Anti-Surge Valves Systems: Introduction
- Anti-surge valve is a protection valve used for various types of controllers such as gas turbines and steam turbines.
- Upstream, midstream, and downstream oil & gas industries primarily account for demand for anti-surge valves.
- Anti-surge valves have the ability to deliver accurate control without over?shoot and respond quickly to avoid compressor surge.
- Based on actuation, there are three types of anti-surge valves: pneumatic, hydraulic, and electric.
- Manufacturers of anti-surge valves provide two types of services to their customers: testing & certification and installation & maintenance.
- Anti-surge valves are used in various applications such as gas production (separation & reinjection); compressed gas storage & transmission (hydrogen, ammonia, natural gas, and air); liquefied natural gas (LNG); olefins; floating production storage and offloading (FPSO); and chemical/fertilizer plant.
- The global anti-surge valves market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to the increase in demand for these protection systems in industries such as upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Anti-Surge Valves Market: Dynamics
Global Anti-Surge Valves Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Anti-surge valves are used to decrease suction pressure of compressor and protect gas temperature, which increases due to friction of reversed gases. These features are expected to boost the demand for anti-surge valves during the forecast period.
- Rise in usage of steam turbines in end-use industries has fueled the demand for anti-surge valves across the world, as anti-surge valves are used to control the valve when steam consumption reaches at the maximum level.
- Growth in demand for anti-surge valves in upstream, midstream, and downstream oil & gas industries is one of the major factors driving the global anti-surge valves market
- Increase in blockage in a certain stage of compressor is anticipated to fuel the global market for anti-surge valves in the next few years. Anti-surge valve used to protect the compressor from blockage, whereas blockage can cause hazard effects on compressor performance and. The cost of replacing compressor seals stands at US$ 20 thousand to US$ 50 thousand.
- Anti-surge valve increase plant availability and reduce maintenance and downtime, hence projected to boost the market in the forthcoming near future.
- Anti-surge valves generate high valve noise and high vibration. This is expected to hamper the global anti-surge valves market in the next few years.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Anti-Surge Valves Market
- In terms of region, the global anti-surge valves market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America held the leading share of the global anti-surge valves market in 2018. It is projected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period. The U.S. is a key country of the anti-surge valves market in North America, led by the presence of well-established manufacturers in the country. Europe also accounted for important share of the global anti-surge valves market in 2018.
- The anti-surge valves market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the presence of large number of upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas companies in the region
Global Anti-Surge Valves Market: Competition Landscape
Key Players Operating in Global Anti-Surge Valves Market
A few local, regional, and international players operate in the global anti-surge valves market. Thus, the global anti-surge valves market is consolidated and the bargaining power of suppliers is high. The degree of competition among market players is also high. Anti-surge valve manufacturers focus on portfolio expansion and product differentiation. Manufacturers of anti-surge valves are adopting key strategies of new product development and acquisition. Prominent players operating in the global anti-surge valves market are:
- General Electric Company (Baker Hughes)
- Compressor Controls Corporation
- Emerson Electric Co.
- IMI Critical Engineering
- kmo turbo GmbH
- KOSO Kent Introl Limited
- Metso Corporation
- MOGAS Industries, Inc
- Mokveld Valves B.V
- SAMSON Controls Inc.
- Schneider Electric
Global Anti-Surge Valves Market: Research Scope
Global Anti-Surge Valves Market, by Actuation
Global Anti-Surge Valves Market, by Services
- Testing & Certification
- Installation & Maintenance
Global Anti-Surge Valves Market, by Application
- Gas Production (Separation & Reinjection)
- Compressed Gas Storage & Transmission (Hydrogen, Ammonia, Natural Gas, and Air)
- Chemical/Fertilizer Plant
Global Anti-Surge Valves Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.