Fluorene Market: Introduction
- Fluorene, also known by the name 9H-fluorene, is a polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon. It appears in the form of white crystals and exhibits characteristics such as giving aromatic odor similar to that of naphthalene. It is combustible and acquires a violet fluorescence. Fluorene is obtained from coal tar and is highly used for commercial applications. Moreover, it is insoluble in water and soluble in many organic solvents.
- Fluorene is used in the preparation of dyes such as 2, 7-diiodofluorene, 2-aminofluorene, and 3,6-bis-(dimethylamino) fluorine as well as resins. It acts as a precursor to other fluorene compounds and to prepare fluorenone. It is utilized in the study of the extraction of specific semiconducting single-wall carbon nanotubes. Its polymer, polyfluorene, finds application in electroluminescent as well as solar cells. In addition, it is used as a luminophore for inorganic light-emitting diodes.
Key Drivers of Fluorene Market
- The growth in the electrical & electronic industry, across the world, is another factor driving the market during the forecast period. In India, the electronics industry is considered as one of the fastest-growing industries, both in terms of production and exports. So, extensive growth in the electronics industry, particularly in India and China, is expected to propel the fluorene market in the near future.
- Increased usage of fluorene by the end-use industries is also propelling the fluorene market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Fluorene Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global fluorene market is segmented into dyes, electrical & electronics, and others
- The dyes segment is projected to account for a major share of the global fluorene market by 2027. The dye & pigment manufacturing industry accounts for about 3.1% of revenue of total chemical manufacturing-related industries. Demand for fluorene is likely to increase during the forecast period, owing to increase in requirement for dyes and pigments for various applications.
- Expanding at a healthy growth rate, the electrical & electronics segment is expected to create significant incremental opportunity during the forecast period. Demand for other industrial applications is expected to remain moderate to high across different regions.
Asia Pacific to be Key Market
- In terms of region, the global fluorene market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to witness a significant growth, followed by Europe. For instance, the electronics industry in India has shown a tremendous growth in the past two years. Macro factors such as growing middle-class population and rise in disposable income drive the industry. In addition, declining electronics prices and adoption of high-end technology devices is also contributing to the growth of the industry.
- A considerable need for fluorene in various countries in Europe such as U.K. and Germany has been observed. This demand has been extensively driven by the emergence of new manufacturers and increase in investments in the dye industry. These factors are expected to drive the market, particularly in Europe, during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
- Regions such as Middle East, Africa, and Latin America are expected to hold a moderate share and would grow at a stagnant growth rate during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global fluorene market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Osaka Gas Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- TCI Chemicals (India) Pvt. Ltd
- Syntechem Co., Ltd
- GODO SHIGEN Co., Ltd.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
- Alfa Aesar
- Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp.
- Jiangsu Ever Galaxy Chemical Co., ltd.
- Hangzhou MolCore BioPharmatech Co., Ltd.
Global Fluorene Market: Research Scope
Global Fluorene Market, by Monomer
Global Fluorene Market, by Application
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Fluorene Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.