Beta Thalassemia Testing Market: Introduction
- Beta thalassemia is a condition in which the production of hemoglobin reduces. Hemoglobin is the iron-containing protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen to cells throughout the body. Risk factors associated with thalassemia are family history and ancestry. The types of beta thalassemia depends on the severity. Beta thalassemia minor is also called beta thalassemia trait. People with beta thalassemia minor may have mild anemia; however, people with beta thalassemia intermedia have moderately severe anemia. People with Cooley's anemia, also called beta thalassemia major, experience severe symptoms and life-threatening anemia.
Key Drivers, Restrains and Opportunities of Global Beta Thalassemia Testing Market
- Beta thalassemia is relatively rare in the U.S., but one of the most common autosomal recessive disorders in the world. The estimated incidence is approximately 1 in 100,000 individuals in the general population. It is particularly prevalent in Middle East, Africa, Indian subcontinent, and the Mediterranean. Thus, an increase in incidence of beta thalassemia is likely to augment the market.
- Surge in adoption of advanced technologies for early diagnosis and treatment leading to increasing number of diagnostics tests conducted in private and public laboratories is a key factor boosting the demand for tests and subsequently, driving the market
- However, stringent government regulations hamper the beta thalassemia testing market
- Governments in developing countries are making significant investments toward modernization of healthcare infrastructure and the lifescience industry, which is likely to increase access to healthcare. This is expected to increase the demand for advance technologies. Furthermore, governments and non-government organizations are taking initiatives to increase public awareness and support screening and early detection in developing regions. This leads to an increase in the popularity of testing for diagnosis and consequently, offers significant opportunities in the market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Beta Thalassemia Testing Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global beta thalassemia testing market. Expansion of the market in the region is attributed to the presence of key market players and well-established healthcare infrastructure in the region.
- The beta thalassemia testing market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Surge in awareness regarding the early diagnosis and increase in numbers of cases with beta thalassemia are major factors that are likely to augment the market. For instance, according to an article published in Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care, a study conducted in 2019, predominance of β-thalassemia minor (carriers) in India was between 3% and 8%.
Key Players Operating in Global Beta Thalassemia Testing Market
The global beta thalassemia testing market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global beta thalassemia testing market.
Major players operating in the global beta thalassemia testing market are:
- 3B BlackBio Biotech India Limited
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- ViennaLab Diagnostics
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- BioMedomics, Inc.
- Asper Biogene
- Tosoh Bioscience, Inc.
Global Beta Thalassemia Testing Market: Research Scope
Global Beta Thalassemia Testing Market, by Product
Global Beta Thalassemia Testing Market, by Technology
- Prenatal diagnosis
- Complete Blood Count
- DNA Testing
Global Beta Thalassemia Testing Market, by Type
- Thalassemia Major
- Thalassemia Intermedia
Global Beta Thalassemia Testing Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Specialty Clinics
- Diagnostics Centers
Global Beta Thalassemia Testing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.