Bias Tee: Introduction
- Bias tee is the type of diplexer that serves an important role when you want to supply DC currents or voltages to RF devices.
- Bias tees combine low frequency (DC) and high frequency (RF) signals into a common port (RF+DC). The low frequency port is utilized to set the bias and the high frequency port passes the radio frequency signals but blocks the biasing levels.
- A bias tee is a three-port network used for setting the DC bias point of some electronic components without disturbing other components
- Excessive usage of bias tees in military and space activities is anticipated to propel the global bias tee market
Rise in Demand from Aerospace and Defense Industry
- In terms of end-use industry, the aerospace and defense segment of the bias tee market is expected expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to an increase in demand for bias tee from the aerospace and defense industry
- In RF and microwave designs, frequency mixing is a highly critical section in the signal chain. Bias tees are utilized in diverse RF/microwave applications, including military radar, cellular base stations, electronic warfare, C4ISR, Missile Defense, CNI, space applications, manned/unmanned military aircraft, and ship-to-ship communications
- Moreover, RF designers are working with more advanced applications that need frequency-mixing solutions that are customized for each application, optimized for performance, and support the common platform-based designs, thus offering a lucrative opportunity for the bias tee market.
- Mostly, bias tees are used with active devices that are also remote, such as a satellite dish. Bias tees reduce the number of cables that are required by allowing the active device to receive signal and power over one set of cables instead of two.
- Volatility in price of raw materials of bias tee and the presence of limited quality cheap products in the market are major factors restraining the global bias tee market
North America to Lead Bias Tee Market
- In terms of region, the global bias tee market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The bias tee market in North America is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to a rise in the demand for bias tees from the aerospace and defense industry
- Defense forces of countries in North America are involved in the development of technologically advanced bias tees systems, which is expected to fuel the demand for bias tee during the forecast period
- Well-established and prominent manufacturers of bias tee in the region have a large customer base in North America including Lockheed Martin (US), Northrop Grumman (US), L3Harris Technologies, Inc. (US), and Raytheon (US)
- Rapid industrialization, increase in space activities, expansion of manufacturing activities, and the presence of a large number of bias tee manufacturing companies also propels the bias tee market in North America
- The bias tee market in Asia Pacific and Europe is likely to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to an increase in demand for bias tees from countries in Western Europe. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Bias Tee Market
The global bias tee market was highly fragmented in 2020. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to cater to the rising demand for bias tees. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global bias tee market are:
- API Technologies
- Atlantic Microwave Ltd
- Clear Microwave
- ETL Systems Ltd
- Fairview Microwave
- JFW Industries Inc
- Marki Microwave, Inc.
- L-3 Narda-ATM
- Maury Microwave Corporation.
- MC2 Technologies
Global Bias Tee Market: Research Scope
Global Bias Tee Market, by Type
- DC to 3 GHz
- DC to 6 GHz
- 5 to 10 GHz
Global Bias Tee Market, by Application
- Military Radar
- Cellular Base Stations,
- Electronic Warfare
- Missile Defense
- Military Aircrafts
- Ship-To-Ship Communications
Global Bias Tee Market, by End-use Industry
- IT and Telecommunication
- Aerospace and Defense
- Electronics Industry
Global Bias Tee Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!