Automatic Backwashing Filters Market - Introduction
- Backwashing filtration is a process of pumping water backward through filter media. Backwashing is a type of preventive maintenance of filter media so that it can be reused.
- The automatic backwashing filtration process runs by local programmable logic controllers (PLCs) in water treatment plants.
- An automatic backwashing filtration process is done to detect, eradicate, and avoid contamination of mycoplasma in cell culture.
- Automated backwashing filtration is a periodic process which is initiated after a certain time interval when the differential pressure across the filter surpasses a set value or when the filter overflows with turbidity which is greater than a treatment guideline. These filters are essential for bio-therapeutic and vaccine manufacturing, as well as biologics produced for clinical research.
- The global automated backwashing filters market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to increase in demand for automated backwashing in different industries such as agriculture, water and wastewater management, and steel industry.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Automatic Backwashing Filters Market: Dynamics
Global Automatic Backwashing Filters Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Automatic backwashing filters consume less water, which is a major factor anticipated to propel the automatic backwashing filters market in the next few years. This is primarily because these filters have a drain valve which has backwashing capacity and it consumes less water. Thus, backwashing filtration ensures low water consumption during the process.
- Automatic backwashing filters are equipped with different sets of meshed screens that increase the filtration process, which is a key factor contributing to the growth of the global automatic backwashing filters market.
- In addition, automatic backwashing filters require fractional horsepower (FHP) motors which absorb minimum energy. Also, the initial head loss or differential pressure is minimal for automatic backwashing filters as compared to media filters. Therefore, automatic backwashing filters consume less water and minimum energy, which is a key factor contributing to the growth of the global automatic backwashing filters market in the forthcoming years.
- Increase in energy consumption, growth in energy demand, and growing population shift from rural to urban areas are some of the major factors expected to boost the market across the globe.
Slow Growth of Mining Industry a Major Threat to the Automatic Backwashing Filters Market
- Mining industry is one of the major end-users of automatic backwashing filters. The mining industry has witnessed an abrupt decline in the process of minerals. This is expected to adversely impact the adoption of automatic backwashing filters among users, thereby hindering the growth of the market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Automatic Backwashing Filters Market
- In terms of region, the global automatic backwashing filters market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness significantly high demand for automatic backwashing filters during the forecast period. Major developing countries such as China and India are expected to fuel the market in the region.
- Increasing population, rapid growth in the manufacturing sector, urbanization, and industrial growth are some of the major factors influencing the demand for automatic backwashing filters in the region.
- Furthermore, increasing energy demand across Europe and stringent government regulations to save energy is anticipated to propel the automatic backwashing filters market in the region.
Automatic Backwashing Filters Market – Competitive Landscape
Established in 1969, Danaher Corporation is headquartered in Washington, D.C., the U.S. Danaher operates as a medical company, which designs, manufactures, and markets professional, medical, industrial, and commercial products and services. It operates through the following segments: Dental, Diagnostics, Life Sciences, and Environmental & Applied Solutions. Danaher operates across the Americas, Asia Pacific, and Europe through a network of manufacturing, administrative, and distribution facilities.
Amiad Water Systems Ltd.
Established in 1918, Amiad Water Systems Ltd. is based in Kibbutz Amiad, Israel. The company is involved in providing water treatment filtration systems. Amiad operates through the following business segments: industrial, irrigation, oil & gas, municipal, and ballast water. The compnay’s products list include fertigation injectors and automatic, semi-automatic, and manual filters. Amiad distributes its products under the Amiad, Filtomat and Arkal brands.
Some of the other significant players in the automatic backwashing filters market are
- 3M Company
- Lenzing Technik GmbH
- Applied Membranes, Inc.
- Hydrotec Solutions Pvt Ltd.
- BWT Group
- Aqua-Aerobic Systems, Inc.
- PEP Filters
- Suez SA
- Eaton Corporation Inc.
Automatic Backwashing Filters Market –Segmentation
Automatic Backwashing Filters Market Segmentation – By Product
- 01mm (Filtration Accuracy)
- 025mm (Filtration Accuracy)
- 03mm (Filtration Accuracy)
Automatic Backwashing Filters Market Segmentation – By Application
- Water and Wastewater Management
- Steel Industry
- Pulp & Paper
- Petrochemical Industry
- Automotive Industry
Automatic Backwashing Filters Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.