Global Aluminum Diethyl Phosphinate Market: Introduction
- Aluminum diethyl phosphinate, also known as DEPAL, is a halogen-free flame retardant based on diethyl phosphinate. Aluminum diethyl phosphinate is primarily used in manufacture of flame retardants to enhance the fire performance of phenolic resin.
- It is an organophosphorus salt, which functions as a flame retardant for polymeric materials including polyamides, polyesters, and thermoset resins. Aluminum diethyl phosphinate is manufactured and traded by Clariant AG under the following trade names: Exolit OP 1230, Exolit OP 1240, Exolit OP 930, Exolit OP 935, and Exolit OP 945.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Properties of Aluminum Diethyl Phosphinate to Drive Market
- Properties of aluminum diethyl phosphinate including high thermal stability, non-toxicicity, low smoke, and high dispersion ability make it an ideal material for manufacture of flame retardants. Additionally, aluminum diethyl phosphinate exhibits excellent temperature stability. This makes it a material of choice for formulation of polyamides.
- According to the World Health Organization, around 180, 000 deaths occur each year across the globe due to fire. According to the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation’s Global Burden of Disease study, the annual number of deaths due to fire, heat, and hot substances stood at 100,000 in 2017. Furthermore, growth in demand for phosphorus-based flame retardant polymers owing to rise in stringent regulations and specifications in fire protection in application areas including electrical & electronics, automotive & transportation, and textiles, is expected to boost the demand for aluminum diethyl phosphinate in the near future. Aluminum diethyl phosphinate offers high temperature stability and low-smoking ability. This is likely to drive its demand in the manufacture of flame retardants for applications such as electronics, automotive & transportation, and textiles.
- Rise in demand for aluminum diethyl phosphinate in the electrical & electronics sector for products such as cables and electric wires, cables insulation, electric connectors, and switches is anticipated to drive the demand for phosphorus-based flame retardants in the near future. Increase in need for risk-free electric and electronic components is driving the demand for aluminum diethyl phosphinate across the globe. Phosphorus-based flame retardants exhibit advantages such as high flame retardancy, good electric insulation, and good compatibility with electronic materials. This is projected to boost the demand for phosphorus-based flame retardants during the forecast period. In turn, this is expected to propel consumption of aluminum diethyl phosphinate.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
COVID-19 Impact on Global Aluminum Diethyl Phosphinate Market
- The global coronavirus outbreak is expected to pose severe challenges to the global aluminum diethyl phosphinate market. Aluminum diethyl phosphinate is primarily used in the manufacture of phosphorus-based flame retardants. Therefore, decline in sale of phosphorus-based flame retardants is expected to adversely affect the aluminum diethyl phosphinate market in the near future. Extension of the lockdown in various countries across the world has led to supply chain disruptions. Thus, in turn, is anticipated to hamper the market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Aluminum Diethyl Phosphinate Market
- Based on region, the global aluminum diethyl phosphinate market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific held major share of the global aluminum diethyl phosphinate in 2019. Increase in income of the middle class population and improvement in standard of living of the people have boosted the demand for aluminum diethyl phosphinate in Asia Pacific. Additionally, rise in steps taken by governmental agencies across the region to prevent fire accidents and increase in need to follow fire safety guidelines are estimated to boost the consumption of aluminum diethyl phosphinate in Asia Pacific in the near future.
- Producers such as Clariant AG operate across Europe. Clariant AG is primarily focusing on acquisition & merger of different manufacturers in order to expand its business domains across geographies. Furthermore, the company develops and manufactures aluminum diethyl phosphinate for fire safety solutions, which are used for insulation purposes in electrical & electronics and automotive & transportation sectors.
- A few distributors and producers of aluminum diethyl phosphinate operate in Latin America; therefore, the region relies on import from other countries in order to cater to the demand for aluminum diethyl phosphinate.
Key Players in Global Aluminum Diethyl Phosphinate Market
The global aluminum diethyl phosphinate market is highly consolidated. Major players operating in the global aluminum diethyl phosphinate market include:
- Clariant AG
- Zhenjiang Xingxing Flame Retardant Co., Ltd.
Global Aluminum Diethyl Phosphinate Market: Research Scope
Global Aluminum Diethyl Phosphinate Market, by Application
- Polybutylene Terephthalate
Global Aluminum Diethyl Phosphinate Market, by End-use
- Electrical & Electronics
- Automotive & Transportation
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!