File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Software Market: Introduction
- File transfer protocol (FTP) is a standard communication protocol used to send a file from PC to PC, with a good internet connection, and one of the PC is acting as a server.
- FTP software uses a client-server; therefore, it consists of two parts: an FTP server and an FTP client. A popular application for FTP is to download or upload files for archival or sharing of files that are too large to send on an email. FTPs are functioned by SSH (Secured Shell) clients and SFTP (Secured File Transfer Protocol) server.
- FTP software helps an organization to move enormous volumes of data on a routine basis. Managed file transfer (MFT) solutions are utilized by the higher authority of the company to protect sensitive data from the server, and an IPSwitch enables to view, manage, and control all activity through a single system.
- Adoption of file transfer protocol (FTP) software is expected to increase, as it helps an organization to move large volume of data, and also secure internal, external, and ad-hoc data transfers through networks.
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Software Market: Dynamics
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Software Market: Key Drivers
- FTP is a software utility that establishes a connection between the remote server and the host computer. FTP software provides a dual-direction transfer of files and data between two PC over TCP networks.
- The FTP software provides a reliable means to transmit data between a remote host and local. The FTP client works when the host computer connects to the FTP server by specifying, IP address, domain, username, and password of that server.
- A key advantage of FTP software is when the connection is lost, it has the ability to resume the transfer and there is no limitation on the size of the file to be transferred
- A major disadvantage of FTP software is that it does not encrypt the traffic; therefore, passwords, usernames, and other data can easily be read by capturing data packets. FTP is susceptible to packet capture and other attacks.
- Lack or limited awareness and high initial cost to implement and integrate File Transfer Protocol (FTP) software are expected to hamper the market
Impact of COVID-19 on the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Software Market
- Increase in cases of COVID-19 across the globe has led to an economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by the pandemic. COVID-19 has had a negative impact on file transfer protocol software market. Some companies have withheld all investments in advanced business solutions and tools due to the low return on investment.
North America to Hold Major Share of the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Software Market
- In terms of region, the global File transfer protocol (FTP) software market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global file transfer protocol (FTP) software market in 2020. The U.S. is a key market in the adoption of new technologies. Strong financial position enables the country to invest heavily in the adoption of leading tools and technologies to ensure efficient business operations.
Key Players Operating in the Global File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Software Market
- Hightail, Inc.
Hightail, Inc. was incorporated in 2004 and is headquartered in California, U.S. The company delivers protected digital file distribution services by subscription. It provides diverse services such as overnight delivery services and file transfer protocol sites. The company caters to governments, businesses, and professional agencies worldwide.
Axway was incorporated in 2001 and is headquartered in Arizona, U.S. The company provides a hybrid integration platform. The company focuses on managed file transfer, app integration, API management, content collaborations, and mobile integrations. The company's customers include financial institutions, retail, public, and healthcare sectors.
Other key players operating in the global file transfer protocol (FTP) software market include Saison Information Systems Co. Ltd., FileZilla, Jawk Softwares, Fresh Gravity Software Services Pvt. Ltd., BNT Soft, Softhub Technologies, and Softdna Software.
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Software Market: Research Scope
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Software Market, by Component
- Professional Services
- Support & Maintenance
- Managed Services
- Professional Services
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Software Market, by Deployment
- On Premises
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Software Market, by Enterprise
- Large Enterprises
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Software Market, by Type
- System-Centric File Transfer
- People-Centric File Transfer
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Software Market, by End-user
- Media & Entertainment
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Software Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.