Melamine Market for Adhesives & Sealants, Laminates, Molding Compounds, Paints & Coatings, and Other Applications – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Global Melamine Market: Key Highlights
- The global demand for melamine is likely to reach cross US$ 2.8 Bn by 2027 with a CAGR of more than 4% from 2019-2027. Demand for melamine is largely attributed to strong growth in the global construction industry and rising demand for lightweight and low-emission automotives.
- Melamine readily reacts with formaldehyde to produce melamine-formaldehyde (MF) resins. Several other types of melamine resins include melamine-urea-formaldehyde (MUF), hexamethoxymethyl, etherified melamine, and melamine pyrophosphate.
- MF resins are widely employed in the manufacture of laminated wooden panels. These resins exhibit strong resistance to heat, stain, abrasion, and chemical reaction; thus, these are extensively employed in construction applications such as remodeling, furniture, and specialties laminates for electrical applications.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Global Melamine Market: Drivers and Opportunities
- Rapid urbanization, increase in disposable income, and rise in standard of living are key factors contributing to robust growth of the building and construction industry. This is one of the key drivers for the melamine market.
- Melamine foams exhibit high sound absorption capacity and possess an intrinsic property of flame retardancy. As a result, these foams are used in buildings, acoustic panels, suspended baffles, and metal ceiling panels.
- Few companies such as BASF SE, OWA Sonex, and Zhong Yuan Da Hua Co. Ltd are engaged in the production of flexible melamine foams. These foams are employed in several applications in industries such as construction, transportation, and consumer products (including cleaners).
- Melamine resins are also used in the production of adhesives that are largely employed in panel laminations, hotline fixing of car seats, headlamps, trim, and other interior component assemblies in the automotive industry. Thus, rising importance of lightweight vehicles with lower emissions and increased fuel efficiency is expected to eliminate the usage of fixtures such as screws, nuts, and clamps in automotive assembling.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Global Melamine Market: Application Overview
- The melamine market is largely driven by demand for laminates in building & construction activities. In terms of volume, laminates accounted for more than 50% share of the global melamine market in 2018. MF resin laminates exhibit strong resistance to heat and chemicals. These resins are employed in the production of high-pressure and low-pressure laminates, which are used in kitchen, furniture, exterior wall cladding, partition walls, and laminated floorings.
- Adhesives & sealants is another key application of melamine; this segment is projected to witness above-average growth rate during the forecast period. Other key applications of melamine include molding compounds, paints & coatings, flame retardants, textile resins, concrete plasticizers, and paper finish.
- MF resins exhibit strong thermosetting properties. Hence, these are molded into a variety of translucent and heat-resistant products that are odorless and tasteless. Fillers such as purified alpha-cellulose pigments and dyes are also incorporated in the plastic to produce a variety of plastic products. These include tableware, ashtrays, pot handles, appliance components, insulators, and toys.
Global Melamine Market: Regional Insights
- Asia Pacific dominated the global melamine market, constituting over 60% share in 2018. China is the largest manufacturer and consumer of melamine along with India, Indonesia, New Zealand, and Malaysia.
- Europe is the second-largest market for melamine globally with Germany being the largest producer as well as consumer of melamine in the region. The melamine market in Eastern Europe is projected to depict above-average growth rate as the production of wood-based panels and laminates has gradually shifted from Western Europe to Eastern Europe. Countries in Eastern Europe including Turkey, Russia, and Poland are anticipated to exhibit high growth in the melamine market during the forecast period.
- The U.S. constitutes the largest market for melamine in North America accounting for over 80% market share in 2018. High pressure and low pressure laminates are the major applications of melamine in laminates in North America. Latin America is expected to exhibit high growth owing to strong demand for melamine in laminates and paper finish applications. Brazil is one of the key regions in the melamine market in Latin America.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Melamine Market , ask for a customized report
Global Melamine Market: Competition Landscape
- The global melamine market is fragmented. The top seven players in the global melamine market accounted for more than 35% share in 2018. Key players operating in the market include
- OCI N.V.
- Borealis AG
- BASF SE
- Grupa Azoty Zaklady Azotowe Pulawy S.A. (ZAP)
- Methanol Holdings (Trinidad) Limited (MHTL)
- Qatar Melamine Company (QMC)
- Cornerstone Chemical Company
- Xinji Jiuyuan Chemical Co. Ltd.
- In December 2019, OCI N.V. Dakota Gasification Company and Dyno Nobel Enter into Exclusive Marketing Agreement for DEF, Urea Liquor and Automotive Grade Urea in North America.
- In January 2019, 1st batch of melamine was manufactured using Casale LEM process, basic design and and proprietary equipment. In 2015, GSFC and Casale has signed a contract for new 40 kilo tons plant.
- In April 2017, Japan’s Mitsui Chemicals restarted its melamine production plant which was shut down for due to technical issue.
Global Melamine Market: Overview
TMR’s recent publication on the global melamine market provides audiences with an overall market outlook, with the help of comprehensive assessment of the global market scenario. TMR’s study on the global melamine market analyzes the market with respect to the historical and current market scenario and offers forecast for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Report readers are able to make important decisions pertaining to their business with a wealth of information and exclusive insights on the global melamine market enclosed in the study. The report on the global melamine market also provides in-depth understanding of key market trends and advancement made by companies. This TMR report is divided into different sections to allow readers to gain individual understanding of the global melamine market.
Key Queries Addressed in Report
- How much volume sales is expected to be generated in the global melamine market by the products during the forecast period?
- What are key growth indicators and market dynamics that are expected to drive the global melamine market in the next five years?
- Which regions are estimated to provide lucrative opportunities to the global melamine market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key players operating in the global melamine market in order to expand their geographical presence?
The first section of the TMR’s report on the global melamine market begins with a premise that includes report scope, market segmentation, and research highlights. This is followed by the executive summary that highlights aspects of the global melamine market covered in the study. This section provides brief understanding of market elements and enables readers to understand the aspects covered in the study. The report also includes market dynamics on melamine that offer understanding of market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The next section includes segmentation analysis of the global melamine market. This evaluation includes segmentation of the global melamine market based on application and region. Furthermore, analysis of key segments, year-on-year growth projection, and basis point share analysis are included in the report. These help readers identify promising areas for growth of the market.
The TMR’s study on the global melamine market offers assessment of the geographical landscape of the market. The regional study helps market competitors make important decisions pertaining to their business. Individualized, region-wise, and segment-wise analysis helps readers decipher the growth potential for the market across various geographies. Supported by year-on-year growth projection and global market value and volume share, this section is a vital part of the melamine report.
The study on the global melamine market offers a holistic competitive value judgment, with details of leading as well as emerging market players. The dashboard view of competitors operating in the global melamine market allows readers to understand business strategies of these players along with their performance.
The TMR’s report on the global melamine market is based on detailed estimation of the market, with the inclusion of comprehensive primary and secondary research inputs. Detailed investigation of the global melamine market, in terms of competition scenario, is supported by individual-level examination of different avenues related to the market. Furthermore, for secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the required understanding of the global melamine market. This helps TMR’s analysts derive crucial predictions and forecast of the global melamine market. Readers can access the study of the global melamine market to gain projected market analysis for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Global Melamine Market: Segmentation
Adhesives & sealants
Paints & coatings