Glass Bead Fillers: Introduction
- Glass bead filler materials are particles added to resins or binders that can improve specific properties and make products cheaper. Most glass fillers are short strands of glass fibers; however, increasing numbers of long strand grades are also available. Long strand versions can provide greater strength than the more traditional short strand varieties. The design has a key impact on the final strength, as orientation of the fibers is affected by the flow of the material. The injection molding process may or may not break some of the fibers, particularly in the case of long strands.
- A coupling agent can be used to improve adhesion between the fibers and the polymer. This results in a more even distribution of the fibers. As a result, coupled materials, as opposed to fillers, often demonstrate higher impact strength properties. Nylons filled with glass beads are also available in the market. These types of glass beads improve compressive strength, heat deflection temperature, tensile strength, and modulus (stiffness) when compared to unfilled grades. Furthermore, they are easier to process, and have uniform and predictable shrinkage and minimum warpage compared to glass fibers.
- Filler glass beads are used as reinforcement fillers for plastics and resins. Beads are being used as reinforcement fillers in the plastic industry. Size of the glass beads being used for reinforcement filler purpose is 710 microns and below. Depending upon the job, bigger size is also being used. Beads are silicon coated to provide better bond between glass beads and plastics.
- Reinforcements with glass beads offer benefits such as tensile strength, lower elongation, increase in flexural modulus, and triple the compressive strength of the finished product in some plastics
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Glass Bead Fillers Market
- Ultrafine glass beads fillers are extensively used in paints & coating applications, as its properties help improve scratch, abrasion resistance, washability, and enhance the surface aspect properties in topcoats and sealers. Paints and coatings are widely used in building & construction, automotive, and other sectors. Growth of these sectors is boosting the demand for paints and coatings. Thus, rapid increase in demand for glass beads fillers in the paints & coating sector is estimated to drive the global glass beads fillers market during the forecast period.
- Glass beads fillers are employed in road marking materials. They help guide road users in the dark by reflecting the lights of cars, motorcycles, and bicycles. Glass spheres (retro) reflect the headlights of the vehicle to the driver, acting akin to a mirror. This leads to safe driving practice. Increase in infrastructure development in terms of connectivity of roads is anticipated to boost the global glass bead fillers market in the near future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Glass Bead Fillers: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global glass bead fillers market can be segmented into paints & coatings, engineering plastics, road marking, dental fillings, surface finishing, and others
- The paints & coating segment is expected to hold significant share of the of the global glass bead fillers market during the forecast period. The engineering plastics segment is also estimated to expand at a healthy CAGR in the near future, owing to the technological advancements in the plastic sector.
Covid-19 Impact on Glass Bead Fillers Market
- COVID-19 is affecting the global economy in three major ways: hampering production and demand, creating supply chain and market disruption, and financial impact on firms and financial markets
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a swift and severe negative impact on the globally integrated industries such as construction and automotive. It has hampered the supply chain significantly. It is also expected to adversely affect manufacturing, distribution, and supply of glass bead fillers in the near future.
North America to Dominate Glass Bead Fillers Market
- In terms of region, the global glass bead fillers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to be a key region of the global glass bead fillers market. It is anticipated to be followed by Asia Pacific. Growth of the market in these regions can be ascribed to increase in construction activities, expansion in the automotive sector, and technological advancements.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Glass Bead Fillers Market
The global glass bead fillers market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating for glass bead fillers in the global market include:
- India Glass Beads
- Sigmund Lindner GmbH
- Bio Spec Products Inc.
- Langfang Tenroads Glass Products Co.,Ltd.
- Hebei Chiye glass beads Co. Ltd.
- Crystal Mark, Inc.
- Mo-Sci Corporation
Global Glass Bead Fillers Market: Research Scope
Global Glass Bead Fillers Market, by Grade
- Short Strands Grade
- Long Strand Grade
Global Glass Bead Fillers Market, by Application
- Paints & Coatings
- Engineering Plastics
- Dental fillings
- Road Marking
- Surface Finishing
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.