Gas Struts and Spring Systems: Introduction
- Gas struts and spring systems are used for lifting, opening, adjusting, closing, and positioning operations in a diverse range of fields
- Gas springs are occasionally referred to as gas props, gas lifts, or gas struts, depending on application and industry. Gas struts and spring systems are primarily used to counterbalance or support moving masses.
- Gas struts and spring systems are hydro-pneumatic adjustment elements. These systems consist of a piston rod and a pressure tube with a piston unit.
- Gas struts and spring systems are of various designs such as extension-damped gas struts, compressed-damped gas struts, compressed and extension-damped gas springs, and gas springs without damping
- Gas struts and spring systems are filled with non-toxic nitrogen under high pressure. Additionally, there exists a defined amount of oil in the interior of gas struts and springs for end-position damping and lubrication.
- The global gas struts and spring systems market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to increased demand for these systems in industries such as automotive, aerospace, and marine.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Gas Struts and Spring Systems Market: Dynamics
Global Gas Struts and Spring Systems Market: Key Drivers
- Gas struts and spring systems are lightweight, corrosion resistant, durable, easy to install, and reliable. These features are expected to boost the demand for gas struts and spring systems in the automotive industry during the forecast period.
- Growth of residential and automotive industries has fueled the demand for gas struts and spring systems across the world
- Rising demand for gas struts and spring systems in industries such as automotive, marine, and aerospace is one of the major factors driving the global gas struts and spring systems market
- Increasing usage in aerospace and automotive industries has led to increasing demand for nitrogen gas springs, which is anticipated to fuel the global market for gas struts and spring systems in the next few years
High Costs of Gas Struts and Spring Systems to Hamper Market
- Gas struts and spring systems are generally corrosion resistant, but they cannot be used in environments with a constant damp load. This, in turn, is expected to hinder the global gas struts and spring systems market in the next few years.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Gas Struts and Spring Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global struts & spring systems market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America held a leading share of the global gas struts and spring systems market, in terms of revenue, in 2018 and is projected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period. The U.S. is a key market for struts and spring systems in North America, due to increasing aircraft production in the country. For instance, according the Aerospace Industries Association, civil aircraft production in the U.S. stood at 2,652 units in 2016, which rose to 2,808 units in 2017.
Global Gas Struts and Spring Systems Market: Competition Landscape
Key Players Operating in Global Gas Struts and Spring Systems Market
Several local, regional, and international players operate in the global market for gas struts and spring systems. Thus, the global gas struts and spring systems market is fragmented and the bargaining power of suppliers is low. Manufacturers of gas struts and spring systems are adopting key strategies of new product development and acquisition. For instance, in July 2019, Camloc Motion Control Limited, a manufacturer of dampers, gas springs, and struts, entered into a partnership with Appian Fasteners, an Ireland-based distributor of mechanical components and industrial fasteners, for expanding its distribution network and strengthening its geographical presence. Key players operating in the global gas struts and spring systems market are:
- ACE Controls Inc.
- Ameritool Manufacturing Inc.
- Aritech Gas Spring
- AVM INDUSTRIES
- Bansbach Easylift GmbH
- Barnes Group Ltd.
- ChangZhou LongXiang Gas Spring Co., Ltd.
- Camloc Motion Control Limited
- Dictator Technik GmbH
- Gemini Gas Springs Inc.
- IDEAL Gas Spring Pvt. Ltd.
- Industrial Gas Spring, Inc.
- Metrol Spring Limited
- Shunde Huayang Gas Spring Co., Ltd.
- Stabilus GmbH
- SUSPA GmbH
- WAN DER FUL CO., LTD.
Global Gas Struts and Spring Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Gas Struts and Spring Systems Market, by Type
- Automotive Gas Struts and Spring Systems
- Industrial Gas Struts and Spring Systems
Global Gas Struts and Spring Systems Market, by Industry
Global Gas Struts and Spring Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.