The global rotomolding market is set to chart a notable growth over the period 2019 to 2027. The steady CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) will lead to an upward growth trajectory, leading to generation of lucrative growth opportunities for market players and an increase in market worth of the stated period.
One of the prominent growth factors if the market include its use in a number of en-use industries such as decorative products, showcase items, toys, tanks and furniture like sofa sets, chairs and tables and so on. Used for molding polymers, the rotomolding as a technique is used extensively in creating hollow parts.
It is also an important part of preparing tanks that are used to carry chemicals when shipping/storage is required. It is important to note here that as the process applies less pressure, external cooling is not required
Owing to simplicity and coupled with lower costs associated with it as compared to traditional methods such as injection mold and blow mold, the market will see an upward curve. Some of the most known advantages include low weight, ability to create multi-wall moldings and uniform wall thickness and a substantially short lead time. Moreover, the initial investments associated with the technique are quite low, adding to its popularity in a positive manner.
It is pertinent to note here that with a rise in disposable incomes, demand for decorative items as well as automobiles is set to grow and this will lead to growth in the global rotomolding market. Besides, use in transportation, sports and marine industries will also drive growth in the market. Use in production of fuel tanks, ducting and door armrests and wheel arches in automotives will add to growth. Taking the curve on a higher trajectory.
Rotomolding Market: Unique & Efficient Technology for Polymer Molding
- Rotomolding is a rotating technique incorporated for the molding polymers. It is mostly used for the production of hollow parts such as crates, tanks, toys, chairs, table, sofa sets, decorative products, and showcase items.
- The process is extensively used for the production of tanks employed for storage and shipping of chemicals and for the water treatment. During the process of rotomolding, relatively exerts less pressure and hence, no product cooling is required in these rotational molding techniques.
- These key factors of rotational molding deliver a simpler process than other traditional techniques. Owing to its simplicity, the cost of a rotational mold is a fraction of that of comparable other techniques such as injection mold or blow mold.
- Major advantages offered by the rotomolding technique include low weight, uniform wall thickness, ability to produce multi-wall moldings, and short lead time. All these attributes are projected to drive the global rotomolding market in the near future.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Rotomolding Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Rise in Demand for Toys, Furniture, and Decorative Items Driving Rotomolding Market
- Low volume of production coupled with low initial investments makes rotomolding a highly preferred solution over all other processing methods. In addition, recent technological advancements in materials, machines, and molds and in terms of process automation have opened new avenues for the global rotomolding market.
- Rise in demand for the outdoor playgrounds, colorful toys, and attractive furniture products are projected to propel the demand for rotomolding market during the forecast period. High attractive colors and shade options are key selling factors for toys, furniture, and decorative items. This advantages of polymers are anticipated to boost the global rotomolding market in the coming years.
- Increase in globalization and rise in the demand for customized automotive products are the key drivers projected to fuel global rotomolding market in the coming years. Also, an increase in the disposable income of people has led to the growth of the global automotive sector.
- Additionally, the increase in advancements in production techniques is anticipated to drive the global automobile industry. This, in turn, expansion of the automotive industry in several countries are anticipated to drive the global rotomolding market in the near future.
Polyethylene Segment to Offer Lucrative Market Growth
- In terms of resin used during the process, the global rotomolding market can be segmented into polyethylene, polycarbonate, nylon, polyvinyl chloride, polyesters, polypropylene, and others (including polyurethane, polystyrene, and silicone).
- Polyethylene segment of rotomolding market is likely to expand at a significant pace in the next few years. Growth is attributed to the lower cost of tooling offered by the other polymers such as polyethylene and other composite material.
- Polyethylene, nylon and other polymers also offer excellent compatibility with the other fillers and composites materials. It also provides choices for the wide range of texture, color and shade option for various commercial applications.
Consistent Automotive Industry Growth Likely to Boost Market Size
- A large number of end-user have adopted rotational molding technology for the various commercial and industrial molding of polymer applications. Based on end-use, the global rotomolding market can be divided into medical, food & agriculture, automotive & transportation, sports, marine, and others (including materials, handling articles, consumer products, and industrial products).
- Growth of the segment is attributable to the use of rotomolding in the production of door armrests, instrument panels, ducting, fuel tanks, and wheel arches for the automotive industry.
- Consistent revenue growth from past few years of automotive & transportation industry. This segment is likely to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Rotomolding Market here
Volatile Raw Material Prices and Stringent Regulations to Hamper Market:
- Fluctuating raw material cost owing to the high dependency of crude oil and other resources may hamper the growth of rotomolding market in the coming years.
- Therefore, volatile crude oil prices directly impact the trading prices of the number of polymers material across the globe. It increases the supply and demand gap among raw material suppliers are end-use industry.
- Stringent government regulations for the plastic and polymer production across the regions may hinder rotomolding market during the forecast period. Extensive release of carbon footprints while plastic production causes environmental harm for a longer period. This factor may limit the expansion of rotomolding market in the coming years.
Asia Pacific expected to Hold Prominent Share in the Global Rotomolding Market
- In terms of region, the global rotomolding market can be divided into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. The Asia Pacific is anticipated to constitute a major share of the global market during the forecast period.
- Increase in the disposable income of people and rise in their spending power are projected to fuel the demand for automobiles in the region. This, in turn, is projected to boost the rotomolding market in the Asia Pacific region during the forecast period.
- Companies operating in the Europe market are prominently focusing on making improvements in the process of manufacture of rotomolding by expanding their technological base in the region.
- Furthermore, Middle East & Africa is anticipated to be a highly lucrative market for rotomolding technology during the forecast period. The market in the region is dominated by a few players, which are primarily focused on expanding its customer base in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Rotomolding Market:
Prominent players operating in the global rotomolding market are engaged in research and development activities, strategic alliances, and mergers & acquisitions to gain a higher market share
- Zhejiang Anji Tianyang Rotational Moulding Machinery Co., Ltd,
- A. Roto Machines & Moulds India
- Rotomachinery S.p.a.
Global Rotomolding Market: Research Scope
Global Rotomolding Market, by Material
- Polyvinyl Chloride
- Others (Including Polyurethane, Polystyrene, and Silicone)
Global Rotomolding Market, by End-use
- Food & Agriculture
- Automotive & Transportation
- Building & Construction
- Others (Including Materials, Handling Articles, Consumer Products, and Industrial Products)
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.