Knurling Tools: Introduction
- Knurling is a process in which grooves or patterns are formed on the surface of a part. The product through which knurling is done is known as knurling tool. Knurling tools are used to create rigid patterns on gears, shafts, tools, and other round shaped components. Knurling is essential in components and products to form a tight grip and hence it finds application in various industries such as automotive, and aerospace. Growing end-use industries is expected to drive the knurling tools market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Knurling Tools Market
- Knurling is a finishing process in metalworking where grooves or patterns are formed on the surface of a finished part. This is achieved by a rotating tool that impressions the desired pattern into the metal. Knurling is done for a variety of reasons of which first is aesthetic - knurling is a decorative finishing method that creates texture on a particular workpiece. Another reason for knurling is to provide a more grippy surface finish. The handle of a hand tool, for example, can be knurled to prevent the hand from slipping off and to retain a strong hold. In some unit assemblies, the knurling application can also be utilized to bring serrated edges of workpieces together.
- Knurling is commonly used on products such as tool handles, grips of workout bars, hammers, motorcycle handlebars, surgical equipment, and darts. These products are used in day to day life and expected to generate demand during the forecast period due to growing population, urbanization, commercialization, and industrialization. Growth in demand for the end products will in turn drive the knurling tools market globally.
- Developments in knurling tools will further fuel the market as the priority of industries is to use capital goods such as lathes in the best possible manner. The restraint to the knurling tools market may be the handling cost due to complicated settings and lack of a skilled workforce. However, the market looks positive during the forecast period with developments in tools and machinery along with geographical penetration of manufacturers.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Global Knurling Tools Market
- In terms of region, the knurling tools market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific accounts for maximum share in the knurling tools market because of emerging economies and rise in industrialization. Availability of cheap labor has increased FDI in this region which has been a key driver for industrial development. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to be followed by markets in North America and Europe.
Key Players Operating in the Global Knurling Tools Market
- Accu Trak Tool Corp.
- Böni AG
- Dorian Tool International Incorporated
- Eagle Rock Technologies, Inc.
- Genevieve Swiss Industries, Inc.
- Hommel+Keller Präzisionswerkzeuge GmbH
- Ifanger AG
- Malkar Industries
- Stafford Special Tools
- SUPER TOOL co. ltd.
Global Knurling Tools Market: Research Scope
Global Knurling Tools Market, by Style
- Knurling Tools
- Fixed Head
- Swivel Head
- Others (Internal single wheel, etc.)
- Knurling Wheels
- Straight Knurling
- Inclined Knurling
- Diamond Knurling
- Others (Square Knurling, etc.)
Global Knurling Tools Market, by Price
Global Knurling Tools Market, by Distribution Channel
Global Knurling Tools Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.