Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market Introduction
- Denatured ethyl alcohol is an ethanol or grain alcohol that contains additional chemicals called denaturants that make it unfit for human consumption. Denatured alcohol is used in some type of lab work and as an ingredient in certain products, but it is not safe to drink.
- Denatured alcohol is primarily derived from natural sources such as corn starch and grains. This makes it suitable for household applications. Denatured ethyl alcohol is also called methylated spirit or wood spirit or denatured rectified spirit.
- In terms of type, specially denatured alcohol segment is expected to account for significant share of the market during the forecast period. Specially denatured alcohol is primarily used in fuel blending and other industrial and research related applications. Industrial applications include detergents, adhesives, chemicals, inks, plastics, paints, and thinners.
Key Drivers of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market
- Increase in usage of denatured ethyl alcohol in household applications is expected to boost the global denatured ethyl alcohol market during the forecast period. Denatured ethyl alcohol is largely used in household applications. Rise in awareness about indoor hygiene and the harmful effects associated with synthetic ingredients are boosting the consumption of denatured ethyl alcohol in household applications. This is anticipated to drive the segment during the forecast period.
- Growth in usage of denatured ethyl alcohol as a biofuel is estimated to augment the market during the forecast period. Usage of denatured ethyl alcohol as a biofuel is increasing day by day owing to rapid expansion in the automotive industry. The addition of denatured ethyl alcohol provides major advantages in terms of improved fuel economy and increased thermal efficiency. It also helps in cold starts during the winter season. These factors are boosting the consumption of denatured ethyl alcohol, thereby driving the market.
Restraints of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market
- Lack of universal directives pertaining to applications of denatured ethyl alcohol is likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of denatured ethyl alcohol. Companies find it difficult to comply with these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the denatured ethyl alcohol market, thereby hampering the market.
- Lack of awareness and low rate of adoption of denatured ethyl alcohol in several developed and underdeveloped countries are also projected to restrain the market during the forecast period
COVID-19 Impact on Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market
- Key players operating in the global denatured ethyl alcohol market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these manufacturers are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Several players have halted their production output since the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these alcohols. Thus, the global denatured ethyl alcohol market is projected to contract in 2020.
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for denatured ethyl alcohol in several applications. Governments of various countries across the globe have enforced lockdowns as a measure to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This has resulted in the slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure issues. These are adversely affecting the demand for denatured ethyl alcohol.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market
- In terms of region, the global denatured ethyl alcohol market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific is projected to hold significant share of the global denatured ethyl alcohol market during the forecast period. End-user industries such as pharmaceutical, manufacturing, cosmetics & personal care, automobile are expanding at a rapid pace in the region. Rise in disposable income and improvement in standard of living in numerous countries in Asia Pacific are boosting the demand for cosmetics & personal care. This, in turn, is augmenting the demand for denatured ethyl alcohol in Asia Pacific.
- Rapid expansion of pharmaceutical and automobile industries in China, India, Vietnam, Singapore, and South Korea is expected to increase the consumption of denatured ethyl alcohol in these industries. This is anticipated to boost the market in these countries.
- The market in North America is also estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to presence of diverse industries in the U.S. and Canada coupled with changes in environmental regulations
- The market in Europe is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to presence of major market players coupled with easy availability of raw materials
Prominent Players operating in Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market
Major players operating in the global denatured ethyl alcohol market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include:
- Valero Energy Corporation
- Big River Resources
- Green Plains Renewable Energy
- Abengoa Bioenergy
- Flint Hills Resources
- Pacific Ethanol
Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market Research Scope
Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market, by Type
- Specially Denatured Ethyl Alcohol
- Completely Denatured Ethyl Alcohol
Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market, by Application
- Cleaners & Solvents
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.