Fumed Alumina Market: Overview
- Fumed alumina is available as a fine metal oxide with a high specific surface area, low bulk density, superfine particle size, high purity, good dispersibility, and a positive surface charge. Fumed alumina are powders that are available with either hydrophobic or hydrophilic surfaces.
- In powder form, fumed alumina occurs as fine, white, and extremely fluffy substance. Fumed alumina is also available in a stable aqueous dispersion depending on the kind of application.
- It is primarily utilized in powder coatings in order to improve flow and chargeability. Furthermore, fumed alumina is used in photo paper to provide high gloss and excellent printing properties.
- It is also extensively employed in the applications that majorly include adhesives and sealants, coatings, printing and packaging, silicone sealants, chemical mechanical planarization (CMP) skin and beauty care products
Key Drivers of Global Fumed Alumina Market
- Chemical mechanical planarization (CMP) and resist etching-back (REB) processes are utilized to fabricate semiconductor devices to planarize shallow trenches. Therefore, rapid increase in the demand for chemical mechanical planarization (CMP) from the semiconductor industry is expected to drive the global fumed alumina market during the forecast period.
- Ease of use, strong bond between dissimilar materials, and high cohesive strength offered by adhesive & sealants are making them widely acceptable by construction, packing and transportation industries. Thus, an increase in the demand for fumed alumina for manufacturing of adhesive & sealants is expected to the drive the global fumed alumina market in the near future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Fumed Alumina Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global fumed alumina market can be segmented into coatings, printing & packing, silicon sealants, chemical mechanical planarization (CPM), adhesives & sealants, and skin & beauty care products .
- The coating segment is projected to account for a major share of the global fumed alumina market in 2027. The coating segment is estimated to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period, owing to the volatility witnessed in the cost of raw material across the global market. Moreover, it is expected to account for a significant share of the market by 2027.
- The silicon sealants segment is also expected to expand at a healthy growth rate during the forecast period.
- The skin and beauty care segment is expanding at a significant pace. Skin and beauty care products such as sunscreen, nail paint, makeup creams, and powders, use fumed alumina. Consequently, the segment is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period. Demand for fumed alumina, in other applications is expected to remain moderate to high across different regions due to beneficial properties such as improved flow, chargeability, and high gloss.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Regional Segment for Fumed Alumina Market
- In terms of region, the global fumed alumina market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific and Europe are highly active markets in terms of strategic initiatives, owing to their emerging and mature market demand, respectively. Rise in application of fumed alumina and increased number of domestic players in vertical market segments, such as coating and skin & beauty care product applications, are key factors boosting the market in these regions.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific accounts for a notable share of the global market, followed by North America and Europe. Expansion of the consumer goods industry, particularly in North America and Europe, is projected to fuel the fumed alumina market in these regions.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, owing to the expansion of construction, packing, and transportation industries in these regions.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Fumed Alumina Market
The global fumed alumina market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Cabot Corporation
- Guangzhou GBS High-Industry
Global Fumed Alumina Market: Research Scope
Global Fumed Alumina Market, by Type
Global Fumed Alumina Market, by Application
- Adhesives and Sealants
- Printing and Packaging
- Silicone Sealants
- Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP)
- Skin and Beauty Care Products
Global Fumed Alumina Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.