Dielectric Gel Market: Overview
- Dielectric gel is a polymer-based dielectric material. It is a heat curing gel used for encapsulating, potting, and protecting various materials in the electronics industry.
- Dielectric gel offers stress relief, flexibility, high stretchability, low mechanical hysteresis, and excellent dielectric properties
- Dielectric gel is used for protecting, coating, encapsulating, and sealing various electronic devices with delicate components
- Dielectric gel is used in a wide range of applications, including sensors, flexible electronics, electrocaloric cooling, optics, flexible touchscreen panels, soft robotics, and biomimetic
Efficient and Superior Properties of Dielectric Gel Boosting Global Dielectric Gel Market
- Increase in application of dielectric gel for coating, encapsulating, and sealing of electronic devices is a key factor that is driving the global dielectric gel market. Dielectric gel is extensively employed in the electrical & electronics industry for several applications such as LED lighting and automotive electronics.
- Rise in demand for electrical & electronics in emerging economies, including China, India, and Brazil, is expected to offer significant opportunities to the global dielectric gel market during the forecast period
- Volatility in prices of raw materials is estimated to restrain the market during the forecast period
- The dielectric gel market is facing supply-demand shortages due to the industrial shutdown triggered by the COVID 19 outbreak. Disruption of raw material supply due to the ongoing pandemic is projected to hamper full-scale operations of companies operating in the dielectric gel market.
- Supply shortage also leads to an increase in prices of raw materials. Affected downstream supply chain might take a long time to recover. The industrial shutdown has also adversely impacted product and inventory transportation, as logistic services have been hampered due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Electrical & Electronics Application Segment to Hold Major Share of Market
- Based on application, the global dielectric gel market can be divided into electrical & electronics, robotics, architecture, optoelectronics, and others
- The electrical & electronics segment held major share of the market in 2019. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for electronic products is estimated to drive the demand for dielectric gel during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Market
- In terms of region, the global dielectric gel market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2019, due to the presence of key manufacturers, especially in China. Expansion of the electrical & electronics industry and the architecture sector in Asia Pacific is likely to boost the dielectric gel market in the region in the near future.
- North America also held key share of the global dielectric gel market in 2019. The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period.
Major Players in Market
The global dielectric gel market is fragmented, with several regional and global manufacturers operating in the market. Prominent players operating in the market are investing in production capacity expansion in order to maintain their leading position. They are also investing in development of advanced manufacturing processes.
Key players operating in the global dielectric gel market include:
- Dow Corning Corporation
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd
- Bluestar Silicones
Global Dielectric Gel Market: Research Scope
Global Dielectric Gel Market, by Application
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Dielectric Gel Market, by End-use
- Specialty Polymers
- Flavors & Fragrance
Global Dielectric Gel Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!