Halogenated Solvents Market: Overview
- Halogenated solvents are a large class of substances defined as aliphatic compounds containing at least one halogen atom. Halogenated solvents is a chemical compound or mixture that includes halogen atoms such as fluorine, chlorine, bromine, or iodine. Halogenated solvents are used in apparel and footwear production.
- Decomposition of halogenated solvents involves three types of processes: oxidation, hydrolysis, and pyrolysis. Halogenated organic solvents can have detrimental effects on the environment and human health.
- Chlorinated solvents are mostly used in dry cleaning, metal cleaning, degreasing, automotive aerosols, printing, paper and textile industries, paint removal, furniture industry, and others.
- Fluorocarbon solvents are widely used as refrigerants. Brominated solvents are used as additives in leaded gasoline, soil sterilants, and for the manufacture of pesticides and fumigants. Iodinated solvents are used as intermediates for numerous chemicals, dyes, fumigants, X-ray contrast media, antiseptics, insecticides, quaternary ammonium compounds, flavors and fragrances, and pharmaceuticals. They are also used in microscopy and testing for pyridine.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Halogenated Solvents Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Halogenated Solvents Market
- Halogenated solvents are gaining popularity due to their irreplaceability and cost-efficiency. Increase in construction and manufacturing activities in developing economies such as China and India is expected to drive the halogenated solvents market during the forecast period.
- Growth in automotive OEM, machinery, and appliances industries and rise in building & construction activities are projected to drive the demand for global halogenated solvents
- Coatings and paints are widely used in the construction and manufacturing industries. This is expected to drive the demand for halogenated solvents in the end-use industry.
- Technological shift from analogue printing to higher value digital printing processes, a wider use of higher value inks in analogue processes is likely to propel the halogenated solvents market
- Improvement in economic conditions, rise in rate of urbanization, and increase in the level of education levels are boosting the printing ink industry. Thus, rise in demand for printing inks is anticipated to boost the halogenated solvents market.
High Cost of Technology Likely to Hamper Market
- Long term exposure to several halogenated solvents may give rise to the development of particular cancers. Halogenated solvents may cause critical damage to human health, especially via acute inhalation of high dosages. Halogenated solvents can be toxic to aquatic organisms. They may have a long-term adverse impact on the aquatic environment.
- Halogenated solvents possess a pungent odor that is known to be harmful for the workers. Halogenated solvents dissolve in small quantities of water, but the presence of water may be issue for producers and consumers of halogenated solvents
- Increase in environmental issues and volatile nature of prices of key raw materials are expected to remain key challenges for the halogenated solvents market
- Legislation around the world, including in the European Union, restricts the use of certain halogenated solvents. Therefore, leading apparel and footwear brands have banned the use of various halogenated solvents in the production of their products.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Large Share of Global Halogenated Solvents Market
- In terms of demand, North America dominated the global market in 2018. The market in North America is estimated to expand significantly during the forecast period due to rapid industrialization and advancements.
- Growth in industries in emerging economies, such China and India, owing to rising per capita disposable incomes, rapid urbanization, and growing demand for automobiles is projected to fuel the growth of the halogenated solvents market. High growth in pharmaceuticals, paints & coatings, and cosmetics industries is expected to drive the demand for halogenated solvents in Asia Pacific
- Expansion in end-use industries such as paints and coating and adhesives in countries such as China, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and South Korea is anticipated to boost the demand for halogenated solvents in the region during the forecast period
- Global demand for halogenated solvents has been continuously rising owing to the robust growth in the construction sector, particularly in emerging countries of Asia Pacific and Latin America
- Rapid expansion of the printing ink industry in countries such as India accompanied by strong demand from key end-user segments such as package printing, newsprint, publishing, and other commercial printing is driving the demand for printing inks, which in turn, is boosting the demand for halogenated solvents
- Increase in investments by major printing ink manufacturers in the Middle East is projected to drive the printing ink market during the forecast period. This, in turn, is propelling the halogenated solvents market in the region.
- The market in Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Increase in industrialization and rise in demand for solvents in end-use industries can be ascribed to the growth in demand for halogenated solvents in the region
- Presence of vast reserves of crude oil Middle East & Africa is driving the demand for solvents. In addition, the availability of cheaper raw materials in the region is expected to drive the halogenated solvents market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Halogenated Solvents Market here
Key Players Operating in Halogenated Solvents Market
The halogenated solvents market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 45% to 50% share of the global market. Key players operating in the halogenated solvents market include
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- Chalmette Refining
- Honeywell International Inc
- Huntsman International LLC.
- BASF SE
Global Halogenated Solvents Market: Research Scope
Global Halogenated Solvents Market, by Product
- Methylene Chloride
Global Halogenated Solvents Market, by End-use Industry
- Paint & Coatings
- Printing Inks
- Cosmetics & Toiletries
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.