Honeycomb Fillers Market: Overview
- Honeycomb fillers are energy absorbing materials with structures akin to honeycombs. They are used to replace base metals such as aluminum and steel. Thus, honeycomb fillers ultimately help lower the overall weight and material costs. Different types of structures of honeycomb fillers are available in the market. However, common features of all structures is an arrangement of hollow cells formed between thin vertical walls. These cells are usually hexagonal in shape. As the name implies, honeycomb fillers resemble beehives.
- Honeycomb fillers are manufactured using different materials such as aluminum, aramid, thermoplastics, stainless steel, porcelain, and stone depending upon the application. Honeycomb fillers are primarily used in industries such as aerospace, automotive, transportation, and construction owing to their unique characteristics such as high strength.
Manufacturing Process of Honeycomb Fillers
- A roll of aluminum foil is used as a raw material in order to manufacture honeycomb fillers. Then, adhesives are printed on aluminum foils by using a printer. The foils are then cut into sheets and stacked into piles with the help of stacking machine. These stacked sheets are pressed by heated press that allows adhesives to bond to the sheets of aluminum foil to produce honeycomb blocks. These honeycomb blocks are then cut into slices. The thickness of the slices can be customized by manufacturers of honeycomb fillers. Finally, honeycomb fillers are expanded to conclude the manufacturing process.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Honeycomb Fillers Market
- According to the Paris Agreement, majority of developed and developing countries have joined hands to reduce carbon emission and keep the increase in average global temperature to below 2°C. These countries are shifting toward electric vehicles and producing renewable energy. France is anticipated to ban the sale of petrol and diesel vehicles by 2030. Demand for charging stations increased by 44% in 2018 compared to that in 2017. These moves are collectively propelling the demand for electric vehicles, thereby augmenting the sale of honeycomb fillers in automotive applications.
- Honeycomb fillers are environmentally-friendly and non-toxic alternatives of wood in the furniture industry. Honeycomb fillers also provide packaging solutions during transportation.
- The logistics industry in China, Vietnam, India, and Bangladesh in Asia Pacific has been expanding since the last few years. Manufacturers of fragile products such as chemical and glass are concerned about the safety of their assets during shipments. Packaging solutions such as honeycomb fillers are used effectively to safeguard their products from breakage.
Key Restraints of Honeycomb Fillers Market
- Metal foams such as aluminum, copper, nickel, and alloy foam are used as energy absorbers in automotive applications. Metal foams provide higher strength than honeycomb fillers; however, metal foams are quite expensive compared to honeycomb fillers.
Honeycomb Fillers: End-use Segment
- Honeycomb fillers are primarily used in aerospace materials. Aerospace materials should be light in weight in order to allow for optimal aerodynamics. Materials used in aerospace applications need to be strong enough to ensure the safety of pilots and passengers and withstand any physical forces and temperature changes at both high-speed and high-altitude flight. Honeycomb filler is used as sandwich-structure composites, where it is sandwiched between two thin panels of carbon material. This form combines both high strength and lightweight features of honeycomb. The panels also help eliminate unwanted airflow and openings.
- Honeycomb fillers are used in various automotive applications. For instance, they are employed in in cars, military vehicles, buses, commercial vehicles, and motorsports including Formula 1 and touring cars. Honeycomb fillers are applied to interior and exterior of vehicles such as chassis components, wings, and diffusers where these function as energy absorbers. Led by lightweight and high strength capabilities, honeycomb fillers help reduce fuel consumption and overall vehicle weight. This enhances the performance of the vehicle.
- Honeycomb panels are used in the packaging industry primarily to safeguard consumer products such as LCD screens and industrial products such as automotive parts. Honeycomb fillers are also used as energy absorbers.
- Honeycomb fillers are also used in tabletops and cabinets in the furniture industry
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global honeycomb fillers market include:
- Hexcel Corporation
- Plascore Inc.
- Gill Corporation
- EconCore N.V.
- Pacific Panels Inc.
- TRB Lightweight Structures Ltd
- Samia Canada Inc.
- Coretex Group
- FORM s.r.o.
Global Honeycomb Fillers Market: Research Scope
Global Honeycomb Fillers Market, by Product
- Others (Stainless Steel, Porcelain, Stone & Marble, etc.)
Global Honeycomb Fillers Market, by End-use
- Aerospace & Defense
- Transportation (Logistics)
- Others (Packaging, etc.)
Global Honeycomb Fillers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.