Linear Voltage Regulators: Introduction
- In electronics, a linear voltage regulator is a system used to maintain voltage stable. In any system, resistance of the regulator varies depending on load applied to the system in order to attain constant voltage output.
- In low-power electronic circuits, the number of integrated circuits has increased in almost every electronic product. This has risen the demand of linear voltage regulators for use to maintain voltage in a system stable.
- Use of linear voltage regulators offers multiple advantages such as protection from short-circuit current, high temperature, and reverse polarity. Also, it consumes less current.
- Additionally, linear voltage regulators are easy to operate; are available at an affordable price; and they have simple architecture
- Linear voltage regulators are classified into two types: low drop-out and standard
- Linear voltage regulators are employed in various end-use sectors such as commercial, residential, industrial, automotive, and electrical & electronics
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rise in Demand for Linear Voltage Regulators in Electrical & Electronics (E&E) Industry
- Linear voltage regulators are largely used in the electrical & electronics (E&E) industry, as they require stable and ripple-free power supply. Additionally, linear voltage regulators are capable to convert higher-input voltage to lower-output voltage.
- Moreover, the linear voltage regulator has extremely low output ripple and spectral noise, as it does not have any switching element. Due to this, linear voltage regulators are largely used in wired as well as wireless communication systems.
- Furthermore, linear voltage regulators are used in power distribution systems to decrease the possibility of short-circuit current by providing stable output voltage, irrespective of change in the load applied to the system. As a result of these advantages, the demand for linear voltage regulators for use in electrical & electronics industry is increasing. This is expected to drive the global linear voltage regulator market during the forecast period.
Automotive Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on end-use industry, the global linear voltage regulator market can be segmented into commercial, residential, industrial, automotive, and electrical & electronics
- The automotive industry has emerged as an attractive sector for investments for organizations across the globe. In automobiles, use of linear voltage regulators is helpful in harsh environments, as several manufacturers of linear voltage regulators are focusing on providing the product with features such as watchdog, reset, and early warning
- Additionally, use of linear voltage regulators in automobiles is beneficial, as they generate stable output voltage for all automotive applications
- Thus, increase in use of linear voltage regulators in the automotive sector is expected to offer lucrative opportunities to the global linear voltage regulator market during the forecast period
- However, linear voltage regulators offer lower efficiency than switching voltage regulators. This is expected to restrain the global market for linear voltage regulators during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Linear Voltage Regulator Market, ask for a customized report
Europe to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global linear voltage regulator market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is anticipated to dominate the global linear voltage regulator market throughout the forecast period, as several manufacturers of linear voltage regulators operate in Europe and they are continually investing in the field of voltage regulators
- The linear voltage regulator market in North America and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. However, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global linear voltage regulator market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for linear voltage regulators. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global linear voltage regulator market are:
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Linear Technology Corporation
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- On Semiconductor
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- ROHM Semiconductor
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
Global Linear Voltage Regulator Market: Research Scope
Global Linear Voltage Regulator Market, by Type
- Low Drop-out
Global Linear Voltage Regulator Market, by End-use Industry
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Linear Voltage Regulator Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.