High-speed Interconnects Market: Introduction
- High-speed interconnects deal with data, high performance computer connectivity, as well as storage information, by combining the adapter, cabling media, and transceiver as one assembly. High-speed interconnects have attributes such as low cost, small cable bend radius, short distance, low power consumption, and high density.
- High-speed interconnect assemblies are used for straight affix point-point applications in a data center. For enterprises and data centers, demand for secure and fast data transmission is driving the need for high-speed interconnects. Traffic between data centers is increasing across public and private networks with the rising development of cloud computing, data centers, and the growing number of mobile internet connections. Cloud-based service vendors are seeking more data efficiency solutions that allow them to remain competitive by enhancing bandwidth, lowering power requirement, and reducing operating costs. This factor is boosting the demand for high-speed interconnects.
- COVID-19 has impacted various industries and sectors. Supply chains have been disrupted with the industrial units operating at least capabilities with scarcity of raw materials, all due to the pandemic. All business data usage and personal communications have been driven online that focuses on data centers driving the high speed data. Data centers are the pillars supporting collaborative software for business, internet traffic, and maintain data security. The work from home trend has led to demand for high bandwidth consumption for sharing and transferring data, which in turn increases the demand for high-speed interconnects.
Global High-speed Interconnects Market: Dynamics
Global High-speed Interconnects Market: Key Drivers
- Increasing demand for connecting devices in a range of business applications is accomplished by the support of high-speed interconnects technologies such as active optical cable. High-speed interconnect active optical cables are broadly used in high productivity computing systems. The active optimal cable assists various protocols such as InfiniBand, Ethernet, and USB for data transformation. Increasing demand for active optical cable owing to its numerous benefits such as lower power consumption, light weight, and small bend range for easy installment, is driving the demand for high-speed interconnects products.
- Rapid growth of mobile and cloud computing has fueled access to vast and changing amounts of data stored across private and public networks. For network equipment operators and data centers, the demand for data is driving the need for high-speed interconnects across facilities and are now facing the growing pressure to deliver the cost-effective service in a growing competitive marketplace. The collaboration of a design engineering approach and high-speed interconnects products allows data center architects and network equipment makers with an advantage to meet the growing demand for data access and data storage in a changing industry.
North America to Account for Major Share of the High-speed Interconnects Market
- In terms of region, the global high-speed interconnects market is divided into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is projected to be the major regional market for high-speed interconnects due to the powerful presence of data centers in the U.S. demanding high-speed interconnects.
- The increasing adoption of new technologies and demand for higher bandwidth in Asia Pacific is anticipated to create significant opportunities in high-speed interconnects market during the forecast period.
Global High-speed Interconnects Market: Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the High-speed Interconnects Market
Key Players of the High-speed Interconnects Market Include:
- Broadcom Corporation
- CBO GmbH
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- FS.COM Ltd.
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Intel, Inc.
- Leoni AG
- Molex Incorporated
- NVIDIA Corporation
- The Siemon Company
In March 2021, Cisco Systems, Inc., completed the acquisition of Acacia Communications, Inc., an optical networking telecommunication technology company. Acacia Communications, Inc., manufactures, designs, and sells a broad portfolio of high-speed interconnects technologies addressing a range of applications across regional, metro, undersea networks, and data centers.
In March 2019, NVIDIA Corporation, an American multinational technology company acquired Mellanox Technologies, Ltd., a supplier of computer networking products based on Ethernet and InfiniBand technology to optimize data center-scale workloads across networking and computing storage, to achieve high-speed interconnects, greater utilization, and reduce operating cost for customers.
Global High-speed Interconnects Market Dynamics: Research Scope
Global High-speed Interconnects Market, by Type
- Direct Attach Cables
- Active Optical Cable
Global High-speed Interconnects Market, by Application
- Data Centers
- Consumer Electronics
- Networking and Computing
Global High-speed Interconnects Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.