Glucosamine Hydrochloride: Introduction
- Glucosamine hydrochloride is one of the forms of glucosamine. Glucosamine hydrochloride is an amino sugar and synthetically produced mono-saccharide through the fermentation process of grains such as wheat and corn or hydrolysis of shellfish exoskeleton. Glucosamine hydrochloride is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, glaucoma, joint pain, a jaw disorder called temporomandibular disorder (TMD), and many other conditions.
Key Drivers of Global Glucosamine Hydrochloride Market
- The glucosamine hydrochloride market is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Increase in number of arthritis cases across the globe and rise in obese population are anticipated to boost the demand for glucosamine hydrochloride during the forecast period.
- Glucosamine hydrochloride is primarily used in the production of dietary supplements. The shift toward a sedentary working lifestyle across the global population is expected to propel the demand for various dietary supplements. This, in turn, is anticipated to boost the glucosamine hydrochloride market during the forecast period.
- Rise in focus on the production of vegetarian glucosamine, as it is considered safe for usage in food & beverages, is estimated to boost the market during the next few years. Glucosamine hydrochloride is also used in the manufacture therapeutic products in Australia.
Nutritional Supplements Application Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on application, the nutritional supplements segment accounted for major share of the global glucosamine hydrochloride market in 2020, owing to its use in the maintenance of joint and bone health
- Glucosamine hydrochloride is primarily manufactured from shellfish. However, increase in instances of allergy and rise in number of vegans, particularly in the U.S., have compelled manufacturers to develop glucosamine hydrochloride from fungi and other plant sources.
- Food & beverages is a comparatively new application of the glucosamine hydrochloride market along with dairy products. Hence, the segment is expected to witness moderate penetration during the forecast period.
Availability of Substitutes to Hamper Global Market
- Omega 3 fatty acids, collagen, and fish oils; and herbal ingredients such as turmeric and Indian gooseberry are potential substitutes. Thus, availability of substitutes is estimated to hamper the market during the forecast period.
- Enactment of stringent regulations by various organizations, including the U.S. FDA, regarding the use of glucosamine hydrochloride in food & beverages and for medical purposes is projected to negatively impact the market in the near future
Covid-19 Impact on Glucosamine Hydrochloride Market
- Demand for nutraceuticals and functional foods is expected to rise in the near future owing to rise in consumers opting for immunity boosting supplements during the COVID-19 pandemic. Decline in consumption of poultry, meat, and seafood products across the globe is also expected to drive the demand for plant and animal-based protein supplements in the near future. This is anticipated to propel the global glucosamine hydrochloride market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Glucosamine Hydrochloride Market
- In terms of region, the global glucosamine hydrochloride market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market for glucosamine hydrochloride in 2020. The market in the region is estimated to expand significantly during the forecast period, largely driven by increase in demand for nutritional supplements.
- The U.S. was the major country of the glucosamine hydrochloride in North America in 2020. Glucosamine hydrochloride is being used as an unregulated dietary supplement in the country since the past few years. Growth in consumption of dietary supplements owing to the rise in prevalence of arthritis among consumers; and rise in geriatric population are expected to fuel the market during the forecast period.
- In Europe, approval of glucosamine hydrochloride as a food ingredient as well as a prescription drug is estimated to propel its demand during the forecast period. Glucosamine hydrochloride is widely accepted for the treatment of osteoarthritis in Europe. This is anticipated to positively impact the market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Market
The glucosamine hydrochloride market is fragmented with numerous small-scale manufacturers and distributors catering to various domestic markets. Various market players are striving to develop glucosamine based on consumer preference. This is expected to propel the market in the near future. Key players operating in the global glucosamine hydrochloride market include:
- KOYO Chemical
- TSI Inc.
- Anderson Global Group
- Bayir Chemicals
- Panvo Organics
- Golden-Shell Pharmaceutical
- Wellable Marine Biotech
Global Glucosamine Hydrochloride Market: Research Scope
Global Glucosamine Hydrochloride Market, by Material
- Shellfish Glucosamine Hydrochloride
- Vegetarian Glucosamine Hydrochloride
Global Glucosamine Hydrochloride Market, by Application
- Nutritional Supplements
- Food & Beverages
- Dairy Products
Global Glucosamine Hydrochloride Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.