3-Terminal Capacitors: Introduction
- 3-Terminal Capacitor is a kind of capacitor whose third terminal connects to the ground. A three-terminal capacitor operates in two types such as through-hole capacitor having 3 leads or surface mount capacitor with 3 pads.
- 3-terminal capacitors are made of multilayer ceramic chip capacitors that are used in EMC and RFI suppression conditions
- They are primarily utilized for protection from low frequency ripple noise and high frequency noise (EMI), which normally requires the use of several capacitors. 3-terminal capacitors are employed in digital circuits of digital appliances, computers, automotive electronics, etc.
- 3-terminal capacitors offer lower impedance by forming a smaller current loop; hence, they are extensively used in parallel circuits to reduce the impedance instead of general purpose capacitors
Rise in Demand for 3-Terminal Capacitors Globally
- Increase in demand for 3-terminal capacitors from consumers and wearable electronics and the rising usage in industrial applications have further fueled the 3-terminal capacitors market
- Rise in adoption of 3-terminal capacitors in applications requiring high capacitance and voltage across the automobile & power T&D industries is also expected to boost the market
- Expansion of the global 3-terminal capacitors market is fueled by a rise in the demand from various industries such as electronics and semiconductor. They can also be used for various applications in automotive, chemical, process technology, and medical sectors, due to their ability to adjust or change for resistivity requirements.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global 3-Terminal Capacitors Market
- Asia Pacific held a prominent share of the global 3-terminal capacitors market due to a rise in the production of wearables, smart devices; such as smart TVs, smart locks, smart watches etc.; growing disposable income, and product innovations
- Asia Pacific is expected to lead the global 3-terminal capacitors market owing to a rise in industrialization and higher demand for electricity from diverse industries such as automotive, information technology, and textile
- Different initiatives taken by governments across India and China are anticipated to increase the electrification rate, which helps expand electricity distribution infrastructure and consequently boost the 3-terminal capacitors market
- Rise of urban population is anticipated to fuel the demand for the 3-terminal capacitors globally due to rise in global economy, individual buying power, and expansion of consumer products, automotive electronics and power-generation sectors
Key Players Operating in Global 3-Terminal Capacitors Market
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Kyocera Corporation
- TDK Group
- Walsin Technology Corp.
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics (SEMCO)
- Fenghua Advanced Technology
- Maruwa Co., Ltd.
- Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd.
Global 3-Terminal Capacitors Market: Research Scope
Global 3-Terminal Capacitors Market, by Type
Global 3-Terminal Capacitors Market, by Industry Vertical
- Energy & Utility
- Commercial & Residential
- Electrical & Electronic
Global 3-Terminal Capacitors Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!