AI for Public Security and Safety: Introduction
- Public security and safety includes a wide range of responsibilities in the public and government sector, ranging from policing to responding to natural disasters. AI (Artificial Intelligence) for public safety and security has the potential to improve safety as well as security across the area.
- AI for public security and safety provides the potential to decrease, avert, and respond to crimes, resulting in one-of-a-kind opportunities to ensure security in both small and large communities.
- AI for public security and safety also helps to simplify management while supporting high-efficiency analytics, reducing costs, wastage of time, and human lives lost.
- AI is now being applied in public security and safety for picture and facial recognition, crime scene management, and criminal behavior identification. Face Recognition (FR) is being tested at airports in India to help travelers go through security faster and safer. From July 2019, the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (Hyderabad) uses the FR system to allow passengers to enter the airport on a trial basis.
Global AI for Public Security and Safety Market: Dynamics
Global AI for Public Security and Safety Market: Key Drivers
- Artificial intelligence is being implemented by national governments all around the world to predict dangers and prevent crime. Revolutionary AI capabilities for public security and safety enable jurors and investigators to investigate a wide range of crime scene factors without the need for specialized knowledge or expensive equipment.
- Local governments in many countries throughout the world are investing in AI for public security and safety. Unlike the traditional forensics approach, AI for public security and safety can assist authorities close cases faster by speeding up crime scene analysis and investigations.
- However, AI for public security and safety is costly to purchase; therefore, law enforcement end-users with limited procurement budgets opt out. This is a challenge to AI adoption for public security and safety.
- In September 2001, the United States experienced a catastrophe that resulted in the deaths of many people, as well as socio-economic effects that shook the entire country. Incapacity of first responders' to communicate and act efficiently was highlighted. As a result of the public's exposure to this limitation, FirstNet, a nationwide public safety Long Term Evolution (LTE) and mobile broadband network infrastructure, was created. In March 2017, the US federal government urged AT&T, Inc. to join a Public-Private Partnership. The goal of this effort was to create and administer a national public safety LTE and broadband network.
- Furthermore, because AI is yet to acquire foothold on a worldwide scale, the reliability of evidence gathered using AI for public security and safety, as well as its eventual acceptability in court, is still a source of debate in many countries. Such issues are expected to hinder the overall AI for public security and safety market.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global AI for Public Security and Safety Market
- Covid-19 has had a huge influence on the public security and safety market. The Covid-19 outbreak has strained the healthcare and public safety infrastructure. Players engaged in the public security and safety market are actively focused on strategic partnerships, acquisitions, and expansion of product offerings that significantly support the revenue share. For instance, Chooch AI has released a set of AI solutions that can detect cough, social distancing, masks, hand washing, and even lung injury with its visual artificial intelligence platform.
North America to Account for Large Share of the Global AI for Public Security and Safety Market
- In terms of region, the global AI for public security and safety market can be divided into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
- To combat rising crime rates in the United States, the country has been an early adopter of AI for public security and safety, allowing the regional market to capture the highest share of the market.
- In European countries such as the United Kingdom, Germany, and France, well-funded forensics laboratories and hospitals have hastened the use of modern forensics technologies. During the forecast period, the market for AI in public security and safety in Asia Pacific is expected to develop at the quickest rate.
Global AI for Public Security and Safety Market: Competition Landscape
- Strategic acquisitions and collaboration with other equipment and associated service suppliers help to build new innovation strategies and boosts corporate revenue. This allows market participants to increase their market attractiveness and reach out to new potential customers in overseas marketplaces.
- Organizations are actively concentrating on creating and implementing innovative AI solutions for public security and safety. They are putting in place complete ecosystems that give solutions to law enforcement and intelligence organizations.
Key Players Operating in the Global AI for Public Security and Safety Market Include:
- Hexagon AB
- AGT International
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise
- BAE Systems
- Cisco Systems
- Elbit Systems
- General Dynamics
- Haystax Technology
- Hexagon AB
- Motorola Solutions
- Rave Mobile Safety
- Thales Group
Global AI for Public Security and Safety Market: Research Scope
Global AI for Public Security and Safety Market, by Application
- Preventative Policing
- Criminal Investigations
- Combatting Terrorism
- Response to Natural Disaster
- Crowd Control
Global AI for Public Security and Safety Market, by End-user
- Law Enforcement
- Federal Intelligence and Security
- Other First Responders
Global AI for Public Security and Safety Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.