Global Asphalt Overlay Fabric Market: Introduction
- Asphalt overlay fabric is a type of geotextile manufactured from various types of materials such as polypropylene fabric, polyester fabric, and fiberglass fabric
- Asphalt overlay fabric is a specialized asphalt mix used as overlay to improve performance and hold asphaltic cement tack coat. It can withstand extreme environmental conditions such as high temperatures. Asphalt overlay fabric offers various properties such as moisture sealing and waterproofing, stress relief, and improved bonding. It also possesses stress-relieving interlayer function.
- Asphalt overlay fabric is used in various applications. It offers better puncture resistance, high strength, and flexibility at low temperature. Additionally, it is easy to install and requires low maintenance.
Rise in Highway Construction to Drive Global Asphalt Overlay Fabric Market
- Increase in urbanization, and rise in highway recreational and refurbishment activities are driving the demand for asphalt overlay fabric
- Increase in investment in infrastructure, and rise in roadway connectivity in developing countries such as India, China, and Brazil are boosting the global asphalt overlay fabric market
- Regional governments are increasingly investing in roadway development and implementation of innovative maintenance techniques. Increase in projects for development of new freeways & highways is anticipated to offer growth opportunities for manufacturers of asphalt overlay fabrics.
- Volatility in prices of raw materials and economic slowdown are estimated to adversely affect the global asphalt overlay fabric market in the near future
- Reproduction of reflective cracking from original pavement over asphalt overlay is the key factor responsible for the failure of asphalt overlay. The failure of asphalt overlay fabric application may hamper the market.
Polypropylene Fabric Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on material type, the global asphalt overlay fabric market can be segmented into polypropylene fabric, polyester fabric, fiberglass fabric, and others
- The polypropylene fabric segment is anticipated to account for prominent share of the market during the forecast period. The polyester fabric segment is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- Asphalt overlay fabric is manufactured with the use of various types of fabrics. It helps provide a level surface in roadways and highways.
Highways Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on application, the global asphalt overlay fabric market can be segmented into highways, airport runways & taxiways, city streets, and others
- The highways segment is anticipated to account for prominent share of the market during the forecast period
- Asphalt overlay fabric is a widely used for maintenance of highways and other roadways. Highways and roads are prone to extreme weather conditions during summer, winter, and rainy season. This is driving the demand for asphalt overlay fabrics in various countries in the world.
- Governments of various countries in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are investing significantly in road infrastructure and maintenance activities. This is anticipated to create opportunities for manufacturers of asphalt overlay fabrics.
North America to Offer Lucrative Opportunities to Asphalt Overlay Fabric Market
- In terms of region, the global asphalt overlay fabric market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is estimated to account for prominent share of the global asphalt overlay fabric market. It is projected to be followed by Europe. The U.S. is likely to hold key share of the market in North America during the forecast period. North America and Europe possess a vast road and highway infrastructure that requires large-scale maintenance activities.
- Rise in roadway construction and urbanization are driving the asphalt overlay fabric market in Asia Pacific. This, in turn, is boosting the demand for asphalt overlay fabric in the region.
- Latin America offers significant potential to the asphalt overlay fabric market owing to the increase in focus on infrastructure development in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global asphalt overlay fabric market is fragmented, with the presence of several regional and global manufacturers. Prominent players operating in the market are investing in mergers, acquisitions, expansion, and new product launches in order to maintain their position.
Key players operating in the global asphalt overlay fabric market include:
- Propex Operating Company, LLC.
- Fibertex Nonwovens A/S
Global Asphalt Overlay Fabric Market: Research Scope
Global Asphalt Overlay Fabric Market, by Material Type
- Polypropylene Fabric
- Polyester Fabric
- Fiberglass Fabric
- Others (PE Fabric, etc.)
Global Asphalt Overlay Fabric Market, by Application
- Airport Runways & Taxiways
- City Streets
- Others (Bridge Decks, Parking Decks, Tennis & Basketball Courts, etc.)
Global Asphalt Overlay Fabric Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!