Elbow Lesion Treatment Market: Introduction
- Elbow lesion are injuries that disrupt the cartilage and subjacent bone, and most commonly involve the capitellum. Factors that can result in elbow lesion include genetics, improper nutrition, and trauma. The staging, prognosis, and treatment of lesions in the elbow are based on a combination of radiographic, magnetic resonance imaging, and arthroscopic findings.
- Elbow lesion is most often seen in adolescents aged between 12 years and 16 years who are throwing athletes, overhead athletes, or upper extremity weight bearing athletes. Baseball and gymnastics are common sports of patients with capitellar osteochondritis lesions. It is perceived to be due to repetitive microtrauma to the capitellum with valgus elbow loading.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Elbow Lesion Treatment Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Elbow Lesion Treatment Market
- Health care awareness and rise in adventure sports have led to an increase in the incidence rate of sports injuries. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) 2015 report suggests that athletes in universities and high schools account for approximately 2 million injuries, 50,000 doctor visits, and 30,000 hospitalizations every year in the U.S. Increase in the incidence rate of sports injuries among youth is due to much pressure on joints and repeated small trauma injuries. Therefore, increased participation in sports and exercise has led to a rise in sports-related injuries, and consequently higher demand for elbow lesions management products such as elbow splints.
- Large number of global manufacturers who have technical expertise and core competencies are undertaking constant efforts to develop and manufacture novel elbow lesion treatment products. Improved biomaterial-based products with high strength and low wear are witnessing an exponential rise in demand in developed as well as developing countries. Moreover, there is a rise in the adoption of minimally invasive surgery (MIS), navigation technology, 3D-bioprinting, and tissue engineering. Affordability, ease of utility, and novelty are key factors for product developers to cater to the increasing demand of the rapidly growing population affected by orthopedic diseases.
Surgical Treatment Segment to Dominate Global Elbow Lesion Treatment Market
- In terms of type, the surgical treatment segment is expected to dominate the global elbow lesion treatment market during the forecast period. Arthroscopic surgery and open surgery are types of surgical therapies performed for elbow lesion. Non-surgical therapies comprise drugs, such as NSAIDS, and physical therapy.
- Incidence of accidental injuries during sports, driving, and adventure has increased drastically in the past decade. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), every year, over 2 million patients visit the U.S. emergency departments for head trauma related injuries.
North America to Lead Global Elbow Lesion Treatment Market
- Based on region, the global elbow lesions treatment market can be segmented into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to lead the global elbow lesions treatment market. The North America elbow lesion treatment market is driven by a well-established health care infrastructure in the region. This has led to a rise in the number of surgeries, thereby boost the region’s market share.
- This market in Europe is projected to expand due to the growing patient pool of geriatric population, high incidences of lifestyle disorders, and technological advancements
- Asia Pacific elbow lesion treatment market is anticipated to witness rapid growth, owing to rise in medical tourism, increasing efforts by governments of the developing countries to better the health care infrastructure, and technological advancements
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Elbow Lesion Treatment Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Elbow Lesion Treatment Market
The global market for elbow lesion treatment is moderately fragmented with market players focusing on strategically important partnerships, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and product launched. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Arthrex, Inc.
- Zimmer Biomet
- DePuy Synthes (Johnson & Johnson)
- Exactech, Inc.
- Cesca Therapeutics Inc,
- Cesca Therapeutics
- Hanger, Inc.
- Fillauer LLC
Global Elbow Lesion Treatment Market Scope
Global Elbow Lesion Treatment Market, by Type
- Surgical Treatment
- Anthroscopic Surgery
- Open Surgery
- Non-surgical Treatment
- Drug Therapy
- Platelet-rich Plasma
- Physical Therapy
Global Elbow Lesion Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.