Coarse Sun Sensor Market: Introduction
- A coarse sun sensor is a device that provides coarse information about position of the sun with respect to a spacecraft. This information is used by spacecraft for the maneuvering operation.
- Course sun sensors are designed for use in applications requiring sun sensors. These devices are inexpensive, small in size, and low in weight and hence, they can be easily installed in the compact space of a spacecraft.
- Coarse sun sensors are designed to provide attitude determination information during various space operation modes such as initial attitude acquisition, launch vehicle separation, and off-nominal modes
- Coarse sun sensors are used in applications such as solar array pointing, sun acquisition, and fail-safe recovery
Rise in Demand for Coarse Sun Sensors for Use in Aerospace Applications
- Coarse sun sensors are largely used in aerospace applications, as they provide information about position of the sun to spacecraft
- A coarse sun sensor is a highly reliable, self-redundant, and rugged device designed to detect the sunlight during a spacecraft mission
- These sensors are designed to provide the detector’s output to the attitude and orbit control subsystem (AOCS), which enables the AOCS to determine the accurate position of the sun in the hemispherical field of view
- Coarse sun sensors are deployed in spacecraft for various applications such as planetary orbit, interplanetary orbit, geostationary equatorial orbit (GEO), low-earth orbit (LEO), medium-earth orbit, and highly elliptical orbit (HEO) to obtain accurate information about position of the sun. As a result of this, the demand for coarse sun sensors for use in aerospace applications is increasing. This is expected to drive the global coarse sun sensor market at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Coarse Sun Sensor Pyramid Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Coarse sun sensor pyramids are significantly used in spacecraft, as they provide two axes of analog sun angle and sun presence data. Additionally, coarse sun sensor pyramids are easy to install in spacecraft in any desired shape, owing to which the demand of coarse sun sensor pyramids is expected to rise in the next few years.
- However, coarse sun sensors are less accurate than fine sun sensors. A fine sun sensor is technologically more advanced. This is expected to restrain the global coarse sun sensor market during the forecast period.
North America to Lead Global Coarse Sun Sensor Market
- In terms of region, the global coarse sun sensor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global coarse sun sensor market throughout the forecast period, owing to increase in technological advancements in the aerospace industry in the region
- The coarse sun sensor market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. However, the market in South America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Coarse Sun Sensor Market
The global coarse sun sensor market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for coarse sun sensors. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Key players operating in the global coarse sun sensor market are:
- Adcole Corporation
- Space Micro
- Solar MEMS Technologies S.L.
Global Coarse Sun Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Coarse Sun Sensor Market, by Type
- Coarse Sun Sensor Pyramid
- Coarse Analog Sun Sensor
- Coarse Sun Sensor Detector
Global Coarse Sun Sensor Market, by Application
- Solar Array Pointing
- Sun Acquisition
- Failsafe Recovery
Global Coarse Sun Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.