Glass Bead Fillers: Introduction
- Glass bead filler materials are particles added to resins or binders that can improve specific properties and make products cheaper. Most glass fillers are short strands of glass fibers; however, increasing numbers of long strand grades are also available. Long strand versions can provide greater strength than the more traditional short strand varieties. The design has a key impact on the final strength, as orientation of the fibers is affected by the flow of the material. The injection molding process may or may not break some of the fibers, particularly in the case of long strands.
- A coupling agent can be used to improve adhesion between the fibers and the polymer. This results in a more even distribution of the fibers. As a result, coupled materials, as opposed to fillers, often demonstrate higher impact strength properties. Nylons filled with glass beads are also available in the market. These types of glass beads improve compressive strength, heat deflection temperature, tensile strength, and modulus (stiffness) when compared to unfilled grades. Furthermore, they are easier to process, and have uniform and predictable shrinkage and minimum warpage compared to glass fibers.
- Filler glass beads are used as reinforcement fillers for plastics and resins. Beads are being used as reinforcement fillers in the plastic industry. Size of the glass beads being used for reinforcement filler purpose is 710 microns and below. Depending upon the job, bigger size is also being used. Beads are silicon coated to provide better bond between glass beads and plastics.
- Reinforcements with glass beads offer benefits such as tensile strength, lower elongation, increase in flexural modulus, and triple the compressive strength of the finished product in some plastics
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Glass Bead Fillers Market
- Ultrafine glass beads fillers are extensively used in paints & coating applications, as its properties help improve scratch, abrasion resistance, washability, and enhance the surface aspect properties in topcoats and sealers. Paints and coatings are widely used in building & construction, automotive, and other sectors. Growth of these sectors is boosting the demand for paints and coatings. Thus, rapid increase in demand for glass beads fillers in the paints & coating sector is estimated to drive the global glass beads fillers market during the forecast period.
- Glass beads fillers are employed in road marking materials. They help guide road users in the dark by reflecting the lights of cars, motorcycles, and bicycles. Glass spheres (retro) reflect the headlights of the vehicle to the driver, acting akin to a mirror. This leads to safe driving practice. Increase in infrastructure development in terms of connectivity of roads is anticipated to boost the global glass bead fillers market in the near future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Glass Bead Fillers: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global glass bead fillers market can be segmented into paints & coatings, engineering plastics, road marking, dental fillings, surface finishing, and others
- The paints & coating segment is expected to hold significant share of the of the global glass bead fillers market during the forecast period. The engineering plastics segment is also estimated to expand at a healthy CAGR in the near future, owing to the technological advancements in the plastic sector.
Covid-19 Impact on Glass Bead Fillers Market
- COVID-19 is affecting the global economy in three major ways: hampering production and demand, creating supply chain and market disruption, and financial impact on firms and financial markets
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a swift and severe negative impact on the globally integrated industries such as construction and automotive. It has hampered the supply chain significantly. It is also expected to adversely affect manufacturing, distribution, and supply of glass bead fillers in the near future.
North America to Dominate Glass Bead Fillers Market
- In terms of region, the global glass bead fillers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to be a key region of the global glass bead fillers market. It is anticipated to be followed by Asia Pacific. Growth of the market in these regions can be ascribed to increase in construction activities, expansion in the automotive sector, and technological advancements.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Glass Bead Fillers Market
The global glass bead fillers market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating for glass bead fillers in the global market include:
- India Glass Beads
- Sigmund Lindner GmbH
- Bio Spec Products Inc.
- Langfang Tenroads Glass Products Co.,Ltd.
- Hebei Chiye glass beads Co. Ltd.
- Crystal Mark, Inc.
- Mo-Sci Corporation
Global Glass Bead Fillers Market: Research Scope
Global Glass Bead Fillers Market, by Grade
- Short Strands Grade
- Long Strand Grade
Global Glass Bead Fillers Market, by Application
- Paints & Coatings
- Engineering Plastics
- Dental fillings
- Road Marking
- Surface Finishing
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.