Chromium Nitride Powder: Introduction
- Composite parts are formed in molds. These are also known as tools. Tools can be made from virtually any material. The material type, shape, and complexity depend upon the part and length of production run. Invar tools are the most durable of metal tools. Invar molds are durable tool materials that are produced from high performance steel-and-nickel alloys.
Key Drivers of Global Invar Tooling in Composites Market
- Rise in usage of composite materials in various end-use industries, such as automotive and aerospace, is a key factor driving the demand for invar tooling. This, in turn, is boosting the market.
- Invar offers a coefficient of thermal expansion very near to that of carbon fiber composites. Therefore, it has been the persistent choice for parts that need to be manufactured for extremely tight tolerance.
Aerospace End-use Industry Segment to Dominate the Global Market
- In terms of volume, the aerospace segment is expected to dominate the invar tooling in composites market during the forecast period. Increase in investments in the aviation industry, primarily in developing and emerging economies, is a key factor driving the demand for invar tooling as an anti-corrosion coating.
- Invar tooling can withstand thousands of autoclave cure cycles. This is driving its application in the aerospace industry.
High Cost of Invar Tooling to Hamper Global Market
- Invar is an expensive tooling material. It can be difficult to handle when used in large quantities. Furthermore, availability of various lower cost composite materials for usage in aerospace and automotive applications is expected to hamper the market in the near future.
Covid-19 Impact on Invar Tooling in Composites Market
- The prevailing COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected various industries including automotive, aerospace, and electronics. The path to recovery of for these industries is highly dependent on the duration of restrictions imposed and their influence on economic activity across the globe. However, ease of restrictions and steady resumption of services and production facilities of various aerospace, automotive, and metalworking sectors are expected to fuel the demand for invar tooling in these sectors.
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Invar Tooling in Composites Market
- In terms of region, the global invar tooling in composites market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to remain the major region of the global market due to growth in end-use industries and wider acceptance of invar tooling in product manufacturing and mass customization
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected expand significantly during the forecast period owing to rise in demand for aircraft and presence of well-established automotive and metalworking industries in the region. China, India, Japan, ASEAN countries, and Australia are estimated to contribute significantly to the expansion of the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Market
The global invar tooling in composites market is consolidated with the presence of several large players. Key players operating in the global invar tooling in composites market include:
- Ascent Aerospace
- Janicki Industries, Inc.
- KTL Tooling
- Aperam S.A.
- Carpenter Technology Corporation
Global Invar Tooling in Composites Market: Research Scope
Global Invar Tooling in Composites Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Goods
Global Invar Tooling in Composites Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!