Air Insulated Transformer Market: Overview
- Air insulated transformer, also known as dry type transformer, is a power transformer with windings encased in epoxy resins. It is easy to install compared to oil insulated or gas insulated transformer.
- The epoxy layer helps protect the transformer against corrosion and dust, and does not need to be placed in a fire-proof vault. Air insulated transformer can be mounted indoor or outdoor; hence, it is widely used in various applications.
- Air insulated transformer is a static device, which employs the eco-friendly temperature insulation system, i.e. air insulation
- Air insulated transformer offers major safety features. It is efficient and economical. Air insulated transformer has very low wear and maintenance vis-à-vis other types of transformers. Hence, it is commonly employed in industrial, utility, and commercial applications.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Air Insulated Transformer Market? Ask for the report brochure here
- Air insulated transformer functions convincingly in most ambient conditions, as it is also sealed with epoxy resin mixture. Under certain conditions, air insulated transformers are equipped with cast coil insulation system.
- Cast coil is used when additional protection and coil strength is needed. This is applicable when the air insulated transformer is installed in harsh environments such as chemical, cement, and outdoor installations where salt spray, dust, moisture, corrosive fumes, and small metal particles are present.
- Air insulated transformer’s insulation is divided into different classes depending upon working temperatures such as 220°C-Class R, 180°C-Class H, 155°C-Class F, 130°C-Class B, and 105°C-Class A
- According to ANSI/IEEE C57.96-1989, a guide for loading dry-type distribution and power transformers, air insulated transformer can have a lifespan of approximately 20 years
Key Driver of Air Insulated Transformer Market
- Low initial investment and low maintenance are expected to be the key drivers of the air insulated transformer market. These transformers are economical compared to gas and liquid insulated transformer. It is also low in maintenance. It does not carry the risk of oil seepage and gas leak from the oil & gas type insulated transformer.
Key Restraint of Air Insulated Transformer Market
- Air insulated transformers is suitable for low voltage and low power rating. Hence, there are limitations to its applications. It cannot be installed in high voltage applications. Therefore, the market is projected to expand at a steady pace in the near future.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Air Insulated Transformer Market
- Geographically, the global air insulated transformer market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for significant share of the global air insulated transformer market during the forecast period, due to the rise in investment in smart cities and grid technologies; and increase in number of data centers in information technology hubs and commercial institutes in the region
- Demand for electricity is high in Asia Pacific, as it is among the highly populated regions in the world. Rise in demand has boosted the investments in distribution and transmission sectors to the supply power via grids.
- Europe is likely to be a rapidly growing region of the global air insulated transformer market due to enactment of a number of government regulations and investments in renewable energy sources, which would further drive the grid infrastructure of the region
- The market in North America is projected to expand at healthy pace, owing to the high focus on renewable energy sources and applications of strict environmental laws by the government.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a slow pace during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Air Insulated Transformer Market here
Key Players Operating in the Air Insulated Transformer Market
Major companies operating in the global air insulated transformer market include:
- Kirloskar Electric Company
- ABC Transformers
- Olsun Electrics Corporation
- GBE S.p.A Stabilimento e sede legale
- VESTAS WIND SYSTEMS A/S
- SYNERGY TRANSFORMERS
- Pioneer Power Solutions
- HAMMOND POWER SOLUTIONS
Global Air Insulated Transformer Market: Research Scope
Global Air Insulated Transformer Market, by Transformer Type
- Open Wound Transformer
- Vacuum Pressure Impregnated (VPI)
- Vacuum Pressure Encapsulated (VPE)
- Cast Coil
Global Air Insulated Transformer Market, by Application
Global Air Insulated Transformer Market, by Installation
Global Air Insulated Transformer Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.