Dielectric Elastomers Market: Overview
- Dielectric elastomers are also known as smart or soft active materials. They belong to electroactive polymers family.
- In dielectric elastomers, an elastomer film is inserted between two compliant electrodes. The elastomeric film is made up of silicon, rubber, acrylic or polyurethane. However, compliant electrodes are either graphite or carbon black based.
- They are capable of contraction and expansion in an electric field. Dielectric elastomers with high permittivity are used to enhance the electric devices performance.
- Dielectric elastomers are very compliant and produced from low cost materials which can be produced as a large area sheet. Furthermore, they have high dielectric constant as well as breakdown strength.
- Dielectric elastomers are widely used as actuators in the manufacturing of motors, pumps, liner actuators, loudspeakers, and robotic actuators
Key Drivers of Global Dielectric Elastomers Market
- Global dielectric elastomers market is anticipated to show significant growth during the forecast period
- Dielectric elastomers have lucrative opportunities in the regional and global markets due to their widespread applications in sensors, actuators, and transducers
- Dielectric elastomers are used to develop transducers and actuators which are utilized to manufacture various types of products including soft robotics, adaptive optics, haptics, aerospace, power generation, medical, and energy harvesting
- The global dielectric elastomers market is at budding stage and has demonstrated huge market potential with various opportunities for key players
- Key market players are adopting strategies such as collaboration, new product launches, and investment in research & development to develop new technologies. Universities and research institutes are working together to develop new technologies.
- Rise in demand from end-use applications such as robotics, automotive, and biomedical is a key driving factor for the global dielectric elastomers market
To clarify your doubts about the report on Dielectric Elastomers Market, Request a Brochure here
Transducers Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on application, the market can be segmented into transducers, actuators, and sensors
- The transducers segment is anticipated to hold the largest market share of global dielectric elastomers market during the forecast period, followed by actuators and sensors
- Dielectric elastomers are considered as favorable class of polymer-based material to improve the performance of transducers. They are employed in transducers to provide updated and comprehensive insights.
- Dielectric elastomers show substantial electromechanical effect. They are used as soft actuators, generators, and sensors due to this property.
Silicon Rubber Segment to Hold Significant Share of Global Dielectric Elastomers Market
- Based on material type, the dielectric elastomers market can be segmented into silicone rubber elastomer, acrylate elastomer, and polyurethane elastomer
- Silicon rubber elastomer is anticipated to hold major market share of the global dielectric elastomers market. The acrylate elastomer segment is expected to be the second largest material segment, followed by polyurethane.
- Silicon rubber composite is preferred to acrylic elastomer. Acrylic elastomer changes greatly with changing temperature and has slow viscoelastic strain response due to which it is a less preferred material.
- Several types of materials are used for manufacturing of dielectric elastomers, including liquid metals, metallic nano-clusters, graphene, stimuli responsive gels, carbon nano tube, and corrugated or patterned metal films
Significant Growth Potential in North America
- In terms of region, the global dielectric elastomers market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to hold the dominant share in global dielectric elastomers market. The region has presence of key market players and technologically advanced manufacturing facilities.
- North America is estimated to account for highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth can be attributed to technological advancements. Europe and Asia Pacific are anticipated to show significant market growth rate during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Dielectric Elastomers Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players in Market
The global dielectric elastomers market is consolidated, with few regional and global manufacturers. The players operating in the global dielectric elastomers market seek to enter into research partnerships and collaboration for the development of new technologies and new product launch.
Key players operating in the dielectric elastomers market include:
- 3M Company
- Covestro AG
Global Dielectric Elastomers Market: Research Scope
Global Dielectric Elastomers Market, by Material Type
- Silicone Rubber Elastomer
- Acrylate Elastomer
- Polyurethane Elastomer
- Others (carbon nano tube, graphene, metallic nano-clusters, corrugated or patterned metal films, stimuli responsive gels, etc.)
Global Dielectric Elastomers Market, by Application
Global Dielectric Elastomers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.