Cellular Confinement Systems Market: Introduction
- Cellular confinement systems were first developed by the U.S. Army in the 1970s in order to construct roads and airstrips on soft soil and under wet weather conditions. These systems are also known as geocells.
- Cellular confinement systems are three-dimensional mats that resemble a honey comb structure and are made of high density polyethylene, polypropylene, polyester or other polymeric alloys. Geocells are mainly used in the construction sector in the areas related to earth reinforcement, slope protection, channel protection, load support, and tree root protection.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Cellular Confinement Systems Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Cellular Confinement Systems Market:
- High growth in construction & infrastructure sector across the globe and increasing urbanization in some developing countries are major drivers for the expansion of the cellular confinement systems market. Most of the developed countries have enacted regulations regarding erosion control and sustainable infrastructure development. Such guidelines and initiatives are boosting the cellular confinement systems market.
- Increasing utilization of cellular confinement systems for water conservation projects, growing demand for polyester and polymeric alloy based cellular confinement systems, and development of nano-fibre based and lightweight cellular confinement systems are additional factors that drive the market
- Low awareness regarding cellular confinement systems amongst infrastructure developers in emerging economies such as India, Indonesia, and Brazil, hinders the market. Furthermore, availability of substitute products such as geo-grids and geo-membranes restrains the global cellular confinement systems market.
High Density Polyethylene Segment and Earth Reinforcement Application Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities:
- The global cellular confinement systems market can be segmented in terms of material, applications, and region
- Based on material, the market can be divided into high density polyethylene (HDPE), polypropylene, polyester, and other materials. The HDPE material segment of the market is projected to grow at a fast CAGR during the forecast period mainly due to its performance and outstanding characteristics such as chemical resistance, aging resistance from powerful stresses of weather, ultraviolet protection, high durability, and inherent flexibility.
- In terms of application, the global cellular confinement systems market can be classified into earth reinforcement, slope protection, railways & roadways, and others. In terms of application, the earth reinforcement segment accounted for major market share in 2018. In terms of revenue, railways & roadways segment is expected to contribute significantly during the forecast period. Growing need for connecting various cities, towns, and villages is expected to boost the railways and roadways sector, which in turn, is expected to propel the market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Cellular Confinement Systems Market here
North America Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Cellular Confinement Systems Market:
- Based on region, the global cellular confinement systems market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global market in 2018. This trend is estimated to continue during the forecast period owing to strict government policies & regulations and rapidly growing infrastructure. The U.S. is a key consumer of cellular confinement systems in the North America region
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period owing to increasing demand for cellular confinement systems in various developing countries including India, China, and Malaysia mainly due to increasing activities in construction & infrastructure sector.
- Europe is expected to grow at a steady CAGR during the forecast period owing to swift industrial development and regulations from the government. Furthermore, the Middle East & Africa region is expected to contribute significantly during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Market:
The global cellular confinement systems market is highly concentrated, with the top players accounting for approximately 40%–45% share of the market. A few key players operating in the global cellular confinement systems market are:
- Strata Systems
- PRS Geo-Technologies
- Presto Geosystems
- Koninklijke Ten Cate B.V.
- TMP Geosynthetics
- Terram Geosynthetics
- BOSTD Geosynthetics Qingdao
- GEO Products, LLC
- In May 2016, TERRAM, a leading geosynthetics brand, has enhanced its Geocell range, launching a new pre-design software tool to help users select the correct product for erosion control and retaining walls. If the users inputs application information into the user friendly pre-design tool, it would provide the product code and pin density needed to ensure a stable structure or the correct product to build a retaining wall.
Global Cellular Confinement Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Cellular Confinement Systems Market, by Material
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
Global Cellular Confinement Systems Market, by Application
- Earth Reinforcement
- Slope Protection
- Railways & Roadways
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.