Amorphous-Semiconductor Devices: Introduction
- Amorphous is a metal alloy whose constituents primarily include iron, cobalt, and nickel and a metalloid or glass former such as silicon, boron, or carbon.
- Amorphous metal has a high degree of electrical conductivity, light-induced phenomena, and some optical properties which are very useful in semiconductor devices.
- The amorphous-semiconductor devices market is segmented based on material type (silicon, arsenic sulfide, selenium, tellurium, boron, and germanium), devices (solar cells, thin-film transistors, light sensors, optical memory devices, electrophotographic devices, x-ray image sensors, optical-fiber, and others), end-use industry (consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, healthcare, telecommunication, aerospace & defense, and others), and region.
Rise in Demand from Consumer Electronics Segment
- The consumer electronics segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment of the amorphous-semiconductor devices market during the forecast period.
- Rising disposal income and increasing urbanization is creating massive demand for regular and advanced consumer electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, PCs, smartwatches, refrigerators, washing machines, TVs, and other household electronic devices. These devices are made up of many amorphous-semiconductor devices which propels the growth of the market.
- Moreover, amorphous-semiconductors follow a light-induced phenomena. This property of amorphous-semiconductors boosts its demand in various photo-sensing electronic devices.
- The healthcare segment is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to the rising use of electronic devices in various healthcare applications. These days, various test kits are made of different amorphous-semiconductors such as sensors, diodes, IC’s, optics, and transistors.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Amorphous-Semiconductor Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global amorphous-semiconductor devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the amorphous-semiconductor devices market throughout the forecast period due to increasing industrialization, growing urbanization, and a rising electronics & telecommunications industry in the region.
- Moreover, the various end-use industries are generating substantial demand for new and advanced amorphous-semiconductor devices in the region, and the growing industrialization in major Asian countries such as China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and India boosts the amorphous-semiconductor devices market in the region.
- Furthermore, China is a major electronics hub and supplies various electric and semiconductor devices across the world, which also drives the demand for amorphous-semiconductor devices.
- The market in North America is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to rising investment in R&D activities. According to the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), the U.S. industry research & development expenditure on semiconductor materials is rapidly increasing.
- On the other hand, the amorphous-semiconductor devices market in Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Amorphous-Semiconductor Devices Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in the Global Amorphous-Semiconductor Devices Market
Major players operating in the global amorphous-semiconductor devices market are focusing on increasing their production capacities due to growing demand for amorphous-semiconductor devices. Key market players are emphasizing on several strategic initiatives to enhance their business and establish manufacturing facilities.
Key players operating in the global amorphous-semiconductor devices market are:
- Intel Corporation
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- ASE Technology Holding Co. Ltd.
- STMicroelectronics NV
- NXP Semiconductors NV
- Infineon Technologies AG
- ON Semiconductors
Global Amorphous-Semiconductor Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Amorphous-Semiconductor Devices Market, by Material Type
- Arsenic Sulfide
Global Amorphous-Semiconductor Devices Market, by Devices
- Solar Cells
- Thin-film Transistors
- Light Sensors
- Optical Memory Devices
- Electrophotographic Devices
- X-ray Image Sensors
Global Amorphous-Semiconductor Devices Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
Global Amorphous-Semiconductor Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.