Hybrid Electric Gas Turbine Market: Introduction
- A gas turbine is an engine that is employed to transform liquid fuels or natural gas into mechanical energy. This mechanical energy then drives a generator and thus, it produces electric energy. A gas turbine, also known as a combustion turbine, is the key component of a power plant. Gas turbines are employed to produce electricity.
- A hybrid electric gas turbine makes use of a battery energy storage system, hybrid controls, and a turbine, which provides operating reserves without burning fuel, resulting in the reduction of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- In case of hybrid electric gas turbines, the gas turbine is hybridized by using an electric gas turbine (EGT) modification kit
- The hybrid electric gas turbine technology is an optimal method to reliably integrate renewable energy in an electricity grid. This would enable significant reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and would also provide avenues for further adoption of the technology in cold environments.
Key Drivers of Global Hybrid Electric Gas Turbine Market
- Significant reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions is anticipated to boost the global hybrid electric gas turbine market during the forecast period. Hybrid electric gas turbines release lower amount of emissions as compared to other combustion-based power generation applications. Increasing government regulations and implementation of numerous initiatives to address the issue of climate change by reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are expected to drive the global hybrid electric gas turbine market in the next few years.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
- On February 26, 2020, GENERAL ELECTRIC successfully completed the first, battery-energy-storage-assisted black start of a GE 7F.03 gas turbine at the 150-MW simple cycle unit at Entergy Louisiana’s Perryville Power Station. This was the first time that the company achieved black start of a heavy-duty gas turbine by using energy storage.
Europe to Hold a Major Share of Global Hybrid Electric Gas Turbine Market
- Based on region, the global hybrid electric gas turbine market can be segmented into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe dominated the global hybrid electric gas turbine market in 2018. Government regulations in the region have led strict emission norms. The region is highly focusing on renewable sources of energy.
- North America held a considerable share of the global hybrid electric gas turbine market in 2018. In the U.S., oil and gas exploration activities are carried out on a large scale, which is anticipated to boost the demand for hybrid electric gas turbines in the region from 2019 to 2027.
- Middle East & Africa and Asia Pacific are likely to be highly attractive regions of the global hybrid electric gas turbine market from 2019 to 2027. Increasing demand for renewable energy sources to reduce the level of carbon emissions, especially in the oil & gas sector, is anticipated to boost the demand for hybrid electric gas turbines in these regions in the near future.
- Latin America is estimated to hold a low share of the global market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Hybrid Electric Gas Turbine Market:
General Electric is a leading player operating in the global hybrid electric gas turbine market
Global Hybrid Electric Gas Turbine Market: Research Scope
Global Hybrid Electric Gas Turbine Market, by Application
- Power Generation
- Oil & Gas
Global Hybrid Electric Gas Turbine Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.