Flood Warning Sensor: Introduction
- A flood warning sensor is a device used in flood monitoring systems. These sensors can detect water level, moisture level, and potential floods across the world.
- Sensors work as transducers; the integrated electronics converts the measured value into an analog or digital signal for transmission.
- Flood warning sensors sense water level, moisture level, and flood activity of any region, have the ability to detect the threat of future floods, and help to reduce both direct as well as indirect losses that may be headed in a particular direction.
- Pressure transducer, ultrasonic level sensors, and radar level sensors are the three types of flood warning sensors.
Rise in Demand from Governments
- Flood warning sensors are largely used by various governments, as they help in enhancing the security, and senses flood activity on time to provide secure access and awareness.
- Governments of flood-prone countries such as the U.S, China, Japan, Australia, Indonesia, Philippines, Mexico, India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan are deploying flood warning systems which have flood warning sensors, as these countries face huge economic, infrastructure, agricultural, as well as human loss during flooding.
- Rise in government focus on taking preventive steps to deal with floods and other natural disasters are expected to propel the growth of the flood warning sensor market during the forecast period.
- A restraint of flood warning sensors are that in a state of sudden shock, sensors may not always provide correct readings and may get damaged during an impulsive reading.
- In March 2019, the Vietnamese government and American researchers signed a contract to develop flood warning sensor systems to monitor the river basins of the Red and Mekong rivers.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) funded India's first comprehensive city-level flood forecasting and warning system that was installed in Kolkata in September 2018.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Flood Warning Sensor Market
- In terms of region, the global flood warning sensor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is projected to see significant growth in the global flood warning sensor market during the forecast period due to growing demand for flood monitoring and warning systems as these systems comprise flood warning sensors.
- Furthermore, large number of flood-prone areas, improper infrastructure in the region, increasing construction activities on rivers, and growing investment from international organizations support countries to manage floods in the region. These factors boost the growth of the flood warning sensor market in the Asia Pacific region.
- The governments of Asia Pacific countries such as Bangladesh, Taiwan, Indonesia, China, and India are deploying flood warning sensor systems to manage natural disasters, which is boosting the flood warning sensor market in the region.
- North America holds the second largest share of the flood warning sensor market due to large number of manufacturers of flood warning sensors in the region and government support to cope with natural disasters and reduce loss and risk.
- The flood warning sensor market in Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Flood Warning Sensor Market
The global flood warning sensor market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to cater to the rising demand for flood warning sensors. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global flood warning sensor market include:
- ABB Ltd.
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Endress+Hauser AG
- Vega Grieshaber KG
- Siemens AG
- AMETEK, Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- First Sensor AG
- Fortive Corporation
- KROHNE Messtechnik GmbH
Global Flood Warning Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Flood Warning Sensor Market, by Type
- Pressure transducers
- Ultrasonic level sensors
- Radar level sensors.
Global Flood Warning Sensor Market, by Application
- Inland Fisheries
- Transport & Logistics
- Tourism and Outdoor Entertainment
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!