Firewire Cables: Introduction
- Firewire cables are largely used to connect devices that have integrated firewire ports. Firewire is an I/O interface standard designed by Apple, Inc. to provide high data transfer speeds.
- Firewire cables is a part of the quickest serial technology designed for connecting a computer to a peripheral device or for connecting devices with one another by using a particular cable design assembly
- Various firewire cable design assemblies available in the market are: 4-pin to 4-pin, 4-pin to 6-pin, 4-pin to 9-pin, 6-pin to 6-pin, 9-pin to 9-pin, and 9-pin to 6-pin. These design assemblies are used to connect external hard drives, computer monitors, DVD decoders, and digital camcorders.
- Furthermore, firewire cables are capable of providing data transfer at a rate as high as that offered by a USB 2.0 cable. This advantage of firewire cables over USB cables also offers a reliable, simple, and economical connection.
- Firewire cables are also known as IEEE 1394 cable, DV cable, and I. Link cable
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Global Firewire Cables Market
- Growing use of consumer electronics devices such as cameras, scanners, laptops, and memory storage devices worldwide is a key factor driving the adoption of firewire cables during the forecast period
Consumer Electronics Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- Among end-use industries, the global firewire cables market can be segmented into automotive, industrial, consumer electronics, data/communications, and medical devices
- The consumer electronics segment is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, owing to high adoption of firewire cables in multiple applications such as camcorders, scanners, printers, DVD players, set-top boxes, computer monitors, audio video receivers, hard drives, and audio recording devices
- Owing to the above-mentioned factors, the consumer electronics segment is likely to witness significant growth during the forecast period
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Firewire Cables Market
- In terms of region, the global firewire cables market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The firewire cables market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to presence of a large number of cable manufacturers and continuously rising demand for consumer electronics devices in the region.
- The firewire cables market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth between 2019 and 2027. The market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Firewire Cables Market
The global firewire cables market was highly fragmented in 2018, with a large number of manufacturers accounting for a major market share. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on designing of more advanced products in order to meet the rising demand for firewire cables in the consumer electronics industry. Moreover, manufacturers are increasing their investments in research and development activities for the development of more user-friendly and reliable products with high data transfer capacity.
Key players operating in the global firewire cables market are:
- Phoenix Contact (I) Pvt. Ltd.
- CnC Tech, LLC
- Tripp Lite
- Luxshare Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
- TE Connectivity Ltd.
- Cablek industries
- Apple Inc.
- Cables Direct Limited
- Johnson Components and Equipment Co., Ltd
Global Firewire Cables Market: Research Scope
Global Firewire Cables Market, by Type
- Firewire Cable 400
- Firewire Cable 800
Global Firewire Cables Market, by Connector Type
- 4 Pin
- 6 Pin
- 9 Pin
Global Firewire Cables Market, by End-user
- Consumer Electronics
- Digital Camcorders
- Storage Devices
- Medical Devices
Global Firewire Cables Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.