears
- Ship cranes
- Shuttle lift Carry deck Crane
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.