Alkyl Succinic Anhydride (ASA): Introduction
- Alkyl Succinic Anhydride (ASA) is a fiber reactive nuclear sizing agent used in the paper industry. Sizing papers with ASA emulsions help impart water resistance by controlling their printing properties. ASA is an efficient sizing agent, especially suitable for environmental protection requirements. ASA cures kinetics, depending on the conversion to the ketone form of the compound, which occurs during the drying of the paper at high temperature.
- Traditional applications of ASA in the paper industry include emulsification, the mixing of emulsified ASA with an aqueous mixture that contains fibers, cellulosic fines, mineral particles, and other chemical agents. ASA emulsion particles adhere either to the fibers, cellulosic fines, or mineral surfaces in suspension during the manufacture of paper sheet.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Alkyl Succinic Anhydride (ASA) Market
- ASA is used in the form of emulsions in sizing of finer qualities of paper. In comparison to other acidic sizing agents such as gum rosin, ASA helps reduce machine breakdown and water recycling difficulties of the standard acidic paper manufacturing process.
- ASA also minimizes water absorption and enhances surface conditions of paper during a neutral paper manufacturing process. In the paper industry, ASA plays a significant role in minimizing the detrimental environmental impact of water contamination by facilitating the recycling of water in the paper production process. This is driving the demand for ASA in the paper industry.
- Growth in digitization and the resultant decrease in usage of paper is restraining the global ASA market
Global Alkyl Succinic Anhydride (ASA) Market: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global ASA market can be segmented into printing & writing papers, paperboards, newsprints, and others. ASA can be used to manufacture any type of paper.
- The ASA market optimizes parameters such as surface hydrophobicity, absorption of liquids, writability and printability, dimensional stability, and runnability of the manufacturing unit
Covid-19 Impact on Global Alkyl Succinic Anhydride (ASA) Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe has come to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the ASA market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Alkyl Succinic Anhydride (ASA) Market
- Based on geography, the global ASA market can be classified into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. The ASA market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a considerable pace due to rapid industrialization in developing economies in the region.
- Demand for ASA is increasing in Asia Pacific due to the rise in demand for paper in packaging applications in the e-retailer industry. Manufacture of these products is primarily concentrated in China, Japan, and India owing to low labor cost and easy availability of raw materials. Furthermore, various packaging manufacturers are establishing their base in various developing economies to reduce trading cost and increase their economies of scale. North America and Europe also held prominent share of the global ASA market in 2020.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Alkyl Succinic Anhydride (ASA) Market
Key players operating in the global ASA market include
- BASF SE
- Kemira Inc.
- Yanzhou Tiancheng Chemical
- Milliken Chemical
Global Alkyl Succinic Anhydride (ASA) Market: Research Scope
Global Alkyl Succinic Anhydride (ASA) Market, by Application
- Printing & Writing Papers
Global Alkyl Succinic Anhydride (ASA) Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.