Anisyl Alcohol Market: Overview
- Anisyl alcohol (CH3OC6H4CH2OH) or 4-methoxybenzylÂ alcohol is an organic compound with hawthorn-like odor
- It is a colorless to pale yellow organic liquid that is used as a fragrance and flavoring agent. Anisyl alcohol occurs naturally. It is also produced by reduction of anisaldehyde.
- Anisyl alcohol is used as a fragrance ingredient in production of perfumes, aroma chemicals, skin care products, and various other cosmetics. Additionally, it is used as flavor ingredient in food and beverages.
Rise in Demand for Perfumery Products to Drive Anisyl Alcohol market
- Growth in the cosmetics & personal care industry due to changing lifestyle of the people, urbanization, and rise in per capita disposable income is estimated to boost the anisyl alcohol market during the forecast period
- Increase in awareness about personal grooming as well as rise in demand for exotic and luxury fragrance and perfumery products in developing economies such as China, India, and Brazil are expected to drive the demand for anisyl alcohol during the forecast period
- Volatility in prices of raw materials such as fine chemicals used to produce anisyl alcohol due to supply shortages owing to the industrial shutdown triggered by the COVID 19 outbreak is projected to hamper the anisyl alcohol market. Disruption of supply of raw materials is also projected to hamper full-scale operations of companies.
- Supply shortage has also led to a rise in prices of raw material. Affected downstream supply chain might take longer to recover. The industrial shutdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic has also adversely impacted product and inventory transportation, as the logistic services have been hampered.
Natural Type Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on type, the global anisyl alcohol market can be bifurcated into natural and synthetic Natural is estimated to be a rapidly growing segment of the global anisyl alcohol market during the forecast period. Growth of the segment can be ascribed to the increase in demand for natural ingredients in food & beverages and cosmetics industries.
Cosmetics Grade Segment to Hold Major Share of Market
- Based on grade, the anisyl alcohol market can be divided into food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and others
- The cosmetics segment is expected to dominate the global anisyl alcohol market during the forecast period
- The food segment is anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities to the global anisyl alcohol market during the forecast period, led by the rise in demand for fragrance and flavoring agents in the food & beverages industry
Cosmetics & Personal Care End-use Segment to Constitute Key Share of Market
- Based on end-use, the anisyl alcohol market can be segregated into food & beverages, pharmaceutical, cosmetics & personal care, and others
- The cosmetics & personal care segment holds major share of the global anisyl alcohol market. It is followed by the food & beverages segment.
- The cosmetics & personal care segment is estimated to expand at a fast-paced CAGR during the forecast period
North America to Account for Large Share of Global Anisyl Alcohol Market
- In terms of region, the global anisyl alcohol market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific held major share of the global anisyl alcohol market in 2019. China dominated the anisyl alcohol market in Asia Pacific in 2019.
- Asia Pacific is estimated to offer lucrative opportunities to the anisyl alcohol market during the forecast period, owing to the growth in the food processing industry and increase in consumption of anisyl alcohol as a flavoring agent
- The anisyl alcohol market in North America is dominated by the U.S. due to the presence of well-established manufacturers and end-users in the country
Key Players in Market
The global anisyl alcohol market was moderately fragmented in 2019. Prominent players operating in the global anisyl alcohol market seek to enter into joint venture and partnership agreements for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global anisyl alcohol market include:
- Advanced Biotech
- ArrakisTek Inc.
- Atul Ltd
- Triveni Chemicals
- SURYA LIFE SCIENCES LTD.
- Manus Aktteva Biopharma LLP
- Pell Wall
- Sisco Research Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
Global Anisyl Alcohol Market: Research Scope
Global Anisyl Alcohol Market, by Type
Global Anisyl Alcohol Market, by Grade
- Others (Industrial, etc.)
Global Anisyl Alcohol Market, by End-use
- Food & Beverages
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Others (Paints & Coatings, Chemical Processing, etc.)
Global Anisyl Alcohol Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!