Fumed Alumina Market: Overview
- Fumed alumina is available as a fine metal oxide with a high specific surface area, low bulk density, superfine particle size, high purity, good dispersibility, and a positive surface charge. Fumed alumina are powders that are available with either hydrophobic or hydrophilic surfaces.
- In powder form, fumed alumina occurs as fine, white, and extremely fluffy substance. Fumed alumina is also available in a stable aqueous dispersion depending on the kind of application.
- It is primarily utilized in powder coatings in order to improve flow and chargeability. Furthermore, fumed alumina is used in photo paper to provide high gloss and excellent printing properties.
- It is also extensively employed in the applications that majorly include adhesives and sealants, coatings, printing and packaging, silicone sealants, chemical mechanical planarization (CMP) skin and beauty care products
Key Drivers of Global Fumed Alumina Market
- Chemical mechanical planarization (CMP) and resist etching-back (REB) processes are utilized to fabricate semiconductor devices to planarize shallow trenches. Therefore, rapid increase in the demand for chemical mechanical planarization (CMP) from the semiconductor industry is expected to drive the global fumed alumina market during the forecast period.
- Ease of use, strong bond between dissimilar materials, and high cohesive strength offered by adhesive & sealants are making them widely acceptable by construction, packing and transportation industries. Thus, an increase in the demand for fumed alumina for manufacturing of adhesive & sealants is expected to the drive the global fumed alumina market in the near future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Fumed Alumina Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global fumed alumina market can be segmented into coatings, printing & packing, silicon sealants, chemical mechanical planarization (CPM), adhesives & sealants, and skin & beauty care products .
- The coating segment is projected to account for a major share of the global fumed alumina market in 2027. The coating segment is estimated to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period, owing to the volatility witnessed in the cost of raw material across the global market. Moreover, it is expected to account for a significant share of the market by 2027.
- The silicon sealants segment is also expected to expand at a healthy growth rate during the forecast period.
- The skin and beauty care segment is expanding at a significant pace. Skin and beauty care products such as sunscreen, nail paint, makeup creams, and powders, use fumed alumina. Consequently, the segment is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period. Demand for fumed alumina, in other applications is expected to remain moderate to high across different regions due to beneficial properties such as improved flow, chargeability, and high gloss.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Regional Segment for Fumed Alumina Market
- In terms of region, the global fumed alumina market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific and Europe are highly active markets in terms of strategic initiatives, owing to their emerging and mature market demand, respectively. Rise in application of fumed alumina and increased number of domestic players in vertical market segments, such as coating and skin & beauty care product applications, are key factors boosting the market in these regions.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific accounts for a notable share of the global market, followed by North America and Europe. Expansion of the consumer goods industry, particularly in North America and Europe, is projected to fuel the fumed alumina market in these regions.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, owing to the expansion of construction, packing, and transportation industries in these regions.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Fumed Alumina Market
The global fumed alumina market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Cabot Corporation
- Guangzhou GBS High-Industry
Global Fumed Alumina Market: Research Scope
Global Fumed Alumina Market, by Type
Global Fumed Alumina Market, by Application
- Adhesives and Sealants
- Printing and Packaging
- Silicone Sealants
- Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP)
- Skin and Beauty Care Products
Global Fumed Alumina Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.