PVC Coated Fabrics Market
PVC Coated Fabrics Market (Type: PVC Coated Fiberglass Fabric, PVC Coated Carbon Fiber Fabric, PVC Coated Polyester Fabric, and Others; and Application: Transportation, Protective Clothing, Industrial, Roofing, Awnings, and Canopies, Furniture & Seating, Wall Coverings, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Unprecedented Demand for Protective Clothing in Industries Reviving Market Growth
The coronavirus crisis has caused a slowdown in global economic activities. This has caused ripple effects in virtually all end markets, including the PVC coated fabrics market. Manufacturers are focusing on mission-critical industries such as transportation and construction in order to stay financially afloat during the pandemic. The unprecedented demand for protective clothing in healthcare and other industries of India, Australia, and Singapore, among others, has been a driving force for the market amid the ongoing crisis.
Manufacturers in the PVC coated fabrics market are ensuring stable supply chains in order to keep economies running. As such, COVID-19 relaxations in France and other European countries are helping to revive market growth. Manufacturers are entering the plug-and-play mode for production to tide over uncertainties, owing to the pandemic. They are adopting financial planning to sustain business activities.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Standardized Packaging, Logistics of Tarpaulin Essential to Avoid Damage
The PVC coated fabrics market is slated to register a modest CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period, as there is a need to properly transport products such as the PVC (Poly Vinyl Chloride) tarpaulin to make sure the tarpaulin is not scratched or bruised. Thus, manufacturers and suppliers are improving their packaging methods, especially while folding the tarp. They are finding ways to fold the tarp in a more standardized manner, which is exquisite for end users.
Apart from packaging, even logistics plays a key role when transporting PVC tarpaulin. Suppliers are gaining awareness whether it is a direct line, so as to avoid damage to the tarp during transit. They are increasing efforts to stop cutting and damaging the tarpaulin and rope during transport.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Preference for Multipurpose Membranes in Technical Textile Production
There is a growing awareness among end users about essential considerations for selecting PVC and TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) coated fabrics manufacturers. Boating supplies, medical products, pool liners, and industrial processes are translating into revenue opportunities for manufacturers in the PVC coated fabrics market. Since PVC coated fabrics help increase durability of products and objects in harsh conditions, end users are taking into consideration the PVC fabric functionality before sourcing a new coated technical textile. Manufacturers are increasing efforts to produce fabrics that hold its shape and can withstand a variety of harsh outdoor conditions.
Companies in the PVC coated fabrics market are mainly focusing on multipurpose membranes that can be used on products that are subject to extreme cold or heat, chemicals, and other stressors.
Indian Manufacturers Increase Focus on Abrasion, Tear-resistant Coated Fabrics
India holds lucrative growth opportunities for business expansion in the PVC coated fabrics market. SRF Limited - a manufacturer of technical textiles in India is expanding its product portfolio in PVC synthetic coated fabrics that are suitable for use in sports, automobile, lifestyle, and defense applications. Competitor companies are taking cues from such findings, and boosting their output capacities in coated fabrics that are fire resistant, water resistant, and offer UV stabilization.
Manufacturers in the India PVC coated fabrics market are expanding their business arms in architecture, advertising, food, and agricultural applications. Hence, they are innovating in abrasion and tear-resistant coated fabrics. Manufacturers are developing coated fabrics made of high tenacity polyester yarn with the help of the unique PVC formulation. This has enabled to increase the availability for waterproof and easy to fabricate, install, and maintain PVC coated materials.
Large Textile Structures for Stadiums Bolstering Demand for PVC Coated Fabrics
Modern membrane constructions have set new standards in architecture. SATTLER CENO - an Austria based specialist in technical textile, is expanding its design possibilities to combine attractive and unconventional shapes with the help of light turn textile constructions. Stakeholders in the PVC coated fabrics market are eyeing growth opportunities in different fields where large textile structures are in demand, including stadium roofs and pneumatic ETFE (Ethylene Tetrafluoroethylene) foil structures.
Manufacturers in the PVC coated fabrics market are increasing their production capabilities in membrane construction solutions for façades. They are using PVC coated polyester fabrics to develop textile shell structures, façades, sail, and tent constructions. There is a growing demand for topnotch quality and tear resistant polyester fabrics with a synthetic coating on both sides to prevent soiling.
Artificial Leather Fabrics Storming Upholstered Furniture Industry
Artificial leather furnishings are grabbing the attention of manufacturers in the PVC coated fabrics market. PVC artificial fabrics are being used to manufacture artificial leather furnishings that are growing popular amongst consumers. There is a high demand for quality artificial leather fabrics that are affordable and serve as an alternative to natural leather. This is evident since the upholstered furniture sector is predicted to rapidly grow during the forecast period.
Companies in the PVC coated fabrics market are implementing their research and design experiments to develop new textures and products using artificial leather fabrics. The growing social media community and influencer culture has bolstered the demand for luxury cushions, sofas, upholstery, and beanbags, among others. Home, offices, hotels, and commercial establishments are creating business opportunities for artificial leather fabric manufacturers and suppliers.
Use of PVC-based Formulations in Waterproofing, Breathability Applications in Materials
Manufacturers in the PVC coated fabrics market are increasing their R&D activities to study the performance characteristics of fabrics coated with PVC-based formulations. In order to implement their research, manufacturers are using cotton base fabric with plain weave and apply different coating formulations for exploring the best possible formulation to achieve reasonably good waterproofing and breathability. Different coatings, including PVC resin, mixture of PVC & polyurethane (PU), and PVC mixed with polyethylene glycol (PEG)/ethylene glycol (EG) additives are growing prominent.
Companies in the PVC coated fabrics market are expected to collaborate with researchers to study the properties of coated fabrics with the help of coagulation baths. It has been found that fabrics coated with a mixture of PVC and PU formulations deploy the best breathability with high water penetration resistance.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in PVC Coated Fabrics Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
The high demand for protective clothing in healthcare and almost all industrial processes to ensure the safety and well-being of employees and workers has become essential during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. The PVC coated fabrics market is projected to reach the valuation of US$ 7 Bn by 2031. However, alternative materials such as biodegradable cotton-jute fabric with waterproof coating is emerging as a threat to sales numbers. Hence, stakeholders should increase their focus on long-term applications including in automobiles, mining, and construction to establish stable revenue streams. The UV radiation resistance in PVC coated fabrics is essential for consumers using products in extreme climates.
PVC Coated Fabrics Market: Overview
- PVC coated fabrics are used in the automobile industry for making roll-up luggage covers, as these fabrics guarantee stability and durability. PVC coated fabrics are also used for making sun protection curtains, as they provide UV resistance and blackout properties. PVC coated fabrics are used for making gear gaiters, slide sunroof, and artificial leather for upholstery, as they provide good abrasion resistance. PVC coated fabrics are also flame retardant. Furthermore, PVC coated fabrics have low fogging properties. In the transportation industry, PVC coated fabrics are used as truck covers, truck curtain sides, and trailer covers.
- PVC coated fabrics can last for more than 20 years. PVC coated polyester fabric is waterproof, and does not fray, rip, or tear. This makes PVC coated polyester fabric strong and durable for architectural activities. It is used in the construction of new buildings and renovation activities in the construction industry.
- North America is estimated to lead the PVC coated polyester fabrics market during the forecast period, due to rise in architectural and construction activities in the region
- Protective clothing is designed to protect a person wearing it from various environmental hazards faced during any particular operation. Every industry has some particular hazard. For instance, thermal protective clothing is required for people working in high heat and flame. Protective clothing is required for workers in extremely cold climate. Chemical protective clothing is required by workers in chemical or manufacturing industries. Rise in demand for protective clothing is expected to drive the demand for PVC coated fabrics, thus augmenting the global PVC coated fabrics market.
- In terms of revenue, the global PVC coated fabrics market is estimated to reach US$ 7 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period
Growth of Transportation, Automotive Industries: Key Driver of PVC Coated Fabrics Market
- Vehicles are often used as advertising space. PVC coated fabrics provide lucrative opportunities for printing company advertisements, as they are wear and tear resistant, waterproof, and have high life expectancy. Hence, PVC coated fabrics are increasingly used as banners in advertisement space. PVC coated fabrics are also used as side curtains in trucks. This provides convenience for loading and unloading of goods.
- PVC coated fabrics are also used for upholstery in automobiles. The usage of PVC coated fabrics in seat covers, steering covers, and other applications is expected to rise due to various innovations and technological advancements taking place in automobiles.
Increase in Demand for Protective Clothing to Boost PVC Coated Fabrics Market
- Extreme cold climate clothing (ECC) or high-altitude clothing is used for protection against extremely low temperature, snowfall, and high velocity wind. Thermal protective clothing is used by firefighters for protecting themselves against heat and flame during an operation. High visibility clothing is used in the construction industry on a large scale. Nuclear Biological and Chemical (NBC) protective clothing is designed to protect workers in hazardous environments with biological, chemical, and radioactive agents. Ballistic protective clothing is used to protect users’ eyes and body against fragments and projectiles of different shapes, sizes, and impact velocity.
- Chemical protective clothing is used by technical workers or professionals working in chemical and manufacturing industries to protect themselves against hazardous chemicals and heat produced during manufacturing process. Electrostatic protective clothing is used to protect end users from static electricity. Electrostatic protective clothing is used by professionals performing various operations such as liquid refueling, solvent & fuel production, paint spraying operations, oilrig operations, and production of explosives.
PVC Coated Fabrics Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of PVC coated fabrics have been included in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global PVC coated fabrics market are
- Continental AG
- IVK Europe
- SRF Limited
- Sioen Industries
- RMB Coated Fabric Private Limited
- Cotting Group
- Lightweight Manufacturing Inc.
- Skylon Asia Pvt. Ltd.
- Seaman Corporation
- New Arts Structures Pvt. Ltd
- Spradling International Inc.
PVC Coated Fabrics Market: Key Developments
- In May 2019, Continental AG launched a new product ‘Elastomer-coated Fabrics’ for dry suits. The product ensures high level of safety at extreme high and low temperatures. The suit material ensures safety for wearers even if they come in contact with extreme high temperature or extreme low temperature. It also helps regulate body temperature and provides comfort to end users.
- In March 2017, Continental AG opened a new plant for coated fabrics in China. The production plant is the first international production site for elastomer coatings outside Germany. The new plant has been set up in China in order to meet the rising demand for customers from different industries.
- In July 2018, SRF Limited announced the opening of a new plant, which is a second bi-axially Oriented Polyethylene Terephthalate (BOPET) film line and a resin plant in Thailand. The company invested US$ 60 Mn in opening of the new plant. The new production line is able to produce approximately 40,000 metric tons of resin per annum.
- In the global PVC coated fabrics market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of PVC coated fabrics. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global PVC coated fabrics market.
PVC Coated Fabrics Market – Scope of Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global PVC coated fabrics market in order to accurately gauge its future growth. The study presents detailed Information about the important growth factors, restraints, and trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the global PVC coated fabrics market so as to identify growth opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful Information about how the global PVC coated fabrics market would expand during the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global PVC coated fabrics market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure growth of the global PVC coated fabrics market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects of the global PVC coated fabrics market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (million square meters).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global PVC coated fabrics market, along with key information and competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the global PVC coated fabrics market, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on PVC Coated Fabrics Market
The report provides detailed information about the global PVC coated fabrics market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the global market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global PVC coated fabrics market, so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which application segment of the global PVC coated fabrics market would emerge as a major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of advantages of PVC coated fabrics?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global PVC coated fabrics market between 2021 and 2031?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global PVC coated fabrics market?
- Which type segment is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the global PVC coated fabrics market during the forecast period?
- Which are leading companies operating in the global PVC coated fabrics market?
Research Methodology – PVC Coated Fabrics Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the global PVC coated fabrics market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated Information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible sources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts for the global PVC coated fabrics market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global PVC coated fabrics market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global PVC coated fabrics market.
PVC Coated Fabrics Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global PVC coated fabrics market in terms of type, application, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and trends associated with different segments of the market and how they are influencing growth prospects for the global PVC coated fabrics market.