Macrosynthetic Fiber: Introduction
- Macrosynthetic fiber, also known as structural synthetic fibers, are generally made from polymers such as polypropylene. It is extensively employed as an alternative to steel fibers reinforcements in concrete. Macrosynthetic fiber possess a high tensile strength of 600 MPa and a relatively high modulus of elasticity (say 10 GPa) same as steel fibers. However, steel fibers are considerably expensive and difficult to handle.
- Macrosynthetic fibers are typically 38 – 50 mm in length with dosage rates varying from 1.8 – 9.0 kg/m3, depending on the product and application. Macrosynthetic fibers not only provide resistance to plastic shrinkage but also provide toughness, impact, and fatigue-resistance to concrete.
- Macrosynthetic fibers, as concrete reinforcement, are a cost-effective solution in comparison to steel fibers. They are also lighter in weight and a non-corrosive substitute to steel fibers.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Macrosynthetic Fiber Market
Key Drivers of Macrosynthetic Fiber Market
- Housing demand has been increasing year-on-year in India and China owing to a rise in population in these countries. Several countries such as China, India, Bahrain, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and Vietnam have launched government schemes to provide homes for their lower income citizens. In 2015, the Government of India launched its affordable housing scheme called “Housing for All by 2022” with an overall objective of providing housing for slum dwellers with participation of private developers using land as a resource, and promoting affordable housing for weaker sections through credit-linked subsidy. Moreover, the scheme is focusing on partnership with public & private sector for affordable housing, and providing subsidy for house construction or enhancement. Additionally, on March 2020, the Government of Bahrain announced a plan to build 1705 residential units, comprising 1402 flats, under the Salman City Social Housing Project. Furthermore, the Bahrain Housing Ministry has issued a tender of 132 residential homes on government land in Al-Lawzi. According to the statement made by Bahrain Housing Minister Al-Hamar, "This project will come up as a pilot project and if the project goes successful, similar type of tenders of additional 15,000 residential homes will be issued across the other governorates over the next 10 years". These strategic initiatives by the government to build high quality homes for its poorer section in the near future are likely to boost the demand for macrosynthetic fiber globally.
- Several oil-rich countries such as Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, Iran, and the UAE are depend heavily on exports of its crude oil. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted the demand for crude oil, which led to a huge decline in prices of crude oil. The Government of Saudi Arabia launched 'Saudi Vision 2030' in order to counter the country’s slowing economy growth due to its dependence on exports of crude oil, wherein Saudi Arabia has planned to diversify its economy and reduce its dependence on oil. As per 'Saudi Vision 2030,' the government would be focusing on development of sectors such as infrastructure, tourism, health, and education. This scheme would augment the demand for macrosynthetic fiber and boost the construction industry in the country in the near future.
- In 2019, National Development and Reform Commission of the People's Republic of China approved 26 infrastructure projects with total expected investment of US$ 142 Bn. The Government of China plans to diversify its economy in order to counter the country’s slowing economy growth due to its dependence on exports and the manufacturing sector, by building infrastructure projects in all provinces of the country. Moreover, an investment of US$ 142 Bn was made by National Development and Reform Commission on the infrastructure development projects. Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform also announced upcoming infrastructure projects worth US$ 36 Bn. This rise in construction activities in China is boosting the construction industry, thereby boosting the demand for macrosynthetic fiber as construction material.
- Low prices of macrosynthetic fiber, as compared to its alternatives such as steel fibers, are driving the demand for this product as concrete reinforcement. It helps to improve crack control, while reducing the amount of steel required. Economic advantages are achieved by the high durability of the polymer fiber, savings in materials, and weight reduction (saving in transport).
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Covid-19 Impact on Macrosynthetic Fiber Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a severe impact on end-use industries of macrosynthetic fiber. The construction industry of China witnessed a contraction of 28.1% in the first quarter of the current fiscal year, due to the lockdown triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic. Several Infrastructure projects such as Chongqing-Kunming high-speed railway and Xianyang International Airport expansion plan have been delayed due to COVID-19.
- However, governments of several countries have started to ease restriction on construction activities, which is estimated to revive the demand for macrosynthetic fiber to the pre-COVID level in the construction industry.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global macrosynthetic fiber market include:
- GCP Applied Technologies
- BASF SE
- ABC Polymer Industries, LLC
- Kordsa Teknik Tekstil A.?.
- FORTA Corporation
- The Euclid Chemical Company
- Sika AG
- BarChip Pty Ltd
Global Macrosynthetic Fiber Market: Research Scope
Global Macrosynthetic Fiber Market, by Application
- Concrete pavement
- Indoor floors
Global Macrosynthetic Fiber Market, by Product Type
- Fibrillated Type
- Monofilament Type
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.