5G Tester: Introduction
- 5G testers are generally used for checking the performance of 5G networks.
- Various types of 5G testers available in the market include network analyzers, signal analyzers, signal generators, and oscilloscope. These are used by network equipment manufacturers, mobile device manufacturers, telecommunication service providers, and others.
- The growing demand for speedy mobile data networks and seamless internet connectivity, coupled with development of IOT technologies is advancing the latest 5G technology and indirectly supporting the market growth of 5G testers.
Rise in Demand for Network Analyzers
- Network analyzers is expected to be the fastest growing segment of the 5G tester market during the forecast period due to emerging 5G technologies, complexity between 4G and 5G networks, increase in network traffic, quality maintenance, targeted marketing, and low business risk factors.
- Network analyzers also help in deployment issues and prevent potential infrastructure delays. It also lays out large scale analytical models and provides solutions to analyze the entire system scenario through network analytics for communication service providers.
- The world is moving toward 5G technology and major 5G tester manufacturers are extensively investing in 5G testers. Mobile network testing applications are likely to also observe fast growth driven by high penetration of smartphones and tablets on a global scale. Smartphones and tablets are moving from 4G to 5G and drive the 5G tester market.
- Coronavirus is creating a significant impact on 5G technology. Remote work and lockdown has resulted in widespread use of cloud and internet-based services, which is set to positively influence the 5G tester market during the coronavirus crisis.
- High deployment costs of 5G testing equipment, concerns about security, and varying 5G standards are factors which are major restraints of the 5G tester market.
Asia Pacific to Lead the 5G Tester Market
- In terms of region, the global 5G tester market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to see the highest growth in the 5G tester market throughout the forecast period due to lucrative opportunity from Chinese and Japanese telecommunication players. Japan, China, India, and Australia are highly focused on the commercialization of 5G networks. Countries in the region are spending huge amounts on developing 5G infrastructure.
- North America holds the second largest share of the 5G tester market due to early adoption of 5G technology. Besides, the country has a large number of established telecom service and network providers.
- Asia Pacific is a developing region, focusing on development of new technology and creating great opportunities for key market players for investment, which is expected to boost the 5G tester market in the region during the forecast period.
- The 5G tester market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global 5G Tester Market
The global 5G tester market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for 5G testers. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global 5G tester market are listed below:
- VIAVI Solutions
- Keysight Technologies
- Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co. KG
- Teradyne Inc.
- Spirent Communications
Global 5G Tester Market: Research Scope
Global 5G Tester Market, by Product Type
- Network Analyzers
- Signal Analyzers
- Signal Generators
Global 5G Tester Market, by Application
- Network Equipment Manufacturers
- Mobile Device Manufacturers
- Telecommunication Service Providers
Global 5G Tester, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!