Edge AI Processor: Introduction
- Edge computing and artificial intelligence combined together form the edge AI
- Edge computing includes advanced techniques for data collection, analysis, and processing to the edge of the network, while artificial intelligence consists of advanced analytics with automation
- Edge AI processors are a type of microprocessors specially designed for accelerating embedded AI applications on edge devices.
- Edge AI processors are required in modern devices such as smart speakers, smart phones, laptops, robots, self-driven cars, drones and video analytics devices such as surveillance cameras
- Edge AI processors are specially built with graphics processing units (GPUs), field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), and application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs) to accelerate the processing speed required for AI algorithms
Rise in Demand for Global Edge AI Processors
- Increase in investments in artificial intelligence startups and a rise in the demand for smart homes & smart cities to cater to the rising demand for automation & safety in organizations are boosting the global edge AI processor market
- Rise in demand for self-driving cars, edge computing in IoT devices, advanced healthcare equipment, and robotics are also fueling the global edge AI processor market
- Demand for reliable connectivity and accelerated performance have propelled the demand for edge AI processor in different sectors such as government, agriculture, consumer electronics, real estate, automotive, transportation, communication, healthcare, manufacturing, etc.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Edge AI Processor Market
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global edge AI Processor market, due to a rise in the demand for AI processor-enabled smartphones in developing countries such as China, Japan, India, and South Korea
- Increase in demand for video analytics devices such as surveillance cameras, security systems, and increased digital communication by governments are other key factors that are fueling the global edge AI processor market
- Rising usage of faster and reliable edge hardware devices that require lower processing time for AI applications is increasing the demand for edge AI processors in Asia Pacific
Key Players Operating in Global Edge AI Processor Market
Key players operating in the global edge AI processor market are:
- Intel Corp.
- Apple Corp.
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- MediaTek Corp. Co. Ltd.
- Samsung Electronics
- Qualcomm Technologies
Global Edge AI Processor Market: Research Scope
Global Edge AI Processor Market, by Architecture
- Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
- Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA)
- Application-Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC)
Global Edge AI Processor Market, by Device
- Smart Speakers
- Smart Phones
- Self-Driven Cars
- Surveillance Cameras
Global Edge AI Processor Market, by End-use
- Consumer Electronics
Global Edge AI Processor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.