Ferromagnetic Materials Market: Overview
- Ferromagnetic materials are strongly attracted to a magnet or magnetic field. These materials comprise iron, steel, nickel, cobalt, and other alloys.
- The permeability of ferromagnetic materials is very high; it ranges up to several hundred or thousand units
- Ferromagnetic materials are primarily used in several electromagnetic and electromechanical devices such as electromagnets, generators, electric motors, transformers, and magnetic storage devices such as hard disks and tape recorders
- Increase in demand for electromagnetic and electromechanical devices in electronics and health care industries is anticipated to drive the global ferromagnetic materials market
High Demand for Ferromagnetic Materials in Electronics Industry
- In terms of application, the global ferromagnetic materials market can be segregated into electrical equipment, magnetic storage devices, electronic & electromechanical devices, and others. The electronic & electromechanical devices segment is estimated to account for major share of the global ferromagnetic materials market in the near future.
- Ferromagnetic materials such as iron, nickel, cobalt, tungsten, and aluminum and their alloys are primarily used in the electronics industry owing to their good electric and magnetic conductivity
- Increase in demand for ferromagnetic materials in electronic and electromechanical devices due to excellent properties such as high relative permeability, low coercive force, and negligible hysteresis is expected to boost the market during the forecast period
- Electronic and electromechanical devices such as electromagnets, transformers, electric motors, generators, inductors, relay, and telephone receivers operate under frequently varying magnetic flux
- Ease of magnetization and demagnetization of ferromagnetic materials make them highly suitable for applications involving changing magnetic flux. These include electromagnets, transformers, electric motors, generators, inductors, relays, and telephone receivers.
- Rise in adoption of ferromagnetic materials in electronic and electromechanical devices is expected to drive the global ferromagnetic materials market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Increase in Research & Development of Ferromagnetic Materials for Health Care Industry
- Ferromagnetic metals such as iron, cobalt, or nickel filled with carbon nanotubes are new and innovative nanostructured materials possessing a number of exceptional characteristics
- Ferromagnetic materials filled with carbon nanotubes maintain consistent properties without mechanical or chemical degradation. This characteristic makes ferromagnetic materials an excellent material for manufacturing components for magneto-mechanical sensors.
- Ferromagnetic materials or nano-magnets are promising materials for several medical applications. Carbon nanotubes filled ferromagnetic materials are commercially suitable for high quality scanning force microscopy probes in the health care industry.
- Demand for ferromagnetic materials in the health care industry is anticipated to increase in the near future, as partially carbon nanotube-filled ferromagnetic materials can be employed as medical drug delivery systems. Furthermore, carbon nanotube-filled ferromagnetic materials are widely used as magneto-mechanical actuators in the NEMS (nano-electromechanical systems) and MEMS (micro-electromechanical systems) technology. NEMS and MEMS are functional technologies used to operate medical equipment.
- Rise in usage of nano-sized magnetic particles such as carbon nanotubes in ferromagnetic materials for biomedical applications is estimated to boost the demand for ferromagnetic materials across the globe
Asia Pacific Dominates Global Ferromagnetic Materials Market
- In terms of geography, the global ferromagnetic materials market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounted for major share of the global ferromagnetic materials market in 2018, led by the presence of large electrical and electronic consumer base in the region
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the increase in utilization rate of ferromagnetic materials in the electrical & electronics industry. Rise in demand for ferromagnetic materials in Asia Pacific has encouraged electric equipment and electronic component manufacturers in China and South Korea to establish new production lines. This is likely to boost the demand for ferromagnetic materials in the region in the next few years.
- Emergence of ferromagnetic material production techniques is likely to offer an impetus to the production of ferromagnetic materials in Asia Pacific
- Increase in adoption of ferromagnetic materials for electronic and electromechanical devices in Asia Pacific is anticipated to drive the ferromagnetic materials market in the region during the forecast period
- Production capacity expansions by manufacturers of ferromagnetic materials in China and India are likely to boost the demand for ferromagnetic materials in these countries in the next few years
- North America and Europe also held significant share of the global market in 2018, owing to the constant demand for ferromagnetic materials in the health care industry in these regions
- Rise in research and development activities for manufacture of ferromagnetic materials in the U.S. is projected to drive the global ferromagnetic materials market in the country during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Prominent Players in Market
Key players operating in the global ferromagnetic materials market focus on forward integration by acquiring and collaborating with distribution channels in order to strengthen their customer base. Furthermore, these players focus on strong research and development programs to support the evolving electronics and health care industries. Major players operating in the ferromagnetic materials market include:
- Adams Magnetic Products
- Armstrong Magnetics
- CMS Magnetics
- DEXTER MAGNETIC TECHNOLOGIES
- Digi-Key Electronics
- Dura Magnetics
- Electrodyne Company
- Goudsmit Magnetic Supplies BV
- International Magna Products
- Magnetfabrik Bonn GmbH
- RS Components, Ltd.
Global Ferromagnetic Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Ferromagnetic Materials Market, by Material
- Rare Earth Permanent Magnet Materials
- Metal Permanent Magnet Materials
- Ferrite Permanent Magnet Material
Global Ferromagnetic Materials Market, by Application
- Electrical Equipment
- Magnetic Storage Devices
- Electronic & Electromechanical Devices
Global Ferromagnetic Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.