1,5-Cyclooctadiene Market: Introduction
- 1,5-Cyclooctadiene, also known as COD, is an organic compound with the chemical formula C8H12. There exist several other organic compounds, in which 1,5-cyclooctadiene acts as a parent compound. 1,5-Cyclooctadiene is an isomer of a cycloalkane, which has an eight-membered ring and two double bonds.
- 1,5-Cyclooctadiene is available as colorless liquid with aromatic odor, especially doubly unsaturated cyclic hydrocarbon COD. It works as a ligand in organometallic chemistry.
- 1,5-Cyclooctadiene is prepared from the process of dimerization of butadiene. In this process, nickel is used as a catalyst, while vinyl cyclohexene is a co-product of the process.
- 1,5-Cyclooctadiene is widely used in applications such as specialty chemicals, solvents, catalyst ligands, elastomers, chemical intermediates for cosmetics, fragrances, flavors, and flame retardants
Key Drivers of Global 1,5-Cyclooctadiene Market
- Increasing use of 1,5-cyclooctadiene in various cosmetic applications including skin care, hair care, personal care products and fragrances is expected to drive the global 1,5-cyclooctadiene market during the forecast period. 1,5-cyclooctadiene is a preferred choice for use in various skin care applications such as anti-aging creams, sunscreens, and baby lotions, as it keeps the skin moisturized and protects it from air pollution. Hence, with growth of the global cosmetics industry, the demand for 1,5-cyclooctadiene is also anticipated to increase during the forecast period.
- Increasing use of 1,5-cyclooctadiene in the manufacture of elastomers in rubber, automotive, and aircraft industries is anticipated to drive the global 1,5-cyclooctadiene market in the next few years.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global 1,5-Cyclooctadiene Market, by Application
- In terms of application, the global 1,5-cyclooctadiene market can be segmented into specialty chemicals, solvents, catalyst ligands, elastomers, chemical intermediates for cosmetics, fragrances, flavors, and flame retardants
- The specialty chemicals segment is projected to account for a major share of the global 1,5-cyclooctadiene market by 2027. Growth of the segment is estimated to remain significant during the forecast period.
- The elastomers segment is also expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, owing to increasing demand for elastomers from the automotive sector. It is expected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period.
- Expanding at a significant rate, the cosmetics segment is expected to create significant incremental opportunity during the forecast period. Demand for other applications is expected to remain moderate to high across the globe from 2019 to 2027.
North America and Asia Pacific to Dominate Global 1,5-Cyclooctadiene Market
- In terms of region, the global 1,5-cyclooctadiene market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Asia Pacific are expected to be key regions of the global 1,5-cyclooctadiene market between 2019 and 2027.
- The 1,5-cyclooctadiene market in North America is expected to expand at a rapid rate during the forecast period. The region is expected to constitute a major share of the global market during the forecast period. The U.S. is one of the most technologically advanced countries across the globe. Demand for specialty chemicals and cosmetics, wherein 1,5-cyclooctadiene is used, is high in the country.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific is expected to hold a significant share of the global market, during the forecast period, followed by Europe. Growth of consumer goods and automotive industries, particularly those in Asia Pacific, is projected to fuel the 1,5-cyclooctadiene market in these regions during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global 1,5-cyclooctadiene market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Biosynth Carbosynth
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd
- Hairui Chemical
- Oakwood Products, Inc.
- abcr GmbH
- Hangzhou Yuhao Chemical Technology Co., Ltd
Global 1,5-Cyclooctadiene Market: Research Scope
Global 1,5-Cyclooctadiene Market, by End-use Industry
Global 1,5-Cyclooctadiene Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.