Insulation Adhesive Tape Market: Introduction
- Insulating tape is a safety tape used to cover and insulate wires, cables, and other materials that conduct electricity. It consists of a backing material, which is relatively thin and coated with adhesives. Backing material can be made of plastics, rubber, silicone, PVC, polyamide, and fiberglass cloth. Vinyl tape is more popular for industrial uses, as it provides efficient and enduring insulation. It is available in various colors; however, black is the commonly preferred color.
- Insulation tapes is available in various sizes and grades for different industrial applications
- Electrical tapes are made of insulating material, which is used cover wire joints or cuts
Key Drivers of Insulation Adhesive Tape Market
- According to the UN Sustainable Clean Energy Report, demand for electricity rose by 5% in 2018 compared to that in 2017 in developing countries such as India, Bangladesh, and Nepal; and various African countries. The power sector accounts for major share of the demand for electricity. The Government of India has launched a rural electrification scheme “Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana” and invested US$ 11 Bn to achieve the goal. Thus, strategies implemented to develop the power infrastructure is expected to boost the demand for wires and cables, thereby driving the electrical insulation adhesive tape market.
- Under the Paris Agreement, majority of developed and developing countries have joined hands to reduce carbon emission and keep the increase in average global temperature to below 2°C. These countries are transforming and shifting toward electric vehicles and producing renewable energy. In line with this target, the Indian railways is likely to be fully electrified by 2023. France is anticipated to ban the sales of petrol and diesel vehicles by 2030. Demand for charging stations has surged by 44% in 2018 compared to that in 2017. These moves by countries such as India and France are collectively propelling the demand for electric battery charging stations, thereby augmenting the sales of electrical insulation adhesive tape market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Restraints of Insulation Adhesive Tape Market
- Various substitutes for electrical and thermal insulation, namely wire nuts and heat-shrink tubing, are available in the market
- Wire nuts are used to connect two or more wires together. These are available at a competitive price in comparison to insulating adhesive tapes.
Insulation Adhesive Tape: Application Segment
- Polyester insulation adhesives tapes are commonly used in the electrical & electronics industry due to their high dielectric strength, excellent electrical properties, and good chemical as well as solvent resistance. Insulation of wiring & cores, LT/HT installations of transformers, panel installation, and wiring are some of the applications of insulation adhesives tapes in the electrical Industry.
- Production of electric vehicles rose by 68% in 2018 compared to that in 2017. Electric car battery generates heat and voltage. A special acrylic film insulating adhesives tape has been designed by TESA, a leading U.S.-based manufacturer of insulation adhesives tapes, in order to safeguard users from excessive power surges. This tape is predicted to become one of the key components of the automobile industry in the near future.
- In the telecom Industry, rubber insulation tapes play an important role in lose attenuation for wave transmission antennas. These tapes are made up of rubber combined with some additives to increase elasticity. These tapes do not contain any harmful substance that can affect the environment or human health.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers in Insulation Adhesive Tape Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global insulation adhesive tape market include:
- Nitto Denko Corporation
- Pidilite Industries Ltd.
- Achem Technology Corporation
- tesa SE
- H.Dottie Company
- Plymouth Rubber Company Inc.
- Scapa Group plc
- Denka Company Limited
- Saint Gobain
- Garco Manufacturing Company Inc.
- Nichiban Company Ltd.
Global Insulation Adhesive Tape Market: Research Scope
Global Insulation Adhesive Tape Market, by Type
- PVC Insulating Adhesive Tape
- PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) Insulating Adhesive Tape
- Glass & Fiberglass Cloth Insulating Adhesive Tape
- Polyamide Insulating Adhesive Tape
- Rubber Insulating Adhesive Tape
Global Insulation Adhesive Tape Market, by Application
- Electrical & Electronics
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.