Ferromagnetic Materials Market: Overview
- Ferromagnetic materials are strongly attracted to a magnet or magnetic field. These materials comprise iron, steel, nickel, cobalt, and other alloys.
- The permeability of ferromagnetic materials is very high; it ranges up to several hundred or thousand units
- Ferromagnetic materials are primarily used in several electromagnetic and electromechanical devices such as electromagnets, generators, electric motors, transformers, and magnetic storage devices such as hard disks and tape recorders
- Increase in demand for electromagnetic and electromechanical devices in electronics and health care industries is anticipated to drive the global ferromagnetic materials market
High Demand for Ferromagnetic Materials in Electronics Industry
- In terms of application, the global ferromagnetic materials market can be segregated into electrical equipment, magnetic storage devices, electronic & electromechanical devices, and others. The electronic & electromechanical devices segment is estimated to account for major share of the global ferromagnetic materials market in the near future.
- Ferromagnetic materials such as iron, nickel, cobalt, tungsten, and aluminum and their alloys are primarily used in the electronics industry owing to their good electric and magnetic conductivity
- Increase in demand for ferromagnetic materials in electronic and electromechanical devices due to excellent properties such as high relative permeability, low coercive force, and negligible hysteresis is expected to boost the market during the forecast period
- Electronic and electromechanical devices such as electromagnets, transformers, electric motors, generators, inductors, relay, and telephone receivers operate under frequently varying magnetic flux
- Ease of magnetization and demagnetization of ferromagnetic materials make them highly suitable for applications involving changing magnetic flux. These include electromagnets, transformers, electric motors, generators, inductors, relays, and telephone receivers.
- Rise in adoption of ferromagnetic materials in electronic and electromechanical devices is expected to drive the global ferromagnetic materials market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Increase in Research & Development of Ferromagnetic Materials for Health Care Industry
- Ferromagnetic metals such as iron, cobalt, or nickel filled with carbon nanotubes are new and innovative nanostructured materials possessing a number of exceptional characteristics
- Ferromagnetic materials filled with carbon nanotubes maintain consistent properties without mechanical or chemical degradation. This characteristic makes ferromagnetic materials an excellent material for manufacturing components for magneto-mechanical sensors.
- Ferromagnetic materials or nano-magnets are promising materials for several medical applications. Carbon nanotubes filled ferromagnetic materials are commercially suitable for high quality scanning force microscopy probes in the health care industry.
- Demand for ferromagnetic materials in the health care industry is anticipated to increase in the near future, as partially carbon nanotube-filled ferromagnetic materials can be employed as medical drug delivery systems. Furthermore, carbon nanotube-filled ferromagnetic materials are widely used as magneto-mechanical actuators in the NEMS (nano-electromechanical systems) and MEMS (micro-electromechanical systems) technology. NEMS and MEMS are functional technologies used to operate medical equipment.
- Rise in usage of nano-sized magnetic particles such as carbon nanotubes in ferromagnetic materials for biomedical applications is estimated to boost the demand for ferromagnetic materials across the globe
Asia Pacific Dominates Global Ferromagnetic Materials Market
- In terms of geography, the global ferromagnetic materials market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounted for major share of the global ferromagnetic materials market in 2018, led by the presence of large electrical and electronic consumer base in the region
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the increase in utilization rate of ferromagnetic materials in the electrical & electronics industry. Rise in demand for ferromagnetic materials in Asia Pacific has encouraged electric equipment and electronic component manufacturers in China and South Korea to establish new production lines. This is likely to boost the demand for ferromagnetic materials in the region in the next few years.
- Emergence of ferromagnetic material production techniques is likely to offer an impetus to the production of ferromagnetic materials in Asia Pacific
- Increase in adoption of ferromagnetic materials for electronic and electromechanical devices in Asia Pacific is anticipated to drive the ferromagnetic materials market in the region during the forecast period
- Production capacity expansions by manufacturers of ferromagnetic materials in China and India are likely to boost the demand for ferromagnetic materials in these countries in the next few years
- North America and Europe also held significant share of the global market in 2018, owing to the constant demand for ferromagnetic materials in the health care industry in these regions
- Rise in research and development activities for manufacture of ferromagnetic materials in the U.S. is projected to drive the global ferromagnetic materials market in the country during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Prominent Players in Market
Key players operating in the global ferromagnetic materials market focus on forward integration by acquiring and collaborating with distribution channels in order to strengthen their customer base. Furthermore, these players focus on strong research and development programs to support the evolving electronics and health care industries. Major players operating in the ferromagnetic materials market include:
- Adams Magnetic Products
- Armstrong Magnetics
- CMS Magnetics
- DEXTER MAGNETIC TECHNOLOGIES
- Digi-Key Electronics
- Dura Magnetics
- Electrodyne Company
- Goudsmit Magnetic Supplies BV
- International Magna Products
- Magnetfabrik Bonn GmbH
- RS Components, Ltd.
Global Ferromagnetic Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Ferromagnetic Materials Market, by Material
- Rare Earth Permanent Magnet Materials
- Metal Permanent Magnet Materials
- Ferrite Permanent Magnet Material
Global Ferromagnetic Materials Market, by Application
- Electrical Equipment
- Magnetic Storage Devices
- Electronic & Electromechanical Devices
Global Ferromagnetic Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.