Global Composite Preforms Market: Overview
- Composite preforms are reshaped fiber forms. These fibers are manufactured in different dimensions based on the required thickness to meet specific structural and mechanical requirements.
- Composite preforms are widely used in the manufacture of parts of commercial aircraft, such as fan blades, and high-performance parts in the automotive industry
- Composite preforms possess excellent resistance to layer delamination, high formability, and highly porous structure. Composite preforms are ideal materials for use in the improvement of energy efficiency and reduction in carbon emissions in various end-use applications.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Key Drivers of Global Composite Preforms Market
- Growing consumption of composite materials in automotive, marine, and medical industries and rising demand for composite preforms for use in the production of complex structures are key factors driving the global composite preforms market
- Growth of the aerospace & defense industry is driving the demand for composite preforms. Composite preforms are widely used in the aircraft industry to manufacture turbofan engine applications such as fan blades.
- Composite preforms are preferred for mass production of fuel-efficient vehicles with highly efficient designs. These materials have damage tolerance properties and they offer high mechanical performance.
- Growing energy consumption across the globe results in rising number of regulations about energy efficiency. This is anticipated to boost the demand for composite preforms in various end-use industries in the next few years. High energy consumption by conventional materials, such as aluminum, steel, and iron, is responsible for carbon emissions in large amounts, which causes greenhouse effect and raises the global temperature. Composite preforms are employed to minimize energy consumption and to reduce carbon emissions.
- Research agencies including NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration), ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization), and ESA (European Space Agency) are focusing on R&D activities to develop high-efficiency materials. This is estimated to offer immense opportunities to the global composite preforms market during the forecast period.
- Stringent regulations and inability of certain composites to fulfill technical requirements is expected to hamper the global composite preforms market between 2019 and 2027
Carbon Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on fiber type, the global composite preforms market can be classified into carbon, glass, and others
- The carbon segment is anticipated to dominate the global composite preforms market between 2019 and 2027 and it is expected to register the maximum growth rate during the forecast period. Carbon-based composite preforms are light in weight and they offer high strength, due to which they are preferred.
- Carbon-based composite preforms are likely to gain significant momentum in emerging markets in the next few years, due to increasing demand from the automotive industry
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Three-D Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on structure type, the global composite preforms market can be classified into one-D, two-D, and three-D
- The three-D segment is anticipated to dominate the global composite preforms market, followed by two-D segment, during the forecast period
- Three-D composite preforms are made from tows or yarns. These yarns are arranged in a three-D structure by using the 3D braiding/weaving process.
Significant Opportunity in Aerospace & Defense Segment
- Based on end-use industry, the global composite preforms market can be divided into aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer goods, infrastructure, marine, medical, and others
- Aerospace & defense is expected to be the leading segment of the global composite preforms market during the forecast period, followed by automotive and infrastructure segments. The automotive segment is anticipated to register the maximum growth rate between 2019 and 2027.
- Growth of automotive and aerospace & defense industries can be attributed to the increasing demand for manufacture of complex structures and reduction in the part cycle time
North America to be a Key Market for Composite Preforms
- In terms of region, the global composite preforms market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to be the leading market for composite preforms during the forecast period, due to presence of key manufacturers of composite preforms and turbofan engine OEMs in the region
- The composite preforms market in Europe is likely to expand rapidly from 2019 to 2027, due to rising production of aircraft such as A350WXB and A320 in the region
- A350WXB is manufactured by using advanced materials that contain 53% of carbon composites. Composites are ideal for use in the production of efficient, lighter, and cost-efficient aircraft. They also reduce costs incurred for maintenance of aircraft.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global composite preforms market is dominated by a few major players and it was fragmented in 2018. Expansion, new product launches, partnerships, and development of new technologies are key strategies adopted by major players to gain higher market share in the global composite preforms market.
Key manufacturers operating in the global composite preforms market include:
- A&P Technology Inc.
- Hexcel Corporation
- Hexion Inc.
- Strongwell Corporation
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Teijin Limited
- DAIB Group
- Celanese Corporation
- IDI Composites
- Bally Ribbon Mills Inc.
- SGL Kumpers GmbH
- Sigmatex Limited
- Link Composites Pvt. Ltd.
- Albany Engineered Composites Inc.
Global Composite Preforms Market: Research Scope
Global Composite Preforms Market, by Fiber Type
- Others (Including Aramid and Cellulosic)
Global Composite Preforms Market, by Structure
Global Composite Preforms Market, by Application
- Consumer Goods
- Aerospace & Defense
Global Composite Preforms Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.