Dielectric Elastomer Market
The dielectric elastomer market is likely to witness substantial gains in the forthcoming years. The market growth is attributed to the rising demand for dielectric elastomer in various fields. Dielectric elastomers have been brought in application in transducers, sensors, and actuators.
Dielectric elastomer is, primarily, an elastomer film sandwiched between thin and compliant electrodes. The elastomer expands and contracts when electric field is applied. In addition, the elastomer is able to produce electric field, when mechanical force is provided. Also, it has high permittivity range.
Due to aforementioned properties, dielectric elastomer aids in enhancing the performance of many elastomer incorporated in commercial devices. Basically, it helps in regulating voltage. With the help of dielectric elastomer, the driving voltage can be decreased. Or, it also provides provision of increasing the voltage.
The ability and flexibility offered by dielectric elastomer is opening lucrative opportunities for expansion of global dielectric elastomer market.
Overall, the dielectric elastomer market is at its budding stage. This presents a huge opportunity of growth for new entrants. On the other hand, pioneers are strengthening their foothold in the global dielectric elastomer market by consistently introducing technological innovations. The companies are investing on extensive research and development, so that they can consolidate their position. Some of companies are also undertaking the strategy of merging and acquisition to expand their presence.
For example, IMeasureU, a New Zealand based firm, collaborated with German Technologies. Together, they introduced the concept of wireless inertial sensors. This stretch sensor will play vital role in bionics application. The sensor has wide application in rehabilitive therapies.
Furthermore, researchers from Los Angeles, California, and China have launched a dielectric elastomer rotary joint. The elastomer is widely applicable for medical and robotics application.
Some of the companies holding significant position in the market are- Eamex Corporation, 3M Company, Kemet Corporation, Bayer Material Science, Stretch sensors limited, Konarka Technologies Inc, IMeasureU, Medipacs Inc, and Danfoss group.
Dielectric Elastomers Market: Overview
- Dielectric elastomers are also known as smart or soft active materials. They belong to electroactive polymers family.
- In dielectric elastomers, an elastomer film is inserted between two compliant electrodes. The elastomeric film is made up of silicon, rubber, acrylic or polyurethane. However, compliant electrodes are either graphite or carbon black based.
- They are capable of contraction and expansion in an electric field. Dielectric elastomers with high permittivity are used to enhance the electric devices performance.
- Dielectric elastomers are very compliant and produced from low cost materials which can be produced as a large area sheet. Furthermore, they have high dielectric constant as well as breakdown strength.
- Dielectric elastomers are widely used as actuators in the manufacturing of motors, pumps, liner actuators, loudspeakers, and robotic actuators
Key Drivers of Global Dielectric Elastomers Market
- Global dielectric elastomers market is anticipated to show significant growth during the forecast period
- Dielectric elastomers have lucrative opportunities in the regional and global markets due to their widespread applications in sensors, actuators, and transducers
- Dielectric elastomers are used to develop transducers and actuators which are utilized to manufacture various types of products including soft robotics, adaptive optics, haptics, aerospace, power generation, medical, and energy harvesting
- The global dielectric elastomers market is at budding stage and has demonstrated huge market potential with various opportunities for key players
- Key market players are adopting strategies such as collaboration, new product launches, and investment in research & development to develop new technologies. Universities and research institutes are working together to develop new technologies.
- Rise in demand from end-use applications such as robotics, automotive, and biomedical is a key driving factor for the global dielectric elastomers market
To clarify your doubts about the report on Dielectric Elastomers Market, Request a Brochure here
Transducers Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on application, the market can be segmented into transducers, actuators, and sensors
- The transducers segment is anticipated to hold the largest market share of global dielectric elastomers market during the forecast period, followed by actuators and sensors
- Dielectric elastomers are considered as favorable class of polymer-based material to improve the performance of transducers. They are employed in transducers to provide updated and comprehensive insights.
- Dielectric elastomers show substantial electromechanical effect. They are used as soft actuators, generators, and sensors due to this property.
Silicon Rubber Segment to Hold Significant Share of Global Dielectric Elastomers Market
- Based on material type, the dielectric elastomers market can be segmented into silicone rubber elastomer, acrylate elastomer, and polyurethane elastomer
- Silicon rubber elastomer is anticipated to hold major market share of the global dielectric elastomers market. The acrylate elastomer segment is expected to be the second largest material segment, followed by polyurethane.
- Silicon rubber composite is preferred to acrylic elastomer. Acrylic elastomer changes greatly with changing temperature and has slow viscoelastic strain response due to which it is a less preferred material.
- Several types of materials are used for manufacturing of dielectric elastomers, including liquid metals, metallic nano-clusters, graphene, stimuli responsive gels, carbon nano tube, and corrugated or patterned metal films
Significant Growth Potential in North America
- In terms of region, the global dielectric elastomers market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to hold the dominant share in global dielectric elastomers market. The region has presence of key market players and technologically advanced manufacturing facilities.
- North America is estimated to account for highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth can be attributed to technological advancements. Europe and Asia Pacific are anticipated to show significant market growth rate during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Dielectric Elastomers Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players in Market
The global dielectric elastomers market is consolidated, with few regional and global manufacturers. The players operating in the global dielectric elastomers market seek to enter into research partnerships and collaboration for the development of new technologies and new product launch.
Key players operating in the dielectric elastomers market include:
- 3M Company
- Covestro AG
Global Dielectric Elastomers Market: Research Scope
Global Dielectric Elastomers Market, by Material Type
- Silicone Rubber Elastomer
- Acrylate Elastomer
- Polyurethane Elastomer
- Others (carbon nano tube, graphene, metallic nano-clusters, corrugated or patterned metal films, stimuli responsive gels, etc.)
Global Dielectric Elastomers Market, by Application
Global Dielectric Elastomers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.