Air Insulated Transformer Market: Overview
- Air insulated transformer, also known as dry type transformer, is a power transformer with windings encased in epoxy resins. It is easy to install compared to oil insulated or gas insulated transformer.
- The epoxy layer helps protect the transformer against corrosion and dust, and does not need to be placed in a fire-proof vault. Air insulated transformer can be mounted indoor or outdoor; hence, it is widely used in various applications.
- Air insulated transformer is a static device, which employs the eco-friendly temperature insulation system, i.e. air insulation
- Air insulated transformer offers major safety features. It is efficient and economical. Air insulated transformer has very low wear and maintenance vis-à-vis other types of transformers. Hence, it is commonly employed in industrial, utility, and commercial applications.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Air Insulated Transformer Market? Ask for the report brochure here
- Air insulated transformer functions convincingly in most ambient conditions, as it is also sealed with epoxy resin mixture. Under certain conditions, air insulated transformers are equipped with cast coil insulation system.
- Cast coil is used when additional protection and coil strength is needed. This is applicable when the air insulated transformer is installed in harsh environments such as chemical, cement, and outdoor installations where salt spray, dust, moisture, corrosive fumes, and small metal particles are present.
- Air insulated transformer’s insulation is divided into different classes depending upon working temperatures such as 220°C-Class R, 180°C-Class H, 155°C-Class F, 130°C-Class B, and 105°C-Class A
- According to ANSI/IEEE C57.96-1989, a guide for loading dry-type distribution and power transformers, air insulated transformer can have a lifespan of approximately 20 years
Key Driver of Air Insulated Transformer Market
- Low initial investment and low maintenance are expected to be the key drivers of the air insulated transformer market. These transformers are economical compared to gas and liquid insulated transformer. It is also low in maintenance. It does not carry the risk of oil seepage and gas leak from the oil & gas type insulated transformer.
Key Restraint of Air Insulated Transformer Market
- Air insulated transformers is suitable for low voltage and low power rating. Hence, there are limitations to its applications. It cannot be installed in high voltage applications. Therefore, the market is projected to expand at a steady pace in the near future.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Air Insulated Transformer Market
- Geographically, the global air insulated transformer market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for significant share of the global air insulated transformer market during the forecast period, due to the rise in investment in smart cities and grid technologies; and increase in number of data centers in information technology hubs and commercial institutes in the region
- Demand for electricity is high in Asia Pacific, as it is among the highly populated regions in the world. Rise in demand has boosted the investments in distribution and transmission sectors to the supply power via grids.
- Europe is likely to be a rapidly growing region of the global air insulated transformer market due to enactment of a number of government regulations and investments in renewable energy sources, which would further drive the grid infrastructure of the region
- The market in North America is projected to expand at healthy pace, owing to the high focus on renewable energy sources and applications of strict environmental laws by the government.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a slow pace during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Air Insulated Transformer Market here
Key Players Operating in the Air Insulated Transformer Market
Major companies operating in the global air insulated transformer market include:
- Kirloskar Electric Company
- ABC Transformers
- Olsun Electrics Corporation
- GBE S.p.A Stabilimento e sede legale
- VESTAS WIND SYSTEMS A/S
- SYNERGY TRANSFORMERS
- Pioneer Power Solutions
- HAMMOND POWER SOLUTIONS
Global Air Insulated Transformer Market: Research Scope
Global Air Insulated Transformer Market, by Transformer Type
- Open Wound Transformer
- Vacuum Pressure Impregnated (VPI)
- Vacuum Pressure Encapsulated (VPE)
- Cast Coil
Global Air Insulated Transformer Market, by Application
Global Air Insulated Transformer Market, by Installation
Global Air Insulated Transformer Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.