Emergency Lighting Battery Market: Overview
- Emergency light is a backup lighting device that powers on by itself when the main power supply is cut and normal light falls. It is battery operated.
- The loss of the main power supply can be due to a fire or power cut and failing of normal lighting supplies
- Nowadays, most of the new buildings are equipped with emergency lighting. Increase in adoption of LED and various combinations of emergency lightings with esthetic lightings have boosted the demand for emergency lighting. Rise in demand for emergency lighting is anticipated to boost the emergency lighting battery market in the near future.
- Emergency lighting battery is charged by on-grid electricity. However, renewable sources of energy, such as solar energy, are also used to charge these batteries.
- Increase in implementation of smart technologies in the lighting industry is also augmenting the emergency lighting battery market
Key Drivers of Global Emergency Lighting Battery Market
- Demand for emergency lighting battery has been increasing owing to the rise in number of construction projects and technological advancements in the lighting industry. Regulatory bodies of various countries are focusing on building world-class infrastructure to attract foreign investments in their respective countries. In 2015, the Government of India announced plans to develop 100 smart cities in the country over the next five years.
Emergency Lighting Battery Market: Key Development
- Legrand, a specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructure, has introduced new emergency lighting luminaires with the latest lithium-ion battery technology. The LIION range is specifically designed and manufactured in Australia to suit Australian and New Zealand conditions. With operational lifespan of up to 10 years, the new emergency lighting luminaires would deliver battery life far beyond the expected lifespan of the traditional NiCd/lead-acid batteries.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Emergency Lighting Battery Market
- Based on region, the global emergency lighting battery market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global emergency lighting battery market in 2019, due to the increase in construction of commercial and residential buildings in the U.S. Rise in focus of the U.S. Government on energy efficient lighting in buildings; and implementation of strict safety norms pertaining to installation of emergency lights in commercial buildings in the country are driving the market in the U.S.
- Europe is anticipated to hold major share of the global emergency lighting battery market during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a highly attractive region of the global emergency lighting battery market during the forecast period. The region is investing significantly in smart cities and smart homes. Government bodies in India, Japan, and China are also promoting the use of LED lights.
- The emergency lighting battery market in Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period. Some countries in the region have good infrastructure facilities and are developing at good pace. This is likely to boost the market in Middle East & Africa.
- The emergency lighting battery market in Latin America is expected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Emergency Lighting Battery Market
Leading companies operating in the global emergency lighting battery market include:
- Osram Licht AG
- Signify Holding
- Acuity Brand Inc.
- Syska LED Lights Pvt Ltd
- Daisalux S.A.U.
- Eaton Corporation plc
- Zumtobel Group AG
- Schneider Electric SE
- Hubbell Incorporated
Global Emergency Lighting Battery Market: Research Scope
Global Emergency Lighting Battery Market, by Power System
Global Emergency Lighting Battery Market, by Battery Type
- Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd)
- Nickel-metal Hydride (Ni-MH)
- Lithium-ion (Li-ion)
Global Emergency Lighting Battery Market, by Light Source
- Light Emitting Diode (LED)
- Others (High Intensity Discharge [HID], Cold Cathode, and Halogen Lamps)
Global Emergency Lighting Battery Market, by Application
Global Emergency Lighting Battery Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!