Cellular Confinement Systems Market: Introduction
- Cellular confinement systems were first developed by the U.S. Army in the 1970s in order to construct roads and airstrips on soft soil and under wet weather conditions. These systems are also known as geocells.
- Cellular confinement systems are three-dimensional mats that resemble a honey comb structure and are made of high density polyethylene, polypropylene, polyester or other polymeric alloys. Geocells are mainly used in the construction sector in the areas related to earth reinforcement, slope protection, channel protection, load support, and tree root protection.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Cellular Confinement Systems Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Cellular Confinement Systems Market:
- High growth in construction & infrastructure sector across the globe and increasing urbanization in some developing countries are major drivers for the expansion of the cellular confinement systems market. Most of the developed countries have enacted regulations regarding erosion control and sustainable infrastructure development. Such guidelines and initiatives are boosting the cellular confinement systems market.
- Increasing utilization of cellular confinement systems for water conservation projects, growing demand for polyester and polymeric alloy based cellular confinement systems, and development of nano-fibre based and lightweight cellular confinement systems are additional factors that drive the market
- Low awareness regarding cellular confinement systems amongst infrastructure developers in emerging economies such as India, Indonesia, and Brazil, hinders the market. Furthermore, availability of substitute products such as geo-grids and geo-membranes restrains the global cellular confinement systems market.
High Density Polyethylene Segment and Earth Reinforcement Application Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities:
- The global cellular confinement systems market can be segmented in terms of material, applications, and region
- Based on material, the market can be divided into high density polyethylene (HDPE), polypropylene, polyester, and other materials. The HDPE material segment of the market is projected to grow at a fast CAGR during the forecast period mainly due to its performance and outstanding characteristics such as chemical resistance, aging resistance from powerful stresses of weather, ultraviolet protection, high durability, and inherent flexibility.
- In terms of application, the global cellular confinement systems market can be classified into earth reinforcement, slope protection, railways & roadways, and others. In terms of application, the earth reinforcement segment accounted for major market share in 2018. In terms of revenue, railways & roadways segment is expected to contribute significantly during the forecast period. Growing need for connecting various cities, towns, and villages is expected to boost the railways and roadways sector, which in turn, is expected to propel the market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Cellular Confinement Systems Market here
North America Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Cellular Confinement Systems Market:
- Based on region, the global cellular confinement systems market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global market in 2018. This trend is estimated to continue during the forecast period owing to strict government policies & regulations and rapidly growing infrastructure. The U.S. is a key consumer of cellular confinement systems in the North America region
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period owing to increasing demand for cellular confinement systems in various developing countries including India, China, and Malaysia mainly due to increasing activities in construction & infrastructure sector.
- Europe is expected to grow at a steady CAGR during the forecast period owing to swift industrial development and regulations from the government. Furthermore, the Middle East & Africa region is expected to contribute significantly during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Market:
The global cellular confinement systems market is highly concentrated, with the top players accounting for approximately 40%–45% share of the market. A few key players operating in the global cellular confinement systems market are:
- Strata Systems
- PRS Geo-Technologies
- Presto Geosystems
- Koninklijke Ten Cate B.V.
- TMP Geosynthetics
- Terram Geosynthetics
- BOSTD Geosynthetics Qingdao
- GEO Products, LLC
- In May 2016, TERRAM, a leading geosynthetics brand, has enhanced its Geocell range, launching a new pre-design software tool to help users select the correct product for erosion control and retaining walls. If the users inputs application information into the user friendly pre-design tool, it would provide the product code and pin density needed to ensure a stable structure or the correct product to build a retaining wall.
Global Cellular Confinement Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Cellular Confinement Systems Market, by Material
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
Global Cellular Confinement Systems Market, by Application
- Earth Reinforcement
- Slope Protection
- Railways & Roadways
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.