COVID-19 Impact on Global Amine Catalyst Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has led to disturbance in the supply chain due to the global lockdown in several countries. Also, the spread of coronavirus has led to a fall in demand for chemical intermediates due to uncertainty in the global economy and capital markets.
- The growth of the amine catalyst market has been hampered due to the COVID-19 pandemic and nationwide lockdown of several non-essential activities and manufacturing facilities. However, the market is anticipated to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period due to the acceptance of new normal conditions and restart of various end-use industries in various countries.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Amine Catalyst Market
- Demand for amine catalyst is expected to increase at a significant pace during the forecast period as increase in automotive production leads to a rise in demand for amine materials. This is particularly due to their requirement in seat covers of vehicles, since they protect the leather from UV radiation and high temperatures. Amine is also used as coatings for various interior and exterior applications in the automotive industry. Additionally, increase in demand for lightweight vehicles has boosted automotive production, thus driving the demand for amine in the automotive sector.
- The market for amine catalyst has been expanding due to its multiple automotive applications
- However, offensive fish-like odor and high volatility are negatively affecting the amine catalyst market
Amine Catalyst Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the amine catalyst market can be divided into foam, adhesive and sealants, coating, elastomer, and others
- Among them, the foam segment dominates the amine catalyst market
- Tertiary amines, either alone or in combination with tin octoate, are most widely used catalysts in the manufacture of polyurethane foams.
- Foams are used in applications such as mattresses, furniture, and construction insulation, amongst other uses, while rigid foams are primarily used as insulating materials in refrigerators. Amine-based coatings consume a fairly large proportion of the amine by volume globally, as they are generally used as additives in paints, varnishes, and finishing coats to protect and seal wood. Their strong resistance to water, high humidity, extreme temperatures, and fungus make amine-based paints an ideal coating material for many wooden products. Strong demand for amine foams across the globe is expected to drive the amine catalyst market durng the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Global Amine Catalyst Market
- In terms of region, the amine catalyst market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global amine catalyst market, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is also the manufacturing and export hub for many products globally
- India and China alone manufacture approximately 50% of the world’s cars, and in turn, consume approximately 50% of the amine catalyst used for automobiles globally. Growth of the property market has also boosted furniture, mattress, and insulation industries, all of which rely heavily on amine as a key raw material.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Amine Catalyst Market
The amine catalyst market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the amine catalyst market include:
- BASF SE
- Covestro AG
- Elé Corporation
- Huntsman International LLC
- Kao Corporation
- Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
Amine Catalyst Market: Research Scope
Amine Catalyst Market, by Product Type
- Reactive Amine Catalyst
- Non-reactive Amine Catalyst
Amine Catalyst Market, by Application
- Adhesive and Sealant
Global Amine Catalyst Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Amine Catalyst Market: Introduction
- There are two types of amine catalysts: reactive amine catalysts and non-reactive amine catalysts
- Tertiary amines are the most common organic base catalysts in the synthesis of amine. One of the most commonly used tertiary amine catalyst is 1,4-diazobicyclo[2,2,2]octane (DABCO).
- It catalyzes isocyanate–polyol and isocyanate–water reactions. As bases, traditional amine catalysts include dimethylcyclohexylamine, dimethylethanolamine (DMEA), and bis-(2-dimethylaminoethyl) ether, a blowing catalyst also called A-99. A typical Lewis acidic catalyst is dibutyltin dilaurate.
- Tertiary amine catalysts function by enhancing the nucleophilicity of the diol component. Amine catalysts are used to control and/or balance both the gelling reaction and the gas-forming or foaming reaction responsible for foam formation.
- Amine catalyst plays a significant role in the manufacture of polyurethane foam
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.