Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market Introduction
- Denatured ethyl alcohol is an ethanol or grain alcohol that contains additional chemicals called denaturants that make it unfit for human consumption. Denatured alcohol is used in some type of lab work and as an ingredient in certain products, but it is not safe to drink.
- Denatured alcohol is primarily derived from natural sources such as corn starch and grains. This makes it suitable for household applications. Denatured ethyl alcohol is also called methylated spirit or wood spirit or denatured rectified spirit.
- In terms of type, specially denatured alcohol segment is expected to account for significant share of the market during the forecast period. Specially denatured alcohol is primarily used in fuel blending and other industrial and research related applications. Industrial applications include detergents, adhesives, chemicals, inks, plastics, paints, and thinners.
Key Drivers of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market
- Increase in usage of denatured ethyl alcohol in household applications is expected to boost the global denatured ethyl alcohol market during the forecast period. Denatured ethyl alcohol is largely used in household applications. Rise in awareness about indoor hygiene and the harmful effects associated with synthetic ingredients are boosting the consumption of denatured ethyl alcohol in household applications. This is anticipated to drive the segment during the forecast period.
- Growth in usage of denatured ethyl alcohol as a biofuel is estimated to augment the market during the forecast period. Usage of denatured ethyl alcohol as a biofuel is increasing day by day owing to rapid expansion in the automotive industry. The addition of denatured ethyl alcohol provides major advantages in terms of improved fuel economy and increased thermal efficiency. It also helps in cold starts during the winter season. These factors are boosting the consumption of denatured ethyl alcohol, thereby driving the market.
Restraints of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market
- Lack of universal directives pertaining to applications of denatured ethyl alcohol is likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of denatured ethyl alcohol. Companies find it difficult to comply with these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the denatured ethyl alcohol market, thereby hampering the market.
- Lack of awareness and low rate of adoption of denatured ethyl alcohol in several developed and underdeveloped countries are also projected to restrain the market during the forecast period
COVID-19 Impact on Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market
- Key players operating in the global denatured ethyl alcohol market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these manufacturers are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Several players have halted their production output since the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these alcohols. Thus, the global denatured ethyl alcohol market is projected to contract in 2020.
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for denatured ethyl alcohol in several applications. Governments of various countries across the globe have enforced lockdowns as a measure to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This has resulted in the slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure issues. These are adversely affecting the demand for denatured ethyl alcohol.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market
- In terms of region, the global denatured ethyl alcohol market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific is projected to hold significant share of the global denatured ethyl alcohol market during the forecast period. End-user industries such as pharmaceutical, manufacturing, cosmetics & personal care, automobile are expanding at a rapid pace in the region. Rise in disposable income and improvement in standard of living in numerous countries in Asia Pacific are boosting the demand for cosmetics & personal care. This, in turn, is augmenting the demand for denatured ethyl alcohol in Asia Pacific.
- Rapid expansion of pharmaceutical and automobile industries in China, India, Vietnam, Singapore, and South Korea is expected to increase the consumption of denatured ethyl alcohol in these industries. This is anticipated to boost the market in these countries.
- The market in North America is also estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to presence of diverse industries in the U.S. and Canada coupled with changes in environmental regulations
- The market in Europe is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to presence of major market players coupled with easy availability of raw materials
Prominent Players operating in Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market
Major players operating in the global denatured ethyl alcohol market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include:
- Valero Energy Corporation
- Big River Resources
- Green Plains Renewable Energy
- Abengoa Bioenergy
- Flint Hills Resources
- Pacific Ethanol
Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market Research Scope
Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market, by Type
- Specially Denatured Ethyl Alcohol
- Completely Denatured Ethyl Alcohol
Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Market, by Application
- Cleaners & Solvents
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.