White Fused Mullite Market: Introduction
- White fused mullite is manufactured in an electric furnace by the fusion of high purity alumina and high purity silica at high temperatures
- It is a major raw material used in the refractory industry for applications that require high thermal shock and corrosion resistance
Key Drivers of White Fused Mullite Market
- White fused mullite is extensively utilized in diverse applications such as refractories for glass and steel industries, shell building material, investment casting, kiln furniture, spark plug bodies
- It offers low conductivity, excellent resistance against thermal shock and deformation under load
- Expansion of the building & construction industry is expected to drive the demand for iron products primarily for production of columns, building fronts; glass products for manufacturing of structural component, external glazing material, cladding material. This, in turn, is expected to fuel the manufacturing of refractories, which are used to produce iron and glass. White fused mullite is extensively used as lining bricks in glass body kilns and large hot wind furnaces in iron-making blast furnace. Consequently, increase in manufacture of refractories is expected to drive the white fused mullites market in the near future.
- Improvement in economic conditions of developing countries in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is projected to propel the demand for iron and glass based products in these countries. Efforts taken by governments to increase regional connectivity through improvements in rail and airport infrastructure and expansion in the residential construction market are projected to augment the manufacturing of refractories during the forecast period. This, in turn, is likely to boost the demand for white fused mullites in the near future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global White Fused Mullite Market
- In terms of region, the global white fused mullite market can be segregated into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a lucrative region for white fused mullite market during the forecast period, owing to an increase in per capita income of people and rise in urbanization in the region. This, in turn, is projected to drive the building & construction sector across the region. For instance, through the ‘Housing for All’ initiative, the Government of India aims to build 20 million affordable houses for the urban poor by 2022. This initiative is expected to significantly boost residential construction across the country. Additionally, investments in energy infrastructure projects are expected to rise due to an increase in focus on expansion of renewable energy resources. This, in turn, is likely to augment the white fused mullites market in Asia Pacific.
- Furthermore, government programs, such as Smart Cities Mission, are projected to boost the construction industry in India. This, in turn, is anticipated to augment the white fused mullite market across the country.
- The market in North America is already well-established. Manufacturers of white fused mullite in in North America are more focused on enhancing the quality of white fused mullites for various end-use industries and development of new innovative products to strengthen their presence in the global market.
- The white fused mullite market in Latin America is projected to expand at a sluggish pace, as compared to the market in Asia Pacific, due to the presence of few producers of white fused mullite in the region.
- The white fused mullite market in Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a significant pace, due to rapid expansion of building & construction sector across the region. Rise of population coupled with significant improvements in economic conditions has led to an increase in the demand for residential, hospitality, healthcare, and infrastructure facilities across GCC and the UAE. All these factors are likely to augment the demand for refractories in iron & steel and cement industries. Thus, boosting the demand for white fused mullite, which is extensively utilized in manufacture of refractories.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Key Players in White Fused Mullite Market
The white fused mullite market is consolidated in nature and is dominated by a handful of big manufacturers and few small producers. Key manufacturers operating in the global white fused mullite market include:
- Washington Mills Electro Minerals Limited
- Carborundum Universal Limited
- KT Refractories US Company
- Henan Ruishi Renewable Resources Group Co.,Ltd.
- Imerys Refractory Minerals
- Monofrax LLC
- SHOWA DENKO K.K.
- Pred Materials International, Inc.
- Ashapura Minchem Ltd
- Electro Abrasives, LLC.
- Dashiqiao Dongxing Mining Co. Ltd
- Sinocean Technology
- MOTIM Electrocorundum Ltd.
- Orient Abrasives Ltd
Global White Fused Mullite Market: Research Scope
Global White Fused Mullite Market, by Application
- Refractories for glass and steel industries
- Shell Building Material
- Investment Casting
- Kiln Furniture
- Spark Plug Bodies
Global White Fused Mullite Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.