Vinyl Norbornene Market Introduction;
- Vinyl Norbornene is an organic compound that consists of a vinyl group attached to norbornene. It is a colorless liquid. The vinyl norbornene exists as endo and exo isomers; however, these are not typically separated.
- Vinyl norbornene is utilized as an intermediate in the production of the commercial polymer EPDM. Vinyl norbornene is prepared by the Diels-Alder reaction of butadiene and cyclopentadiene.
- In terms of application, the global vinyl norbornene market can be segmented into ethylene norbornene and organic synthesis. The ethylene norbornene segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Ethylene norbornene is a colorless liquid intermediate monomer produced by isomerisation of vinyl norbornene, which is made from butadiene and dicyclopentadiene. It is commonly employed in the production of ethylene-propylene-diene-monomer (EPDM) rubber.
Vinyl Norbornene Market: Key Drivers
- Growing use of vinyl norbornene as a chemical intermediate in the preparation of various organic compounds is expected to boost the market during forecast period. Vinyl norbornene compound consists of two sites of unsaturation; one of which participates in the copolymerisation, and the second of which undergoes vulcanization. It is utilized as a monomer in the production of the commercial polymer EPDM. The compound consists of E- and Z-stereoisomers. These stereoisomers make it an ideal intermediate compound in the production of ethylene-propylene-diene-monomer (EPDM) rubber.
- Rise in demand for rubber across the globe is expected to boost the consumption of vinyl norbornene during the forecast period. Demand for rubber is increasing across the globe owing to an increase in tire manufacturing, which represents a prominent application of rubber. Rising income levels in developing regions, particularly in Asia Pacific, are likely to boost automotive vehicle manufacturing and usage, thereby fuelling the demand for tires and subsequently, rubber. Thus, an increase in the demand for rubber across the globe is expected to boost the consumption of vinyl norbornene, thereby driving the market during forecast period.
Global Vinyl Norbornene Market Restraints
- Volatility in prices of raw materials is projected to hamper the global vinyl norbornene market. Raw materials such as butadiene and cyclopentadiene are utilized in the preparation of vinyl norbornene. Prices of raw materials are witnessing volatility, as the supply chain has been disrupted due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Demand for these raw materials is also witnessing volatility. This hampers the prices significantly.
- Lack of universal directives pertaining to applications of vinyl norbornene is also likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of vinyl norbornene. Companies find it difficult to comply with these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the vinyl norbornene market, thereby restraining the market.
COVID-19 Impact on Global Vinyl Norbornene Market
- Vinyl norbornene plays an important role in various end-use industries such as automotive, chemicals, and manufacturing. Numerous production facilities of these end-user industries have halted production due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This has adversely affected the demand for vinyl norbornene.
- Key players operating in the global vinyl norbornene market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these manufacturers have spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Several of these players have halted their production output for the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of vinyl norbornene. Thus, the vinyl norbornene market is expected to contract in 2020.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Vinyl Norbornene Market
- In terms of region, the global vinyl norbornene market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East Asia& Africa and Latin America
- Asia Pacific is projected to hold a significant share of the global vinyl norbornene market, in terms of consumption, during the forecast period. End-user industries such as automotive, chemicals, and manufacturing are expanding rapidly in the region. Rise in disposable income and improvement in standard of living in numerous countries in Asia Pacific are boosting the demand for automotive vehicles. This, in turn, is augmenting the demand for vinyl norbornene. Additionally, a rise in production and consumption of rubber in China, India, Japan, and South Korea is expected to increase the consumption of vinyl norbornene in automotive applications, thereby boosting the market in these countries.
- North America is expected to account for vital share of the global vinyl norbornene market during the forecast period owing to the presence of major market players and expansion of the chemical industry in the U.S. and Canada
Prominent Players operating in Global Vinyl Norbornene Market
Major players operating in the global vinyl norbornene market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies, such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development, to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include;
- Exxon Mobil
- Jilin City Dayu Chemical Industrial
Research Scope: Vinyl Norbornene Market
Vinyl Norbornene Market Segmentation by Product Type
- 98.5% Purity
- 99% Purity
Vinyl Norbornene Market Segmentation by Application
- Ethylene Norbornene
- Organic Synthesis
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.