Air Entraining Admixtures Market: Introduction
- Air entraining admixtures facilitate the development of a stable air-void system within concrete. This increases the durability of the concrete. Benefits of entraining air in concrete include increase in cohesion, rise in resistance to freeze-thaw degradation, and improvement of compaction in low workability mixes.
- The volume of air entrained depends on application and mix design. However, after mixing, air can be lost during pumping and transport. Air entrainment reduces density of mix and increases yield. For every 1% of the additional air entrained, the concrete strength falls by 5%. At normal air entrainment levels, other properties of concrete, including creep and drying shrinkage, are not significantly affected.
- The key reason for employing entrained air is to improve the freeze-thaw and scaling resistance, and thus prolong service life. Improvement of compaction and cohesion can also enhance durability and quality.
Key Drivers of Air Entraining Admixtures Market
- Rise in demand for air entraining admixtures in residential and non-residential sectors is a key factor expected to drive the global air entraining admixtures market during the forecast period
- Increase in urbanization and rise in investments in the infrastructure development sector in developed as well as developing countries are driving new construction and reconstruction activities in developed and developing economics. This is a key factor propelling the global air entraining admixtures market. Furthermore, various advantages offered by air entraining admixtures, such as high efficiency and high durability, is another factor that is projected to boost the adoption of these materials. Rise in demand for superior construction materials in various end-use sectors, including residential and commercial, is an important factor that is anticipated to further propel the global air entraining admixtures market during the forecast period.
- Increase in awareness among consumers about various advantages of high quality admixture materials in residential buildings is also expected to boost the market. Rise in demand for air entraining admixtures in commercial applications, owing to their excellent physical properties, is another factor that is projected to propel the global air entraining admixtures market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Significant Opportunities in Construction Industry
- Based on application, the global air entraining admixtures market can be bifurcated into residential and non-residential. In terms of revenue, the residential segment is projected to hold major share of the market, as air entraining admixtures are utilized extensively in new residential construction for improvement of compressive strength. High demand for air entraining admixtures owing to improvement in workability and lowering of consumption of cement in the residential sector is another factor that is expected to boost the segment during the forecast period. High demand for air entraining admixtures for compressive strength applications is also likely to propel the residential segment in the near future.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Air Entraining Admixtures Market
- In terms of region, the global air entraining admixtures market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, Asia Pacific is anticipated to account for major share of the global air entraining admixtures market during the forecast period. Demand for air entraining admixtures is increasing rapidly in the residential sector in countries in Asia Pacific. Rise in new construction activities and partial revival of the non-residential sector are other factors that are projected to boost the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers in Market
- The global air entraining admixtures market was highly fragmented in 2018. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Several major players engage in advanced product development activities in order to expand their product portfolio.
Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- BASF SE
- SIKA AG
- GCP Applied Technologies
- Fosroc International Inc.
- Mapei S.P.A
- CHRYSO S.A.S
- Concrete Additives and Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- Rhein-Chemotechnik GmbH
- Weber Saint-Gobain
- Polisan Kamya San. A.S.
- Shangdong Wanshan Chemical Co. Ltd.
- MUHU (China) Construction Materials Co., Ltd.
- CORMIX INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
Global Air Entraining Admixtures Market: Research Scope
Global Air Entraining Admixtures Market, by Application
Global Air Entraining Admixtures Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.