Wood Splitters Market: Introduction
- Wood splitter, also called as log splitter, is a tool used for convenient and easy splitting of wood into sections. Major types of wood splitters include electric, gas, and manual. Selection of wood splitters largely depends on the wood type and diameter. Petrol or diesel powered wood splitters are usually heavy and bulkier to handle. Some common parts of the wood splitter include engine, tank, valve, and hydraulic oil pump. The height of the log splitter can be adjusted to deal with different sizes of wood logs. Most wood splitters can handle wood length up to 20 inches. However, some high-end models can also be used for 25 inch wood logs.
Key Drivers of the Global Wood Splitters Market
- Rising demand for split green wood and dry wood is the key driver of the global wood splitters market. Key end-users largely prefer wood splitters as they are an efficient splitting tool for convenient and reliable performance. Moreover, firewood splits are increasingly used in power production, heating, and cooking.
- Electric wood splitters are usually inexpensive compared to hydraulic models; however, they usually have half the power of a hydraulic machine. Electric wood splitters are not suitable for hard or green timbers due to limited power. Key companies are launching diversified models under different brands to support different applications.
Wood Splitters Market: Key Segments
- The global wood splitters market can be segmented based on product, type, force, application, end-use, sales channel, and region. Based on product, the wood splitters market can be classified into vertical splitter and horizontal splitter. Based on type, the market can be classified into electric, gas driven, hydraulic, and others (kinetic, etc.). Based on force, the wood splitter market can be classified into < 15 Tons, 16 - 30 Tons, and > 30 Tons. Based on application, the market can be classified into softwood and hardwood. Based on end-use, the market can be classified into agriculture, forestry, windmills, and others (landscaping, etc.). In terms of sales-channel, the wood splitters market is segmented into direct sale and indirect sale. Direct sales channels are largely preferred to market and sell the wood splitters in domestic markets.
Market in Asia Pacific Estimated to Expand at Significant CAGR
- By region, the global wood splitters market is classified into South America (SA), North America (NA), Europe (EU), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Asia Pacific (APAC).
- Country-level bifurcation of the North America market includes the forecast and analysis for the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. The country-level analysis and forecast of the Europe market covers the wood splitters market in the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. The country-level analysis and forecast for the Asia Pacific market includes major countries in the region such as India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa country-level analysis and forecast of the wood splitters market includes GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America wood splitters market is categorized into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- A strong base of forestry and agriculture industry is driving the demand for wood splitters in Asia Pacific. Furthermore, the region comprises large number of wind power installations, wherein wood splits are widely used in the design of wind turbine blades. Growing use of mechanical wood splitting in carpentry is anticipated to present future growth opportunities in the market.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Technology advancement, new product launches, strategic partnerships and collaborations, and investment in R&D are key strategies of wood splitter manufacturers. In addition, key competitors are emphasizing on the expansion of online and offline distribution channels to reach untapped markets.
Some of the major companies identified in the global wood splitters market are:
- Black Splitter
- Wallenstein Equipment Inc.
- Boss Log Splitters
- METL (Southland)
- Iron & Oak
- POSCH GmbH
Global Wood Splitters Market: Research Scope
Global Wood Splitters Market, by Product
- Vertical Splitter
- Horizontal Splitter
Global Wood Splitters Market, by Type
- Gas Driven
- Others (Kinetic, etc.)
Global Wood Splitters Market, Force
- < 15 Tons
- 16 - 30 Tons
- > 30 Tons
Global Wood Splitters Market, by Application
Global Wood Splitters Market, by End-use
- Others (Landscaping, etc.)
Global Wood Splitters Market, by Sales Channel
- Direct Sale
- Indirect Sale
Global Wood Splitters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global wood splitters market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!